6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

He's basically dribbling himself into the ground. He knows he's gotta do it himself.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
While that was bad he was completely isolated, no wonder he feels like he has to cheat to get anything done.

Shame he didnt score when he went for the far post, it was a lovely spin and a great little drag passed the defender. He has those moments of magic when he drops off and is so good at shielding the ball against defenders.

I hope our new manager gets a proper 442 going so that he has a striker partner to dovetail, he will become even better with another forward close supporting him IMO.

devil in me

He's so much more effective coming from out on that wing. As long as it's a left forward rather than a left winger who is asked to run up and down the line, I think that's his position.

Eddy_JukeZ

The shining light of LVG's tenure.

Our best outfield player at the age of 19. Just incredible.

RedRevongge

He was very good again. Fantastic player but needs others around to support him. Should have got MOTM ahead of Rooney

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Stats

Shots
Shots - 2
On Target - 0
Off Target - 1
Blocked - 1
Big Chance - 0

Passes
Passes - 36/44
% - 81.8
Failed - 8 (6 travelled less than 5 yards, 1 was into the box)
Chances created - 1

Other
Crosses - 1/2
Take ons - 2/11
Ball recoveries - 5
Aerial duels - 1/2
Tackles - 1/1
Interceptions - 0
Clearances - 1/1

Devil may care

He was our best outlet and had Ivanovic on toast, so LvG moved him to the right and brought Memphis on........

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I reckon he'd love to play with somebody like Kagawa.

RedStarUnited

Actually think he's better on the left-wing. Tore Ivanovic apart, just imagine we had a similar outlet on the right wing and a proper striker.

Commentator is over excited there. TC knew nothing of that save, the ball hit him rather than him making a save.

Sam

He's absolutely mint, but he wont be here for long if he keeps us these performances and we continue to stagnate.

Barca/Madrid/Bayern et el will be all over him within a season or two.

Future BPITW material.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Gameplan should have been to isolate Ivanovic and have Martial run at him all game.

Shimo

Embarassing.
Not condoning it but, it's also crazy how many non-calls he is getting right now that can see him maybe look for it at times. Poor guy ends up on the ground looking frustrated so often and it doesn't seem like our management is doing anything to get protection from the refs. I know there are players that have the mentality to just pick themselves and keep going even after getting repeatedly targeted and Martial might turn out to be that way but, still would like to get both the management and our senior players starting to look after him better on the field.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not condoning it but, it's also crazy how many non-calls he is getting right now that can see him maybe look for it at times. Poor guy ends up on the ground looking frustrated so often and it doesn't seem like our management is doing anything to get protection from the refs. I know there are players that have the mentality to just pick themselves and keep going even after getting repeatedly targeted and Martial might turn out to be that way but, still would like to get both the management and our senior players starting to look after him better on the field.
You can see how much more frustrated he seems to be on the pitch in comparison to when he arrived. Bad results and bad football have affected him a lot. Just hoping he won't dive anymore so that when he gets genuinely fouled, referees won't think he's cheating.

Natener

I didn't think the move to switch Memphis in for him on the left was that bad a decision. He was having a harder time as the 2nd half went and Zouma was dropping back to help Ivanovic more. Sending him over to the right was the bad call. Would have kept him central, force Chelsea to get tighter in the center with both Martial and Rooney in there. Gives more space for Memphis to work with, plus I wonder if Martial would have done better at the end of that Borthwick cross.

LS17

Definitely better coming in off the left than playing up top at the minute imo.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Definitely better coming in off the left than playing up top at the minute imo.
It feels like in recent times on the wing he has been playing really deep, at points I couldn't even see him on the TV when the camera was focused on the opposition third, he was more like a left midfielder in nowhere land. Whereas last game and some games earlier in the season he seemed to play much more like a left forward, was lovely to see him going at the opponents. Hard to believe he's only 20 :drool:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
1 in 3 is a decent return from him in his debut season so far, especially when you consider the restrictions on our attacking play and the lack of service. Aged 19/20 and in a new league, I think he's done ok. Playing on the wing hasn't helped either, but this guy is going to thrive once we work out how to attack without leaving gaping holes.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He must have been shocked to see the technique of the superstars we have like Rooney. Probably seen much better at Monaco and in the Lyon youth academy.

Basically he is our best and most likely player to force a breakthrough. He wasn't expecting this shit when he joined United.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
1 in 3 is a decent return from him in his debut season so far, especially when you consider the restrictions on our attacking play and the lack of service. Aged 19/20 and in a new league, I think he's done ok. Playing on the wing hasn't helped either, but this guy is going to thrive once we work out how to attack without leaving gaping holes.
"He's done ok" is an understatement, the kid has been head and shoulders above the rest of the squad. He made Coleman and Ricardo Rodriguez look like average fullbacks.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
"He's done ok" is an understatement, the kid has been head and shoulders above the rest of the squad. He made Coleman and Ricardo Rodriguez look like average fullbacks.
Pretty much. I meant more in terms of goal output, but it's clear to see that even at 20 he's a cut above the rest of our attackers.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
One issue I have with him playing out wide is that he has the propensity to stand still, seeking to receive the ball from deep and dribble forwards. Thats nice, and can sometimes work because his dribbling ability is fantastic, but he should look to make inside runs more with his pace. Sort of like how Walcott would do playing out on the right.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
His best position is on the left at the moment in my opinion. We need to keep him there for a run of games and get some consistency in attack. Changing positions every game is not helping him or the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.