5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Worked hardest out of the attacking players (which should not be underrated).
Didnt manage to create much. Should have scored.
He isn't a number 9 but stuck it out and tried to hold up play even if he got thrown to the ground at every chance. Greenwood should have been the one to gain experience as a lone striker when the opposition team is suffocating you.

BlackBen

Quite disappointing today. Seems like a player who can thrive out on wings, maybe even wing back. But playing up front is a different beast.
Can he be molded into our own version of Alphonso Davies? He was also a LW who got converted into a LWB iirc.

pascell

Some of the comments in here :lol:
I bet some haven't even seen him play more than two games for the u23s, a league which he's outgrowing at the age of 19! And again, for Sweden u21s, he's outgrowing them too with his performances, one game for United doesn't mean they're useless, have no technical ability and our scouts should be doing better.

He needs a loan of regular senior football, he has plenty of time to develop his technical skills, which are already a good level, he was probably just nervous last night.

Real Name

Elanga is fast but has 0 technical ability. Won't make it here .
This kind of comments are great. One game with a team which wont play together ever again and he wont make it at United?
Sounds legit.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's 19, unexperienced and lacks gametime at highest level. Only gifted players can make it immediately (and sometimes even those take years to reach their peak).

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He was poor, but I rate the kid. He reminds me a lot of Lingard when he came through.

I thought shola did well do! Physically he's stronger so I felt he could atleast impose himself.

Elanga is a bit weak, but if you look at his physique he's absolutely ripped! Just goes to show how strong professional footballers are. I think a loan spell will do him good.
Shola's also the youngest of the bunch. Last year he didn't look ready and was easily bullied. He looked much stronger now.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He has the attributes, but I don't think this role of second striker or whatever it's called we have in 4222 suits him. Was out of the game way too much, I always thought the best way to introduce young players is to make them "feel" the game, get into the tempo etc. That's not how he was used, he was basically playing Martial role of a striker back to the goal and struggled massively. Amad was much more involved (dropping deep) although he is a youngster obviously and it showed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If us youth watchers are guilty of sometimes overrating a young player, then the non-youth watchers are guilty of underrating our young players. Anthony Elanga, no technical ability? Give me a break :lol:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
In a different timeline, McNeil or Hugill gets the start up front with Mason and Elanga gets to play where he should in this system which is as the left sided 10.

Drainy

This post could be in the Amad and Shoretire threads as well but, give him time ffs.

He was forcing it a bit, composure comes with experience.

city-puma

If in the game yesterday we replace Mata by Fred and Lingard by Hannibal, how would we perform?

jb8521

The rush from some on here to instantly write off youngsters they clearly know nothing about while looking for every excuse going & even making things up to defend senior players who haven't shown up for the club over the past 2 years when they put in similar performances is tiresome. Obviously if you write every player off you'll be right more often than not considering how few actually make it but feck me it must take a lot of joy out of being a fan being so cynical & critical about things. Not every young player makes an instant impact when they step up to senior football but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't ready & never will be as some seem to think. Some need minor tweaks to their game, others need a loan to sharpen things up, some just need the confidence to play their natural game which can happen very quickly if things click for them & then many will never make the step up but this idea that a poor performance in an extremely disjointed team means he "has 0 technical ability" or our youth scouting needs to improve just show a complete lack of knowledge of a player who has excelled at every level he's played at & a lack of knowledge of how the integration of young players into senior football usually happens. The instant impact that the likes of Rashford made are very much the outliers rather than the norm.

Mickson

He's not a central forward. Yet. Even in the U23 he struggles in that role and is invisible from time to time. He is a wing forward, to the left. Where he can take on people and come with crosses, or go inside to shoot. He will be good centrally eventually, but he is not ready for that now.

Ekeke

Was being asked to play up front, against CBs who were body against body with him and he wasnt able to get his touches down and compete with them. Hopefully this will add to his learning and he'll get better at those things if hes going to be used in a role like that up front. For now that was a weak performance

RedCurry

Can he be molded into our own version of Alphonso Davies? He was also a LW who got converted into a LWB iirc.
It’s possible imo. But for us to do that, we first have to become dominant enough in our play to be able to push the full backs right up the pitch against most oppositions. He’s got old school winger attributes and most such players are playing as wing backs these days.

