Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's young and all, but that last play on Rashford.... Not good. I'd be fuming if it was a game that mattered or if I was Rashford. As it is.. season is already done anyway so whatever.
Ha, I said the same thing walking out the ground... Imagine he did that in a game that actually mattered

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Obviously the Greenwood shit is something that catches everyone off guard and sets you back though. He's a player who we all expected to be possibly THE key player in our attack that we build around. Its essentially like having a 100m asset stripped to 0 overnight. So it's not exactly a big surprise how we went from over stocked last summer to thread bare now.
Yeah, the Greenwood thing is huge. We’re also paying the price for having two number 9s in their late 30s. One would be fine. Two is too stupid for words.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am no expert but i dont think he is good enough. This is the top level of football.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sometimes his awareness is poor but you can give me some leeway due to being young. That bit at the end was dire though

TempusFugit

He might be getting a little bit too hungry to establish himself and take up a spot in the team. Needs to calm down and let the senior attackers work. Seems like he's getting a bit too big headed because he's starting frequently.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ha, I said the same thing walking out the ground... Imagine he did that in a game that actually mattered
Yeah like that last tackle might be the difference between finishing in the Europa League spots or conference League spots. Who cares really in the grand scheme?

bosnian_red

Yeah, the Greenwood thing is huge. We’re also paying the price for having two number 9s in their late 30s. One would be fine. Two is too stupid for words.
Yup. I feel like Ronaldo essentially replaced Cavani but we had already extended Cavani so just ate the cost. And having a group of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford and Elanga on paper was fine really, at least in the summer. Cavani was a bonus depth, who ended up being perma injured. Dan James was sold. Amad still too young and raw. Martial loaned out because no game time. And then Greenwood happens, Ronaldo shows his age more.... And we are left with Sancho, a mentally shattered Rashford, a 37 year old Ronaldo who doesn't give a feck if he isn't in the CL or a title race, and raw Elanga. Things change quickly when something as drastic as Greenwood happens. It's hard to understate it. We essentially were planning him to be our future main attacker... And right to 0 value over night. Once that happened, the season was essentially done IMO. It killed the squad quality and depth and fecked with us mentally too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That’s it basically. Not good enough yet still starts for us on merit. The forward line we’ve assembled is hilariously bad
To be fair, the forward line we have assembled is largely unavailable.

Lost bear

Yup. I feel like Ronaldo essentially replaced Cavani but we had already extended Cavani so just ate the cost. And having a group of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford and Elanga on paper was fine really, at least in the summer. Cavani was a bonus depth, who ended up being perma injured. Dan James was sold. Amad still too young and raw. Martial loaned out because no game time. And then Greenwood happens, Ronaldo shows his age more.... And we are left with Sancho, a mentally shattered Rashford, a 37 year old Ronaldo who doesn't give a feck if he isn't in the CL or a title race, and raw Elanga. Things change quickly when something as drastic as Greenwood happens. It's hard to understate it. We essentially were planning him to be our future main attacker... And right to 0 value over night. Once that happened, the season was essentially done IMO. It killed the squad quality and depth and fecked with us mentally too.
I think it’s true about the impact of the Greenwood thing on the squad.
To return to Elanga, though, I like the kid but I’ve never thought he really had the necessary quality.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s nowhere near good enough to be starting games for us. In truth he might never be good enough.

bosnian_red

I think it’s true about the impact of the Greenwood thing on the squad.
To return to Elanga, though, I like the kid but I’ve never thought he really had the necessary quality.
Yeah I think he is an OK premier league level prospect with a good attitude and quick feet. There's not a whole lot to his game yet, but he's decent enough... Just not a special prospect. United needs special prospects. Even special prospects don't hit the heights pretty often. Januzaj, Martial, Greenwood, Rashford were all terrific prospects. Rashford easily reached the highest level and then declined for whatever reason. But an average prospect like Elanga... I just don't see him ever being more than a squad player.

Devil’s Trident

I don’t see it with him at all. He’s not even a pace merchant really. He’s RRs guy he can say he brought through but he’s so far off the required standard technically.

The 2 moments in stoppage time, tackling Rashford & not being able to find the open space to hit Rashford at the back post sum him up perfectly. I get people want a bright spot from the season but this guy isn’t it.
Same here. I just don’t see it. There is not a single thing I can say about him that stands out. Just another average academy graduate like many others before him. Not given a place because of some amazing talent but because of reasons nobody knows. Mctominay was Mourinho’s guy and he is Ralf’s. And then they get sacked and move on and we get stuck and decide to keep players like these at this for club forever.

Paul_Scholes18

Good first half, but not so good second half.

