Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
So he wont even be on the bench again tomorrow at home to Palace . Guess we have to hope we get drawn against Swindon in the league cup and then he might get subbed on in injury time if we are 3 up

Based Adnan

Shouldn't have to wait till September/October to see Gomes when you've got someone as ineffective as Lingard playing every week.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Might get his first start debut during end of this month for his 19th birthday.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Why do we have to wait for the youth when we have Lingard & Mata literally wasting everyone's time every week? I really don't get it.

He'sRaldo

I hope the same impatience from fans won't show up when he's getting chances and not impressing or in poor form.

Just from reading the thread, there seems to be some kind of expectation placed on him to come in, immediately displace Mata, Pereira, and Lingard, and transform the entire attack.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I hope the same impatience from fans won't show up when he's getting chances and not impressing or in poor form.

Just from reading the thread, there seems to be some kind of expectation placed on him to come in, immediately displace Mata, Pereira, and Lingard, and transform the entire attack.
He couldn't do worse than Mata did last game. The guy's done, certainly in the Prem anyway.

He'sRaldo

He couldn't do worse than Mata did last game. The guy's done, certainly in the Prem anyway.
True, but ultimately doesn't matter. If he does badly then they'll just want a new signing to replace him; that or they'll slate him and pile pressure on him. Same things they did for Rashford in the past.

izec

He will be in the matchday squad in September for the cup games and Europa League, but how many starts and minutes he will get is anyones guess really. We wont see him in the league before that

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Why would I or any others be impatient with upcoming talent? I have all the time in the world for young talent. James has been a breath of fresh air.

What i am not a fan of is seeing the same old faces who are supposed to be experienced first teamers and are clearly not good enough/never going to be good enough given the minutes over our youth who are more deserving of a chance at this point.

I don't think any fan would criticise the youth if they don't transform our attack in their first game. That is absurd.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I honestly can’t think of a manager at United who has shown this much faith in the youth players in such a short time... yet is still criticised for not doing it enough.

Some of you are mental.

El Jefe

I honestly can’t think of a manager at United who has shown this much faith in the youth players in such a short time... yet is still criticised for not doing it enough.

Some of you are mental.
You don't have to think much. LVG showed a lot more faith in youngsters, a bit too much in my opinion.

In saying that, I do agree that many on here are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. We will, play over 50 games this season and posters are moaning endlessly after two games. Gomes will get his chance, especially if Mata and Lingard keep up the mediocre performances.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You don't have to think much. LVG showed a lot more faith in youngsters, a bit too much in my opinion.

In saying that, I do agree that many on here are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. We will, play over 50 games this season and posters are moaning endlessly after two games. Gomes will get his chance, especially if Mata and Lingard keep up the mediocre performances.
Did he? This early into his tenure? I’m not sure if it is possible.

He'sRaldo

Why would I or any others be impatient with upcoming talent? I have all the time in the world for young talent. James has been a breath of fresh air.

What i am not a fan of is seeing the same old faces who are supposed to be experienced first teamers and are clearly not good enough/never going to be good enough given the minutes over our youth who are more deserving of a chance at this point.

I don't think any fan would criticise the youth if they don't transform our attack in their first game. That is absurd.
If I remember correctly, Rashford has gotten a ton of stick in the past, and he's still only 21! Same with Martial; and as we can see, the Dan James criticisms are already surfacing, after 1 start and 1 sub appearance, in which he scored.

Are you telling me you can't envision a situation where the same happens to our other youngsters? I myself can see it clear as day. It may not be you, but there definitely will be people very quick to slate them when usual youthful inconsistency appears.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If I remember correctly, Rashford has gotten a ton of stick in the past, and he's still only 21! Same with Martial; and as we can see, the Dan James criticisms are already surfacing, after 1 start and 1 sub appearance, in which he scored.

Are you telling me you can't envision a situation where the same happens to our other youngsters? I myself can see it clear as day. It may not be you, but there definitely will be people very quick to slate them when usual youthful inconsistency appears.
The idea that this forum is adapting of youngsters not playing well is HILARIOUS. Look at the shit McTominay, Chong and Rashford have got in the last year. Rashford has scored against every big club and plays for England and you get idiots calling him a Championship player. If Gomes come in for two games and was average, he’d be discarded right away.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He'll get his first start when the europa league or league cup roll around. If he performs well, hopefully he can win a place on the bench and build from there.

Tarrou

To be honest, with the squad so light in midfield it would be almost impossible not to give Gomes a fair few chances in midfield this season, and maybe Garner too

we're that short in numbers and quality

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Yoi must be new around here.

ChaddyP

If memory serves. What he did was go to the reserves during an injury crisis. Then if that player did well he continued with them. He rarely if ever started an academy player just put of the blue. Credit to him for sticking with them when they showed they could handle the first team

mad1max954

Feel like ole shit the bed playing lingard. Played it too safe. Feel like with a couple of changes we could have really gone after these.

lsd

The Oracle
Keep saying this Ole clearly does not rate Gomes he can't make it any more obvious. There's not a chance he will drop Lingard or Mata from the squad to give Gomes a chance.

The guy will be off next summer we have to accept this

knot_buzz

Keep saying this Ole clearly does not rate Gomes he can't make it any more obvious. There's not a chance he will drop Lingard or Mata from the squad to give Gomes a chance.

The guy will be off next summer we have to accept this
But he said he will get time come the cups.

Last edited:

Rocknrolla69er

I cant understand this one, im trying to see the logic as to why Lingaards taking a spot in the matchday squad, im looking at end product, assists and goals he offers none. The only reason i can see why hes picked is his high pressing, Gomes would surely offer alot better link play in attack, with more assists, key passes and goal output. Surely Gomes isnt a lazy player and wont press.

Bit baffled really, he l leave, must be scratching his head

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I cant understand this one, im trying to see the logic as to why Lingaards taking a spot in the matchday squad, im looking at end product, assists and goals he offers none. The only reason i can see why hes picked is his high pressing, Gomes would surely offer alot better link play in attack, with more assists, key passes and goal output. Surely Gomes isnt a lazy player and wont press.

Bit baffled really, he l leave, must be scratching his head
It's simple really. Either Ole rates Lingard very highly (very likely to be the case) or Ole doesn't rate Gomes that highly.

Rocknrolla69er

So a performance that cried out for a player like Gomes to unlock a stubborn defence

Over to you Ole

Massive lack of creativity of clear cut chances

podurban2

I’m just really happy we are protecting his development and are not throwing him in the deep-end against Crystal Palace at home. Maybe he can be on the bench in a cup game sometime in the future, that way he will get the right amount of experience he needs. After all, we can’t put any expectations on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.