Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Anthony martial will become twice the player having games on his weakest side.

If he becomes as capable on the right as he is on the left; we will have a central striker who can rotate around 2 wingers who cut inside.

Playing an aging wayne rooney on the right does nothing for martial's long term ability; neither for wayne rooney's short term abilities.

stevoc

Do you think Rooney will suddenly roll back the years and start banging them away and leading the line because he's got Mata behind him? My opinion is that he won't, so it won't matter who's behind him.
Maybe not but we won't actually know if it would work until we actually you know try it out for a few games in a row.

I doubt we have set up that way for more than 2-4 games this season. And certainly not 2 in a row.

Van Gaal will always play Rooney when fit thats a fact we can't get around, in his current form he is less of a hindrance to the team up front than he is in behind where all our play runs through him.

Dante

Average bang
what's this based on exactly? Cant remember the last time he was out wide whipping a pearler in
He's not allowed to drift out wide under van Gaal. His crossfield passing technique certainly hasn't abandoned him, though. They're essentially the same methods of striking the ball.

clarkydaz

He's not allowed to drift out wide under van Gaal. His crossfield passing technique certainly hasn't abandoned him, though. They're essentially the same methods of striking the ball.
his 60 yard golf shots to the right wing are nothing like a cross into the box

Red Stone

Am I imagining things or is Rojo the best crosser we have? He hits them with purpose and precision more often than not. Blind is also good at picking out a man from out wide.

Manny

Grammar Police
Am I imagining things or is Rojo the best crosser we have? He hits them with purpose and precision more often than not. Blind is also good at picking out a man from out wide.
Rojo does seem like a good crosser of the ball but I'm not sure we've seen enough of him consistently at LB to really assess.

Shaw is probably the best but he's obviously out.

ZDwyr

This is Mourinho we're talking about. Mata will be as good as gone too
Well Mata going might no be the worst thing. Martial is our best attacking player though. I can't see Mourinho dropping him.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Rojo does seem like a good crosser of the ball but I'm not sure we've seen enough of him consistently at LB to really assess.

Shaw is probably the best but he's obviously out.
Really? Don't think Shaw's shown consistently excellent delivery from wider areas. I've always felt he whips it low or cuts back a lot more often/better than he floats them.

Dion

Shaw's crossing is seriously suspect. Blind is the best of the lot.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
The only reason we cross the ball is because fellaini is playing. There is not a single player otherwise that crossing is worth while for.

The reason young doesnt start out wide is because that's not the football we play. We dont have that predatory striker who heads in crosses so why people are talking about crossing is beyond me. Its not like you see neymar crossing the ball for a messi diving header every game.

You are starting to see attackers on the floor; a type of play much more constant than closing your eyes and crossing. This bad period is a growth period & players like martial will have to learn and play on their weakspots (RW) to dominate.

Rooney is no long term thing here; a mere stop gap until the right individual joins the right position.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Click on a thread about football player. Get prattle avout curry recipes. Wtf is this shit :lol:

RedRevongge

I would suggest Young is the best crosser we have in the squad.

In my opinion we should be looking to play Young on either the right or left, drop Rooney and play Martial up top with either Mata or Herrera in behind

marukomu

The Gatekeeper

In my opinion we should be looking to play Young on either the right or left, drop Rooney and play Martial up top with either Mata or Herrera in behind
He put in a couple the other day that Hernandez would have lapped up, but there was nobody there.

RedRevongge

He put in a couple the other day that Hernandez would have lapped up, but there was nobody there.
We don't really have anyone with that predatory instinct like Hernandez, RVN or OGS were like in the past. Martial is a great prospect but isn't the same kind of striker at all and Rooney just seems disinterested unfortunately

Acquire Me

Young never seem to find anyone with his crosses. LvG should never have let Januzaj go out on loan. I think he is a much better crosser and has goals in him.

NinjaFletch

Pfft that could be true for Young literally every game he plays. He has a complete inability to find a man when crossing the ball. He might have nice shape on it, but he's a dreadful crosser.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

He is awful crosser from the left, IMO. I can't remember few goals we scored after his cross. He has good cross from the right but he hardly plays there.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
He is awful crosser from the left, IMO. I can't remember few goals we scored after his cross. He has good cross from the right but he hardly plays there.
he really is awful but what is frustrating, every one of us knows where his cross is going to go, every defender knows but only our players dont have a clue where the ball is going.....

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
he really is awful but what is frustrating, every one of us knows where his cross is going to go, every defender knows but only our players dont have a clue where the ball is going.....
Back post. :D

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Still the only player willing to take his man on and succeeds more than the likes of Memphis and Mata.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Depressing how much experienced forward players around him could have helped him today.

criticalanalysis

He's let his head drop. Big fan of his even when he's played below par but today he was just plain bad and too selfish/naive/lazy call it whatever it you want.

Constantly dribbled into troubled (which before he would get somewhere with but the majority of the time today just got sniffed out), lost 'chances' to take a shot/put a ball in earlier by being far too slow decision making wise and worst of all today put in lazy crosses as a last resort that never cleared the first defender simply because it was the easier way to get rid of the ball.

I'm only harsh but he's the only thing I believe in at Utd atm but I know he's young and deserves more patience.

Devil may care

Ran into dead ends much too often but made himself a chance in the 2nd half, marginally less crap than the rest.

Chicharito_

Really needs to improve his off the ball movement - he always seems to get the ball in a stationary position and then he will just get doubled up on. He made 1 good run inside when Johnson was ball watching - why doesn't he do that more often!!

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Young never seem to find anyone with his crosses. LvG should never have let Januzaj go out on loan. I think he is a much better crosser and has goals in him.
AJ is a million miles of the standard united need just now as is Wilson. What we need is 3-4 full internationals coming in to the starting 11 around the age of 23-28!

Status
Not open for further replies.