5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchred

Shame as we aren't short of wide forwards.
Doesn't matter if we didn't have even 1, OGS doesn't trust youth. He gives them a minute now and then to give the impression he plays youth.
I still believe if we got Bellingham he would be on loan on playing in the Under 23's

pascell

A couple of goals for him so far tonight for Sweden under 21's vs Bosnia. I wonder which lucky club will have him in January.
I said it a month or so ago, he needs that loan. He's too good for u23 football at United and u21 level for Sweden. This loan is pivotal in the next step in his career, he makes the right choice then he'll push into the senior Sweden team for the WC and then the season after, he'll be in and around the United first team.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A half decent manager would have allowed Jesse, Martial and Mata to go and he would have invested in a DM. Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Elanga and Diallo would have been enough talent on the flanks.

macheda14

A half decent manager would have allowed Jesse, Martial and Mata to go and he would have invested in a DM. Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Elanga and Diallo would have been enough talent on the flanks.
I think he and the club were ready to let Jesse go they just had a price they wanted to receive.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He should have started more games. Period. He has tremendous pace and work rate which would have scared lot many teams.

devilish

I think he and the club were ready to let Jesse go they just had a price they wanted to receive.
If Ole played Diallo and Elanga more then the club would have sold Jesse as they wouldn't have seen any hope for him in first team whatsoever which will lead to his price dropping deeper. The problem with Ole is that he says one thing and does the other. For example he speaks of youths and then he gives contracts to the likes of Grant, Mata, Mcshane and Heaton with the likes of Elanga and Diallo never been given a sniff of first team football.

Also are you sure about that statement? Cause Ole begged VDB not to join Everton only to forget all about him. The guy love to have a huge squad and he doesn't trust young players unless they are Greenwood level of talent

Bondi77

This guy would be more effective for us than Sancho; He has better pace and can beat a man one on one which is what we need.

GueRed

He's been very good the last couple of years in the under 23's.

Featured in the first team squads towards the end of last..did well.

Unlucky in getting injured at the very start of this season, otherwise would've got a place on the bench, maybe started, especially with Rashford, Cavani, Martial all out.

I would like to him go out on loan this january..

Bwuk

I’d ideally send him and Hannibal to the same side on loan.

If they don’t get regular game time this season somewhere I’d imagine, especially Hannibal, will be asking their agents to get a move.

Remember the geese

I said it a month or so ago, he needs that loan. He's too good for u23 football at United and u21 level for Sweden. This loan is pivotal in the next step in his career, he makes the right choice then he'll push into the senior Sweden team for the WC and then the season after, he'll be in and around the United first team.
He needs to be going either to the top of the Championship or lower Prem. He's more than talented enough to be making the Sweden World Cup squad. In an ideal world, he and Amad would be squad players here.

NoPace

He needs to be going either to the top of the Championship or lower Prem. He's more than talented enough to be making the Sweden World Cup squad. In an ideal world, he and Amad would be squad players here.
Prem squads are so deep now I think it would be tough for him to get playing time as a loanee. Champo sure.

Blood Mage

Another player who's career has hit a brick wall because of Ole's desperation to keep his job. The youth players are being left to rot.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Utd are hoarding players that never play. The bloated squad is preventing young talents like Elanga an opportunity to play. This is not just a manager issue, it is everyone's fault from Ole right up to the board.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm sure he "allowed" that to happen - no one exactly wants to buy them.

NK86

Not sure if you actually believe that. Moyes came out saying that Ole explicitly told him Jesse isn't for sale. Wasn't Mata out of contract?

captaincantona

There is also the fact that if we play 2 strikers to accommodate Ronaldo we have Rashford and Greenwood, Sancho, Cavani and presumably Martial competing for at max 2 spots. With Mata and Jesse..Amad, Elanga, Won’t get a look in.

All this “we have many ways to play” bollox out of Ole...playing one way Properly and getting the best out of our young talent would do.

