Anthony Elanga | signs for Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadrant

The way Forest played last season I think they will suit him. They seemed at their best sitting with a deep midfield screening the defence and would then use pacy runners on the counterattack. That set up suits Elanga, since he has more pace and stamina than he does technical skill and finishing ability. I think he'll carry the ball down the field pretty well, and he'll just have to offload it to Johnson or Gibbs-White to do the hard part at the end.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
These players should be told find a club by the end of the window because they aren’t being registered for the PL

I wouldn’t even have them in the pre season tour it’s time to get ruthless
This. We have to make it clear to them that "fight for your place" isn't an option.

Its all gone Shane Long

So many complaining online that 15 million is too low, who’s negotiating etc etc. 15million is a very good price for a player who is a squad player, not very good, and would barely get game time next season. Was not expecting 20/25 like some.
Get the 15million and run. There a sell on fee I believe also, win win

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good price, I hope we have a sell on % too.

davidmichael

If we can get £30-£35 million from Forest for Elanga and Henderson I’d be happy and to be fair it’s a good move for both of them as they’d play every week with the potential to a move to a bigger club if they performed well.

Dazzmondo

How Everton have fallen. Nottingham Forest now seen as the more attractive option. Hope he does well for Forest

James35

Hopefully that’s all upfront and no add ons. So I’m guessing they can’t afford Henderson now if they buy Elanga, that’s where the loan talk has come from??

Well as long as we have an obligation to buy inserted and they cover all his wages we can probably let him go there on loan if no other interest. Could really do with the money though.

Hopefully Fred to follow soon.

Varane around town

Good bit of business.

Lots of things to admire about his game. However, everyone can see that he's not good enough to be a useful squad player for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good deal for all involved. Elanga will mesh well with Gibbs White and Brennan Johnson and make them pretty fun to watch on the break. 15m is a fair fee.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nice good deal, well done. Hope he does well there, seems like a nice lad

Ted Lasso

Great business for all three - Forrest, United and Elanga himself. Hopefully he can have a standout season the way Pereira has with Fulham.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As per transfermarkt, this will be our 11th best transfer fee received.

eselfor

Good sale here, although I do wonder how this affects selling Henderson.

But getting 35 mil between the two of them is nice.
Trafford, with no PL experience, has just been sold to Burnley for 19m. No way should we accept 20m for Henderson.

saivet

Good deal, as suspected rejecting Everton was due to another option available. He seems like a nice guy, all the best to him at Forest

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sorry if I misunderstood ... what's the link between homegrouwn and FFP?
I may be wrong but if we had bought him for say £30m. A £15m sale basically represents -£15m for us on the books.

But a sale of a homegrown player is pure profit and can be used to boost our budget under FFP.

Last edited:

Sid234

Sorry if I misunderstood ... what's the link between homegrouwn and FFP?
These are my assumptions based on my limited accounting knowledge -
There is no residual cost value for him in our accounts, which would happen for player we bought like Maguire (£80m over a 5yr contract would mean we take a hit of £16m every year and it counts in the ffp calculations for what we can spend on transfers), etc.
So all the money we get from Elanga counts as profit/income and can be fully used towards buying players.

Born2Lose

Glad for him, a really likeable guy.

Probably best for him to move on with Amad and Garnacho looking promising.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Decent deal. Bottom half PL or Championship is looking very likely to be his level, so moving him on to a club in that bracket for a reasonable fee now (and hopefully a sell on clause in case he does go up a level) is much better business than whatever we were doing with Lingard, Pereira, Fosu-Mensah etc in the recent past.

Status
Not open for further replies.