5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBest

I think he is ready to start or be thirdbchoice wide forward after Sancho and Greenwood. Give Rashford a break, take him out of the limelight.

The confidence of Elanga is great. That first run skipping past Cash and then whipped in a cross to an embarrassing empty box, it was magnificent.

city-puma

He is starting to post the serious question about Rashford’s position. It’s a good sign. Starting a game is not far away anymore.

mu4c_20le

You guys need to calm down, he looked lively because he came on against a very tired Villa side. I'd like to see Ralf do that more often however

SirScholes

I think he is ready to start or be thirdbchoice wide forward after Sancho and Greenwood. Give Rashford a break, take him out of the limelight.

The confidence of Elanga is great. That first run skipping past Cash and then whipped in a cross to an embarrassing empty box, it was magnificent.
100% behind this
All I want to see rashford do is this, we’ve got a great poacher in Cavani and Bruno with late runs, why did it take Elanga coming on before we got someone running at their man to pull a ball across goal

Jireh

Supports
Utd
What kind of bias?
Unless he is to be played at wing back, he does not have enough ability to play upfront for United. Amad is a better footballer.

You may have picked the wrong night to be name checking Rashford and Greenwood. Bias my hole. Very 2022.
Check when I posted this, and yes Rashford and Greenwood are still way better footballers than Elanga. I have seen the kid play, and his ability/potential is not top 3 in the academy.

Last edited:
Elanga had a really impressive preseason, but his cameos so far this season haven't been eyecatching, haven't pushed him into contention. This one did.

Very lively when he came on, albeit against tired legs. Think he's earned himself a few more minutes.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Woody has left the building
Let's hope it isn't just a different face to the incompetence - the throwing about huge contracts like confetti needs to stop.

On a more serious note - Elanga looks like a good player, let's hope he keeps his hunger as he currently looks to have the drive to fulfil his talent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Elanga had a really impressive preseason, but his cameos so far this season haven't been eyecatching, haven't pushed him into contention. This one did.

Very lively when he came on, albeit against tired legs. Think he's earned himself a few more minutes.
Nicely put.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Rashford is still just as fast, but his touch is a worry. Greenwood has great top speed and always manages to get the ball past a defender even if it doesn’t look that fast.
Rashford might have the top end still but his burst from a stop is nowhere near what it was before his back injury. Just go back and watch clips from before and you can tell the difference, and this is where his lack of close control gets exposed when he can't just burn someone for pure pace on the ball.

Hell, just watch how defenders treat him compared to what they used to do. They aren't afraid anymore and it's sad.

RedCurry

You guys need to calm down, he looked lively because he came on against a very tired Villa side. I'd like to see Ralf do that more often however
Isn’t that the point of having a squad? How about give him a few starts and bring Rashford from the bench against tired sides? Even if Elanga doesn’t tear it up, he will provide the much needed competition for Rashford and in worst case gain some minutes of senior football under his belt. Rashford also stands to gain some perspective and confidence if he comes from the bench and scores a couple.

SuperiorXI

Nice cameo from Elanga, I wouldn't mind to see him starting next game and if he has a good game then it's up to the others to try and get to his level to displace him.

youngrell

Can tell the guy is playing with a point to prove and trying to impress. This is what we need desperately.
Yes, exactly what you want from your young players trying to break into the first team. His energy and work rate for the few minutes he was on really showed up some of our senior pros today.

I don't think we have anything to lose by giving him a few starts. Nobody is firing at the moment, but his extra enthusiasm could be a help to the current team.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yes, exactly what you want from your young players trying to break into the first team. His energy and work rate for the few minutes he was on really showed up some of our senior pros today.

I don't think we have anything to lose by giving him a few starts. Nobody is firing at the moment, but his extra enthusiasm could be a help to the current team.
Agree completely, just a shame some of the more experienced guys aren’t firing. Always feels like the players that break through have way too much weight on their shoulders.

youngrell

Agree completely, just a shame some of the more experienced guys aren’t firing. Always feels like the players that break through have way too much weight on their shoulders.
They really do. It seems so long since a promising youth player had the luxury of slotting into a functioning team.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
Isn’t that the point of having a squad? How about give him a few starts and bring Rashford from the bench against tired sides? Even if Elanga doesn’t tear it up, he will provide the much needed competition for Rashford and in worst case gain some minutes of senior football under his belt. Rashford also stands to gain some perspective and confidence if he comes from the bench and scores a couple.
I agree with you completely on this, and honestly, the lack of variety in using the squad has been one of my biggest frustrations with management over the last few years. Even though we may have "regulars," why can't the regulars be used in various ways? For example, a regular may start most of the games but come off the bench in others.

In short, please use the squad!

With Rashford, I get that the thought might be to play him into form, but as you suggest, why can't that happen by having him come off the bench against tired players?

I think this approach could solve the Cavani/Ronaldo conundrum too. When Ronaldo signed, I envisioned a situation where those two older players could be rotated, even in the same game, to keep them both happy and fresh. Let Cavani run at the defense for 45-60 minutes and then throw Ronaldo on against a tired defense and vice versa. Sadly, nothing like this seems to have happened. The treble team rotated 4 strikers. Why can't we do something similar?

Bondi77

He played well and he was a threat as well as keeping Cash in check for most of the game.

Red Star One

Not too bad today. Surely a long way to the first team for him, but I liked what I saw and that effort could’ve gone in

Satsuma United

Hungry, desperate to prove a point, nothing flashy wich can be good in a modern system and i can see he can follow orders.

I liked what i saw today. Job well done Elanga boy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was very good.

Took his man on plenty, didn't give the ball away at every touch and ran his bollocks off. Great pressing too.

Deserves to start next game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Elanga, at the moment, is offering more to the side than a lot of our more experienced attackers. Should remain in the starting line up until someone else shows enough to displace him on merit.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He was alright but alright looks outstanding compared to the dirt Rashford and Sancho offers us. Did the simple things and had a couple of good chances.

yipthatman

Gutted, He's Swedish. Thought he was a English for some reason. Immense wing play. Rubbish in front of goal tonight though (as were most of the attack).

El Jefe

Start him next game. By far more impactful than our £73m signing and plays with more sense than Rashford.

He was the only positive from today.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Fantastic. Can't believe he got taken off before Greenwood or Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.