RedCurry

He’s a little bit of a gem isn’t he. I have absolutely no doubt he will have a successful career at the top level somewhere in Europe. I hope he can go just one step up and become a star at United.

devilish

I criticize the board a lot. I think that its undecisive and incompetent. The way we're handling the Ole situation is disgraceful and amateur and it shows that promoting Murtough-Fletch hasn't changed anything. There are two ways to skin that cat. We either fire Ole and bring someone else (interim or not) else we publicly confirm the manager . The latter would rally the troops around Ole as they know that if he fails then next year they'll probably be playing in the Europa league. What the board can't do is to stay quiet and give the manager a long holiday. Such decision makes the manager look like a lazy bum, its strips him of time he can coach his players in and it fuels speculation around him.

However while I don't rate the board I feel that we can't fault them on players. After all its the same people who do not mind giving Sanchez a payoff and we don't mind losing the likes of Romero, Jesse and probably Pogba on free.

On this particular issue I think that Ole is at fault. Let's take the GK situation as an example. Last year we had 3 first team level keepers in DDG, Romero and Henderson. That caused friction in the dressing room and ultimately saw Romero leaving for free. What does Ole do? He adds yet another first team level keeper in Heaton while also giving a contract to Grant. Which means that we've got 5 goalkeepers all of which are experienced in their own right. Ole begged VDB to remain even though he considers him as a no 10 and he's already got Bruno, Pogba, Jesse, Mata (whom he gave a new contract to) and Hannibal capable of playing there. He signed McShane to play in the reserves as he probably believe that a CB who wasn't even good enough in his prime can teach something to the kids.

Time and time again Ole has been building a huge squad while concurrently playing a small pool of players. United gave a contract extension to Bailly only for us to play Maguire even though he was out of match fitness. Mata and Grant were given contract extensions even though they were finished at this level. Meanwhile Telles and VDB had vanished in the reserves with Sancho seem heading to that route. For me Ole adopts a very coward approach to football. He sticks to a small pool of players whom he run to the ground because he is afraid of trying anything new. However he still wants a huge squad just in case injury hits because god forbid he's got to rely on kids. That's because kids who aren't generational talent will need to be micromanaged due to their inexperience.

Last edited:

captaincantona

I criticize the board a lot. I think that its undecisive and incompetent. The way we're handling the Ole situation is disgraceful and amateur and it shows that promoting Murtough-Fletch hasn't changed anything. However you can't fault them on players. After all its the same people who do not mind too much losing the likes of Romero, Jesse and probably Pogba on free. In this particular thing I do thing its a manager thing. The smoking gun clearly shows that.

Let's take the GK situation as an example. Last year we had 3 first team level keepers in DDG, Romero and Henderson. That caused friction in the dressing room and ultimately saw Romero leaving for free. What does Ole do? He adds yet another first team level keeper in Heaton while also giving a contract to Grant. Which means that we've got 5 goalkeepers all of which are experienced in their own right. Ole begged VDB to remain even though he considers him as a no 10 and he's already got Bruno, Pogba, Jesse, Mata (whom he gave a new contract to) and Hannibal capable of playing there. He signed McShane to play in the reserves as he probably believe that a CB who wasn't even good enough in his prime can teach something to the kids.

Time and time again Ole has been building a huge squad while concurrently playing a small pool of players. United gave a contract extension to Bailly only for us to play Maguire even though he was out of match fitness. Mata and Grant were given contract extensions even though they were finished at this level. Meanwhile Telles and VDB had vanished in the reserves with Sancho seem heading to that route. For me Ole adopts a very coward approach to football. He sticks to a small pool of players whom he run to the ground because he is afraid of trying anything new. However he still wants a huge squad just in case injury hits because god forbid he's got to rely on kids. That's because kids who aren't generational talent will need to be micromanaged due to their inexperience.

