Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's honestly ridiculous for me he's the one youngster who's getting the most chances out of them all. Nothing against the boy, but he has zero talent and he offers nothing to warrant all these chances.

He'll end up at a relegation fodder team in the next few years.
I'm hoping it's purely because he's already had plenty of experience in the first team, so ETH doesn't want to throw the others in for their early experiences in matches where everything is going to shit around them.

Tony247

I'm hoping it's purely because he's already had plenty of experience in the first team, so ETH doesn't want to throw the others in for their early experiences in matches where everything is going to shit around them.
I doubt that's the case. A manager would like to have an impact player in situations like this. Elanga offers nothing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The insanity of this club is summarised by the fact that he's currently our 2nd choice Left and Right winger.

Trequarista10

I think Garnacho and Diallo will overtake him before long (and possibly another youngster). Elanga is ahead in the pecking order meanwhile purely due to physical development and experience.

At the moment the pecking order of our young wingers is the least of our concerns though.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I think Garnacho and Diallo will overtake him before long (and possibly another youngster). Elanga is ahead in the pecking order meanwhile purely due to physical development and experience.

At the moment the pecking order of our young wingers is the least of our concerns though.
It is when we only have 2 wingers and they both need to be dropped

Skills

Snitch
I think its purely because he's looked at as a rotational player because of first team experience, and Diallo/Pellistri are prospects.

People underestimate how conservative managers tend to be. At a club like ours, i think Ten Hag could do with a lot more help - if we really want him using those guys, we should make Elanga unavailable by selling him.

I always feel like the clubs head of youth development, should be a lot more involved in terms of selecting which players actually get a chance to join the first team squad. Modern head coaches aren't actually very good judges of talent - its why LVG was obsessed with Blackett and McNair, and ignored Michael Keane. Keane's had a PL career, while McNair and Blackett have bounced around the Championship and League 1.

Trequarista10

It is when we only have 2 wingers and they both need to be dropped
We need new first team players. The pecking order of Elanga, Diallo, Garnacho would then be largely irrelevant. And the order of preference now would not change anything, given we need new first team players. Doesn't matter who is getting subbed on at 4-0 down, and none of them are ready to start. We should have two or three of Martial, Rashford and Sancho on the bench.

jem

Works hard, and for that alone, should probably be starting, which says it all really.

prateik

He really should be on loan playing every week..

We really dont know how to get the best out of young players anymore.. we keep them around or send them on shit loan deals... kill their careers and let them leave for next to nothing when they are 25..
Doesnt help anyone.

dutchred

will end up as a right wing back. He has shown good defensive qualities

Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool

AFC NimbleThumb

His finish to hit the post was pure Elanga but we can’t stay quiet on the shift he put in first half. Had Trent on toast a few times.

He’s more athlete than footballer but credit for the 45.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, all others will get praised (and rightly so), but aside from the chance he had to bury I thought it was a good half with him causing problems to Trent at will. Martial substitute was bang on, but still a pretty solid performance and he added much needed fight and workrate while he was on the pitch.

Abraxas

Was he injured?

I thought it was a lively half. If it was tactical then that's a masterstroke from the manager because he took off a player that did fine for a change that got Rashford into a goalscoring position and Martial on who was probably our best attacker second half.

Real Name

Hit the post, was constantly dangerous and on their asses, nice assist for the 1st goal. Very, very good game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thought he was very very good tonight.
A constant threat, brilliant defensive contribution too.
Was superb in the build up to the first goal.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Was he injured?

I thought it was a lively half. If it was tactical then that's a masterstroke from the manager because he took off a player that did fine for a change that got Rashford into a goalscoring position and Martial on who was probably our best attacker second half.
I'm pretty sure it was tactical. For the final 15 minutes of the first half we simply couldn't keep the ball, so we bought on Martial who's the only player in our squad who can hold on to the ball and relieve pressure. Worked a treat as well.

Elanga did well and hopefully he can perform like that more often. It's how he was regularly performing when he first broke through, which does seem to be forgotten because of the poor form that he's been in more recently.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
If we're aggressive enough, win the ball further up the pitch he will have ton of space to run into, and more often than not, he will finish those chances.. he's a decent squad player, miles better than Dan James (potential wise) and currently good system player for ETH needs to play as a LF.

Definitely better than Ronaldo. The same way at some point Lingard happen to show more value than not exactly a winger and devoid of any motivation di Maria..

SAFMUTD

Lacks the talent but he has the physicallity to cope with the game and works his socks off. Good game, glad for him.

::sonny::

His athletism is useful can be a reserve, but would be better starting every game in championship

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unlucky to get subbed at half I thought, happy for him. Unlucky with the miss too but he had a big impact.

Holocene

His first touch really lets him down. Workrate and pace are an asset for the team though.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
His first touch really lets him down. Workrate and pace are an asset for the team though.
Yea i noticed this. His touch isnt great and his vision isnt great.

Still though great assist and should have buried that chance that hit the post.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Was he injured?

Definitely tactical. We needed more control up front as our players started to tire.

NoPace

Was he injured?

My guess is that Ten Hag only thought Martial only had 45 minutes in a game of this intensity and figured the 2nd half would provide more opportunities on the break than the first half as Liverpool tire.

NoPace

His athletism is useful can be a reserve, but would be better starting every game in championship
Maybe a Prem loan next year as Garnacho becomes one of the 4 wingers along with Sancho, Rashford and whichever of Antony/Gakpo we sign? And Garnacho maybe gets a loan this year?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I thought he looks quite handy when running with the ball and cutting inside. Was a nice 45 minutes from him

Varane around town

Worked himself into the ground

He's obviously got a ceiling but every squad should be able to make use of a hard working, quick, winger like Elanga.

Bondi77

Offers genuine pace on the flanks and nice assist, unlucky with the chance he had.

khoazany

He’s just turned 20 on June and is the youngest player in the squad not counting Garnacho. There are times for him to work on his weaknesses without being rushed onto games because of our super thin attacking depth.

His pace is a genuine asset. Blizzard when he’s on it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Kid has got hustle but lacks quality. He's quite poor on the ball. A bit of quality and we'd have scored a few more goals in the first half given he did found himself in threatening situations but unfortunately couldn't make anything of them since he kept losing the ball with bad touches.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If we're aggressive enough, win the ball further up the pitch he will have ton of space to run into, and more often than not, he will finish those chances.. he's a decent squad player, miles better than Dan James (potential wise) and currently good system player for ETH needs to play as a LF.

Definitely better than Ronaldo. The same way at some point Lingard happen to show more value than not exactly a winger and devoid of any motivation di Maria..
No, he's simply not. Elanga is mostly just pace right now and nothing much else. James had even more pace.

kundalini

I'm amazed so many people on here have already decided Elanga's future peak level; I've got no idea. I suspect there's a wide range of outcomes depending to some extent on how hard he is prepared to work on his game, as he discovers what works and what doesn't, at PL level.

Disappointed he didn't score his big chance. Did well for his assist for Sancho's goal. Ran at Alexander-Arnold several times, didn't always have the ball under control at the time. Fouled near edge of the box one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.