5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He asks a lot of his players, particularly the attacking players, so we're going to need plenty of options. Having some really talented youngsters like Elanga and Diallo who have already demonstrated their willing to work hard defensively, will make life a lot easier. Won't be surprised to see Mejbri get some game time towards the end of the season either.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We weren’t chasing anything, we were pretty much secure and it looked like a comfortable victory. Elanga was just fresh legs and he ran a lot, which is what the boss wanted.
The only thing we were secure in was keeping it goalless when Elanga was introduced.

Last edited:

SoCross

Fantastic to see! I rate Elanga highly but think he’s at least a year away from making a real impression on the team. Glad to see the effort being made :drool:

Will be interesting to see where he’s going to be played and developed though. Always thought he’d be better as an inside forward.

Last edited:

Robindinho

We weren’t chasing anything, we were pretty much secure and it looked like a comfortable victory. Elanga was just fresh legs and he ran a lot, which is what the boss wanted.
It was 0-0 when he came on, not a token gesture last 5 minutes at 2/3-0.

Good to see youth given a proper chance (hopefully same happens with Amad and Hannibal) - not to continue the Ole bashing but there's no way he'd make that sub.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It was 0-0 when he came on though?

Oranges038

Good to see him get game time, really hope him and Amad start to see more minutes.
They need chances to play to see if they can do it, so much better than wasting minutes on the likes of Lingard, Martial or Mata.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He asks a lot of his players, particularly the attacking players, so we're going to need plenty of options. Having some really talented youngsters like Elanga and Diallo who have already demonstrated their willing to work hard defensively, will make life a lot easier. Won't be surprised to see Mejbri get some game time towards the end of the season either.
Yeah I agree it will be key to keep all players fit and firing, the press starts up front and the chances will come, we will rotate accordingly.

I wasn't impressed by much from Diallo in that regard tbh. He's closer to Martial's laid back style other than hard cored pressing machine but that can change hopefully.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Was a very ballsy call from Ralf to put Elanga on, I liked it though.
I'm not really sure who else could've come on to be honest but I guess Ole may well have just stuck with the tired forwards that started.

Rossa

Yeah I agree it will be key to keep all players fit and firing, the press starts up front and the chances will come, we will rotate accordingly.

I wasn't impressed by much from Diallo in that regard tbh. He's closer to Martial's laid back style other than hard cored pressing machine but that can change hopefully.
Think of the transformation of Bernardo Silva. When he first arrived at City he struggled physically, but now he's a machine.

A-man

It was 0-0 when he came on, not a token gesture last 5 minutes at 2/3-0.

Good to see youth given a proper chance (hopefully same happens with Amad and Hannibal) - not to continue the Ole bashing but there's no way he'd make that sub.
Yes, this wasn’t a sub to give a young talent some minutes of experience, it was a sub to help us win the game.
I believe it is easier to play youngsters in this energetic football compared to possession based football. Youngsters bring energy but don’t always make the best decisions.

SAF is the GOAT

I love Anthony but we all know that if we had more fitter players and not so many injuries and absents he wouldn't stand a chance to even be on our bench.

Last edited:

TSE123

Interesting that some saw him as nervous. :)
My comment during the game was the opposite. Looked very confident in how he showed for the ball and made a few attempts when he had it. Good movement off it. Worked hard to pressure CPs build up.

laughtersassassin

Nice to see him get minutes but really felt it should have been Amad.

To me he is way better overall and his appearances have shown that.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Strange, I've thought the opposite. From what I've seen of Amad (all his first team matches and one or two youth team) one thing that always surprises me is how eager and willing he seems to press and win the ball back.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought about Diallo sub in as winger, with Greenwood partnering Ronaldo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

what? I could be wrong but i’m pretty sure statistically Amad presses a LOT. He might be languid on the ball but he works hard and sprints a lot off it

Thiagoal

We have some very exciting youngsters that Ralf will love and will fit into his system seamlessly! Elanga, Amad and Shoretire I’m expecting to see much more of in the first team very soon! We’ll need to ship Mata, Marial and Edison though to give them a proper shot!

Teja

Fantastic to see! I rate Elanga highly but think he’s at least a year away from making a real impression on the team. Glad to see the effort being made :drool:

Will be interesting to see where he’s going to be played and developed though. Always thought he’d be better as an inside forward.
On the contrary, I don't really rate him and think he's just a pace merchant with poor technique but will be very happy to be proven wrong.

I'm sure he deserves his chance though, Ole spoke very positively about him and Rangnick wants to play him. Something about mentality, hunger, desire etc.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
On the contrary, I don't really rate him and think he's just a pace merchant with poor technique but will be very happy to be proven wrong.

I'm sure he deserves his chance though, Ole spoke very positively about him and Rangnick wants to play him. Something about mentality, hunger, desire etc.
Is this based on few appearance in first team or U23 football as well? Because i think he has shown he has good technique while playing for U23.

Teja

Is this based on few appearance in first team or U23 football as well? Because i think he has shown he has good technique while playing for U23.
Think I only watched him play twice for the U-23s, so mostly the first team. With some players you just see the technique with the little things they do - how they control aerial balls or balls pinged to feet at pace, how they dribble etc.

I think Elanga's dribbling is mostly based on having the defender commit and beat him for pace than actual technical dribbling of the kind Sancho, Bernardo Silva etc. engage in. His touch was also pretty inconsistent. I don't think even in the U-23s he was rated for his passing ability / creativity - it was more the pace + goalscoring.

Let's see, I hope he can take his chance this week and do well.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah touch not always there but really quick and a goal threat.

roseguy64

The real question is why Phil Jones in the squad? Considering Bailly is available.
Amad should have taken his place on the bench.
This is late but we're suffering injuries at the back so needed as many bodies as possible.

roseguy64

I hope they all go on loan actually. It will be tough for them to get games. Selling players in January is tricky.

city-puma

Elanga did well in those 20 mins. He will give Rashford a competition this season soon.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope they all go on loan actually. It will be tough for them to get games. Selling players in January is tricky.
I want just the opposite. We are trying to implement new style and want the youngsters to see what is required to play here. Then we need to find team which plays in similar fashion. Just getting games wont be enough now if we play a certain style

SoCross

Guess we shall see! He’s got the physical attributes as well as the mental side of the game, think with the right coaching, he can make an impact. I agree with you when you say Diallo has better technique.

roseguy64

I want just the opposite. We are trying to implement new style and want the youngsters to see what is required to play here. Then we need to find team which plays in similar fashion. Just getting games wont be enough now if we play a certain style
Game time is more important. Any style they need to learn can be done in preseason. They need to be playing regular games not coming on as subs.

Bwuk

Hope he does start against Young Boys. It’s a dead rubber, we should be giving him and Amad starts.

Man Utd 1:1 Young Boys

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Quite disappointed with him tonight. He usually shows a lot of industry and ambition but he was barely in the game despite it being a free hit. Missed his only chance.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thought he was poor. Out of Greenwood, Amad and himself, he was the worst.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's an alright player who has a future in the premier league/one of the big 5 leagues. Really don't think he has any future as a United player (beyond a random sub role), you have to be an elite talent for that, but that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.