4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynne

Should be rotated with Ganarcho but had a good game today to be fair. Lots of energy, commitment and pashun.

criticalanalysis

I'm amazed so many people on here have already decided Elanga's future peak level; I've got no idea. I suspect there's a wide range of outcomes depending to some extent on how hard he is prepared to work on his game, as he discovers what works and what doesn't, at PL level.

Disappointed he didn't score his big chance. Did well for his assist for Sancho's goal. Ran at Alexander-Arnold several times, didn't always have the ball under control at the time. Fouled near edge of the box one time.
Obviously it's hard to predict but his base quality (technique, touch, reading of the game etc) is at a low bar and incredibly raw.

For every player that becomes a Gnabry or 'insert better example of raw player that goes on to become something more substantial' there's 1000's of others that just don't make it at the required level for Utd. I think I've said it in this thread or another but he's got to improve massively and get a lot of game time, otherwise he will be shipped out or another player (Anthony? Garnacho etc) will be taking his minutes.

The likelihood of that happening is probably low. I like his enthusiasm and he has pace, which if channeled right can be a fantastic asset to have for the squad but that's a big if. Anyways, we'll know by the end of the year. All the managers seem to like him.

SATA

I thought he was good yesterday and had TAA on the backfoot most of the first half with his runs and created the first goal for Jadon. Not questioning the decision by Ten Hag but why was he hooked off at halftime? Tactical or injury?

Born2Lose

Brings energy and tenaciousness which the team lacks otherwise. Not sure he'll ever be good enough but the way he was written off after the friendlies was a disgrace.

pacifictheme

I thought he was good yesterday and had TAA on the backfoot most of the first half with his runs and created the first goal for Jadon. Not questioning the decision by Ten Hag but why was he hooked off at halftime? Tactical or injury?
Tactical.

I thought it was the right call personally.

youmeletsfly

He was good from an effort perspective. However, his close control is utter shit and his finishing is questionable to say the least.

I've nothing against the kid, but he should be a squad player at best.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Incredibly raw and his touch is terrible but with the right coaching who knows. If he ends up being somewhere in between Ronaldo and David Bellion I’ll be happy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should have scored his chance, but then made up for it with a nice assist.

He had a good half. Unlucky to get subbed but turned out to be the right move eventually.

Drizzle

He was good from an effort perspective. However, his close control is utter shit and his finishing is questionable to say the least.

I've nothing against the kid, but he should be a squad player at best.
Exactly. He was there last night as an aggressive presser and as a pacy out ball for the long passes over the top. He doesn't bring any actual quality if we're honest. If we get Antony and/or Gakpo I'm not sure he'll get that many minutes. Garnacho looks like he has more about him too.

Sylar

Should have scored. Probably the only negative? But a good half, and getting behind Trent was clearly worked on, and had a nice assist too. Nice one two and picked out Sancho instead of just smashing it across the box.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He's got a vital role in this squad, that's for sure. Been written off way too early by some of our fans.

morree

Has decent pace to get past people but his finish is just terrible and needs working on. End of the day if we get the likes of Gapko and Anthony then Elanga won't be more then a squad player which is just fine as he isn't on any big wages and probably not worth selling either as he still has potential to improve.

FujiVice

Absolute perfect squad rotation player. Causes real problems for defenders at times. Shouldnt be starting every week clearly, but we need a big squad with useless options. He fits right in.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
He's decent. I don't like the implication from some he's a Championship level player.

He's no top talent, nor is he a regular starter for me. A place in the squad? Yes, most definitely.

city-puma

It's honestly ridiculous for me he's the one youngster who's getting the most chances out of them all. Nothing against the boy, but he has zero talent and he offers nothing to warrant all these chances.

He'll end up at a relegation fodder team in the next few years.
What’s wrong with you? Ridiculous!

city-puma

Obviously it's hard to predict but his base quality (technique, touch, reading of the game etc) is at a low bar and incredibly raw.

For every player that becomes a Gnabry or 'insert better example of raw player that goes on to become something more substantial' there's 1000's of others that just don't make it at the required level for Utd. I think I've said it in this thread or another but he's got to improve massively and get a lot of game time, otherwise he will be shipped out or another player (Anthony? Garnacho etc) will be taking his minutes.

The likelihood of that happening is probably low. I like his enthusiasm and he has pace, which if channeled right can be a fantastic asset to have for the squad but that's a big if. Anyways, we'll know by the end of the year. All the managers seem to like him.
Garbage.

SoCross

Think it was the right call to sub him. He regressed in the last 20 mins or so. Bringing in Martial to hold the ball up was much needed. But he was excellent in the first 20 - energy, direct running.

The kid is a good squad option. I’m a huge fan but beginning to think he will never progress beyond that with us - will always be a squaddie whom we can very well upgrade on. Right now, he is our first choice sub for the wings, think he ought to be a bit lower in the pecking order. But that’s not his issue - he will play and give his 100% each time.

Sea-Cow

If we're aggressive enough, win the ball further up the pitch he will have ton of space to run into, and more often than not, he will finish those chances.. he's a decent squad player, miles better than Dan James (potential wise) and currently good system player for ETH needs to play as a LF.

Definitely better than Ronaldo. The same way at some point Lingard happen to show more value than not exactly a winger and devoid of any motivation di Maria..
I just don't see this at all. But, maybe you're optimism is the way to go.

dutchred

I still think ETH will convert him to an attacking full back ( like he did with Mazaroui)

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No, he's simply not. Elanga is mostly just pace right now and nothing much else. James had even more pace.
Elanga has had games where he's shown a higher level of technique and skill than James ever did for us. His poor form in the latter part of last season (and start of this season) seems to have made people forget that, but he has shown a higher level of potential. Not sure I'd say 'miles better' though. Even when playing well he's obviously not a particularly skilful player; just better than James. The question is whether he can put it together consistently.

Elanga is also much more powerful and better in the air than James is.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It is sad seeing him on the pitch so much. He's not a premier league level footballer

Jacob

The Elanga experiment is over. If and when Antony signs, he won't make the bench.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
His second half was almost as good as Sancho's first. The problem is when he plays as bad as his first half, when he's pushed away can't really fight the ball despite it seemed like one of his better qualities at start. At least the involvement in the first goal looked promising, but should really be our 4th 5th choice player in the position..

Castia

He shouldn’t be playing should he. Great attitude and work rate but I feel he needs a loan.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was better than Rashford

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Decent work for the goal but he's not up the mark at this level. We get pinned back because we have Players who don't have the technique/ intelligence / physicality to retain possession. He's one of them.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He doesn't have the talent.
Let's try him at RB.
Not sure if he's physically ready to play there, you see him on the ground simulating quite a lot. He's not that kind of player to win many duels unfortunately. Let's keep him until we can bring more quality players in. Hopefully Garnacho can step up and takes his chance...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Erik giving him chances is a sign of no reinforcements.

Not Elanga's fault, he's raw and undeveloped which was expected in a PL match.

Status
Not open for further replies.