He is technically good and nice mobility, but it shows he is playing in a team with poor coaching.

We will make anyone look poor.

Overall though both him and Sancho can need better coaching to improve, but I would not mind getting upgrades for both wings if we can do it.
Still think central forward is bigger priority. Thus buy one winger and one striker and bench Elanga unless he improves.

Stadjer

I dont think he will ever develop into a star player for a team that wins the title or wins the cl. Just doesnt have that insane talent. Young Rashford was better.

El Jefe

A much worse version of Januzaj. A glimmer of hope in an abject season that will be exposed as not being good enough in the long run.

Paul_Scholes18

I dont think he will ever develop into a star player for a team that wins the title or wins the cl. Just doesnt have that insane talent. Young Rashford was better.
He is no Ronaldo that is for sure. Problem is Sancho we bought for big money to be that star player and he is not performing either.

Andersons Dietician

Feel like his lack of experience really showed today. Then there was his poor passing and odd decisions but all this is to be expected as he finds his way but may be time just to have a little watching brief.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Harsh takes in here. He's the sort of player you only play with much better players in and around him. A hustler. A runner. A squad player for depth.

He's not somebody you rely on to score or make goals and drive the team, which is no fault of his determination.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's the least crap we've got the at the moment and that sums up the club perfectly. In an ideal world he would be nowhere near the squad of Manchester United.

Remember the geese

I like him and he has a good attitude. He's playing far too many minutes for us though. Should either be an impact sub, or on loan at a good Championship club.

united for life

I am no expert but i dont think he is good enough. This is the top level of football.
he’s 19 and is learning at this stage. We need to control emotions; it seems like fans swing between loving him after a good game and hating him after a bad one. Overall, he has good potential, no doubt. It is how this potential is taken care of and developed that matters. He has speed, not afraid to go for take ons and he actually cares - his body language show it. coaches should refine him as a player to get the best out of his talent. For instance, in the next training session, he should be taught how not to tackle his own forwards; he’ll learn.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Amazing that on one hand we're baying for the blood of the seniors, screaming "OMG PlAy ThE kIdS 4EvA!!!" yet on the other we're writing off one of the most promising kids we have because of a shit game.

AFC NimbleThumb

Harsh takes in here. He's the sort of player you only play with much better players in and around him. A hustler. A runner. A squad player for depth.

He's not somebody you rely on to score or make goals and drive the team, which is no fault of his determination.
That sentence is the problem in itself. We need to carry him with better players & those players lie on the end of quite a few transfer windows if you take our previous transfer dealing slowness as a barometer. Caveating a player in such a way doesn’t look at the actuality of the matter. Judge him on today, with this team & that’s enough to see he’s got some improvements to make to make it at United.

Like too many ‘hard workers’ in the team that offer little in terms of technique, he wouldn’t make rivals benches as squad filler. He’s a young man so there’s room for improvement but he needs to make giant strides.

Frank Grimes

I'm far from a Rashford fan but I'd start him ahead of Elanga every day of the week. Nothing against Elanga I actually feel sorry on these younger players who might not be up to the required standard yet are put into this situation at a time when the club is aimless.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If he's the best the academy can do we're in more trouble than I thought.
He's not. We only have two players ready for the 1st team in Mejbri and Galbraith. Elanga, imo, has never been that impressive. He's just lucky that Martial wanted out, Greenwood had to go, Rashford lost his mojo, Cavani is never available, etc.

roseguy64

He's not. We only have two players ready for the 1st team in Mejbri and Galbraith. Elanga, imo, has never been that impressive. He's just lucky that Martial wanted out, Greenwood had to go, Rashford lost his mojo, Cavani is never available, etc.
Garner is ready for the first team too. Laird too maybe.

Seij

What was he trying to do there??

EDIT: Just watched it again. He was trying to shoot, not realizing that Rashford was continuing to run with the ball. Poor spatial awareness and poor chemistry/communication.

macheda14

He won't. We MASSIVELY overrate any academy product that plays. He's had a few good games and some goals but you can see he isn't anything special.
I mean I don't think anyone here has ever really said he will go on to be a top player. However he could definitely have a very good career due to having decent attributes, but from all reports an incredible amount of determination. With the possible actual squad reset on the cards (not the Ole PR one), I would happily have players like him in our squad.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A much worse version of Januzaj. A glimmer of hope in an abject season that will be exposed as not being good enough in the long run.
Can't compare him to Januzaj yet who was superb on the ball in his first season.

SmallCaine

Another brain dead kid coming up from the academy, do we only get the really stupid ones or does the academy turn their football iq to mush?

Status
Not open for further replies.