TSE123

I see people have already written him off on this basis of a match in which a disjointed xi was started.

This place is a gutter these days.
Its almost amuzing, isn't it. Elanga has looked interesting when given the chance in earlier games. Now he starts in s reserves team who don't need to win, against a decent team who wants to win. In a position that's not his best. Under a new manager. In a new system. And after 90 fairly poor minutes he "will never make it as a United player" (the bar this season has been pretty low so pretty much anyone can make it), "has no talent", "no technical ability" and much worse.

Another example is Dalot after the Villareal game. Yes he was rubbish. But writing him off for the rest of his career is ridiculous. He has already proven that he is a contender for the RWB position.

I don't know if its the internet that does it to people, or if people are just stupid (no offense! :) ) and like this in real life as well!?

city-puma

Its almost amuzing, isn't it. Elanga has looked interesting when given the chance in earlier games. Now he starts in s reserves team who don't need to win, against a decent team who wants to win. In a position that's not his best. Under a new manager. In a new system. And after 90 fairly poor minutes he "will never make it as a United player" (the bar this season has been pretty low so pretty much anyone can make it), "has no talent", "no technical ability" and much worse.

Another example is Dalot after the Villareal game. Yes he was rubbish. But writing him off for the rest of his career is ridiculous. He has already proven that he is a contender for the RWB position.

I don't know if its the internet that does it to people, or if people are just stupid (no offense! :) ) and like this in real life as well!?
Believe me, many hold the same thoughts as you have. Unbelievable, isn’t it?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Great news, I still stand by the idea that he’s our most talented youth player. Not to show any hatred to the others but I back him over Amad, Hannibal and Shoretire.

GueRed

Great news, I still stand by the idea that he’s our most talented youth player. Not to show any hatred to the others but I back him over Amad, Hannibal and Shoretire.
Not sure most talented.

But he has consistently been our best u-23's performer the last couple of years. He's upped his game...

New contract is well deserved and welcome news.

siw2007

A real shame the lad got injured at the start of the season, he had a cracking pre-season and could have played some more games. He’s got the raw tools and by the looks the right mentality to make it far in the game so hope it is with us.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Not sure most talented.

But he has consistently been our best u-23's performer the last couple of years. He's upped his game...

New contract is well deserved and welcome news.
He's not the most talented in the sense that I that I don't think he has the highest ceiling. But he is already quite good. Reminds me a bit of young (so like 20-21') Lingard.

Thiagoal

I think once he settles in to life with the first team he will really show is ability! Great work rate, rapid and very composed is a seriously good skill set to have

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He knows that he will get game time under the new manager and given a chance to break into first team. Looking forward to see him properly motivated.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Like Martial and Rashford but with added work rate. His finishing looks great at 23s and u21 international. Deserves a crack at the big show. Loan is the next step though. He’s still a way off being a regular Utd starter. A big part of our problem at Utd is we’ve been relying on the likes of Martial and Rashford (and now Elanga?) to sustain us when they are too streaky and their work rate is questionable

dutchred

Until he has a good run out in the first team we won't know. Anyway he can't be worse than Martial (In his current form)

Ekeke

Just looking through our previous matches while Ralf has been here and noticed that against Young Boys he made 26 pressures over the 90 minutes. Fred averages 26.7 per game, so he put out about the same as Fred does usually.

There was much to improve on overall but no doubt that will help endear him to the new manager and get him some more chances

Woodenlung

Where did he actually play when he came on? I know he came on for AWB, but he popped up in the left a few times.

I feel bad for Elanga. He was brought on as a last, desperate spin of the dice abs was never in a position to succeed. Think Olé did the same near the end of his reign too.

For what it's worth don't think Elanga is quite ready yet either. Amad is far more composed on the ball and that's what we're crying out for more than anything else right now.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Playing this kid ahead of Amad screams of bias! He is good but does not have enough quality. He turns 20 in 2 months and at this age, United players are already really good - check Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Martial, Mason, Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.