Not point adding to this. Exactly how I feel on the matter. We have invested quite a lot it seems in revamping the youth set up. It’s pointless if we don’t have faith in clearly capable youth talents we have acquired to make the squad until the last day of the season.

devilish

Not point adding to this. Exactly how I feel on the matter. We have invested quite a lot it seems in revamping the youth set up. It’s pointless if we don’t have faith in clearly capable youth talents we have acquired to make the squad until the last day of the season.
Time and time again we hear how the board only care about money. I think that assumption is wrong. A board that only care about money would not

- give an inexperienced manager 415m to spend.
- they wouldn't hire someone whose got no experience as DOF as DOF and someone who has like 5 minute coaching experience as technical director.
- they wouldn't retain a manager who insists in putting his Summer biggest signing on the bench.

Ole has been bad for business. We signed players we didn't need to sign (ex Heaton and Mcshane), we retained players we didn't need to retain (ex Mata and Grant), players who could command a decent fee like Henderson, VDB and Sancho are rotting on the bench while players like Romero has walked on free with Jesse and Pogba seems following suit.

Sure CL qualification is minimum expectations but minimum expectations are a norm in most places of work. United main problem at board level is sheer incompetence.

arthurka

Want him to take up Martial's space in the squad. He looks absolutely rapid and has a great eye for a goal.

GazTheLegend

Just watched him the U19 Champions League game from last week (had a bit of time) and Elanga looks like a man playing with kids already. Way too good for the level he's playing at. Needs to get himself a good loan move in January, or maybe even something permanent, given that at present he is competing with Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, and Lingard. I really enjoyed his cameo at the end of last season, I would like to believe there's a good chance he'll play against Young Boys, or at least I hope so!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Just watched him the U19 Champions League game from last week (had a bit of time) and Elanga looks like a man playing with kids already. Way too good for the level he's playing at. Needs to get himself a good loan move in January, or maybe even something permanent, given that at present he is competing with Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, and Lingard. I really enjoyed his cameo at the end of last season, I would like to believe there's a good chance he'll play against Young Boys, or at least I hope so!
A player like him will be among the first to make the jump towards the first team imo. I think with the appointment of Rangnick, he Soretire and Mejbri might see far more 1st team football than they perhaps thought they might, especially over Christmas.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hope Ralf has a good look at him. He needs to be getting some minutes in the first team. Too good to still be with the kids.

Blood Mage

The type of young attacking talent Rangnick loves to nurture and mould into a pressing machine. He's hungry, robust and direct in the way he plays. Amad will also become a favourite of his in time I think.

RedCurry

I have had very little doubt that this kid will be playing in big leagues pretty soon. Given Rashford’s form at the moment, this could be a good time to throw Elanga into the team. He’s such a eager player that I would not be surprised to see him being played out of position at right back or something. Just get him on the field.

0le

He has made the match day squad.

If the tweet is true, then Elanga will almost certainly feature against Young Boys. I think Rangnick will still favour the experienced players for Palace, simply because he has the CL game to do effectively whatever he likes with little consequence.

Bwuk

If the tweet is true, then Elanga will almost certainly feature against Young Boys. I think Rangnick will still favour the experienced players for Palace, simply because he has the CL game to do effectively whatever he likes with little consequence.
Agreed. We should be using the Young Boys match to see the likes of Amad & Elanga get minutes.

Dembeza

Agreed. We should be using the Young Boys match to see the likes of Amad & Elanga get minutes.
I understand this but shouldn’t we use this match as practice and also implementation of the new tactics?

If the coach wasn’t new then we could play the youngsters, but seeing that it’s gonna be the second game for the new coach then it’s wise to play the first team.

prateik

Was the first team even training? Saw the images from the first training session.. Didnt look like there were too many first team players in there..

Ralph1386

Was the first team even training? Saw the images from the first training session.. Didnt look like there were too many first team players in there..
I think some of those who played against Arsenal were given a rest.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
the players who played didn’t train, but the rest did. so yeah the likes of donny, elanga, greenwood etc

Status
Not open for further replies.