g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

Love his positivity. Obviously he can lose the ball cheaply at times but he is so exciting. Great finish and assist. Great buy.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Once he cuts out losing the ball easily he will be frightening. He's ridiculously good for a 20yo.

NK86

Better than Henry and Ronaldo at the same age. Quite a player. My only concern is we are playing him all the time at 20 because no one else is on his level. Possibly the only good of getting knocked out of the champions league is that he won't have to play so much
If we are keen on winning the EL, he might have to play more than if we would have been in the CL.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
I thought he was overrunning some of his dribbles in the first half and his touch was off but then he scores the equaliser and sets up the winner. What a talent we have here, fantastic player.
He can be a little inconsistent but you can see the sublime quality in his play and composure. He had one touch in the match where he just cushioned the pass and calmly turned with it all in the same motion to move toward the goal. Once it all comes together with some better players around him to open up space he will be absolutely lethal. I don't have any complaints about him at all, even his personality and temperment seem to be top quality.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He can be a little inconsistent but you can see the sublime quality in his play and composure. He had one touch in the match where he just cushioned the pass and calmly turned with it all in the same motion to move toward the goal. Once it all comes together with some better players around him to open up space he will be absolutely lethal. I don't have any complaints about him at all, even his personality and temperment seem to be top quality.
Noticed that when he joined us. Young, hungry but mature at the same time.

Spock

He makes it look so easy. Of course he's very pacy, but he looks like he's only running at 75%.

Incredible that he was our last buy this summer, almost an afterthought.

Acole9

Outstanding
Imagine how good he could be with quality service around him. He has to do a lot of it on his own out there at the moment.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Having Shaw back will unleash our left wing. At the minute, Blind, Rojo and Darmian are not quick or attacking enough to provide that much of a threat to take the extra man off the winger.

When we get Shaw back, I think it will give Depay and Martial more space to do their stuff, which could be huge.
Losing Shaw was one of the worst things that could've happened us this year. I'm still not over it.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
We really need to get a good quality left winger in the summer and push this guy up top. He's a once in a generation talent that will score bucket load with proper players around him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We need to get our act together or we will lose him really fast.
We've got him til 2020 so I'm not too worried.

Were people saying the same about Ronaldo and Rooney in 04-06?

rpitchfo

Glad to say I got this one wrong...thought we had gambled too much on a future potential star when he's already the best option we have to win a game.

littlepeasoup

Noticed that when he joined us. Young, hungry but mature at the same time.
He has a young family which is sure to ground him, as opposed to other talents his age who go a bit mental with their money/status. Not heard how his English is progressing; don't think he spoke much when he joined.

RedStarUnited

As a big fan of those 1-2s Messi loves doing (Neymar too now). It was lovely to see Martial try connect with the other players.

He is probably the only player in the team that plays with such purpose. Lingard too actually, lingard just isnt as talented.

Skills

Snitch
Him and Shaw down the left could be frighteningly good. Shaw's a tank and is going to open all kinds of space up for him, like he was for Memphis. Martial is far more mature as well so he will link up and make good use of Shaw.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As a big fan of those 1-2s Messi loves doing (Neymar too now). It was lovely to see Martial try connect with the other players.

He is probably the only player in the team that plays with such purpose. Lingard too actually, lingard just isnt as talented.
Those two are the only players in the club that run at players. I'm not even having a go at the other players cause it isn't their game. We simply haven't bought enough attackers in the last two years.

sugar_kane

Although we lost Di Maria we got an upgrade, a younger & cheaper upgrade, as far as I'm concerned.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He makes it look so easy. Of course he's very pacy, but he looks like he's only running at 75%.

Incredible that he was our last buy this summer, almost an afterthought.
We'd been scouting him a while, just that Monaco getting knocked out the CL increased the chances of a move from 0 to feasible... and even then parts of the Monaco board were pissed off that he was sold.

sugar_kane

Skills

Snitch
No. We paid £59.75m for Di Maria. Maximum we pay for Martial is £58m
Fair enough. Pretty sure its also massively due to the Euro collapsing like a motherfecker in between those two years. I'd know, because I lost a chunk of my deposit when living abroad for the year.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
I'd actually like to see him behind a more focal point of a striker.

He has this unique ability to start attacks with the ball. It's hard to explain but he can turn - dribble - pass upon recieving the ball (a very small bit like kaka) and he does so with urgency.

Dante

Average bang
The fee's £36m at the moment.

+£7m if he scores 25 goals in his first four seasons here (he probably will)
+£7m if he gets 25 French caps during his first four seasons here (he probably will)
+£7m if he wins the Ballon d'Or in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019 (he probably won't seeing as he'll still only be 23 and has a long way to go to surpass Neymar or Messi in the next 3 years)

I expect £50m will be his final price. Not really that bad considering it's roughly what City will pay for Sterling. They currently have the same goals/assists for the season, fwiw.

Looking at their respective lifestyles and attitudes, I reckon that £50m will give us a player who's going to stay at the top of world football for longer than Sterling will manage. That's just a feeling, though.

criticalanalysis

Looking at their respective lifestyles and attitudes, I reckon that £50m will give us a player who's going to stay at the top of world football for longer than Sterling will manage. That's just a feeling, though.
Although it's a different kind of attitude you've got to give it to Sterling for what has happened. At 19 he forced that move to City, had to deal with all the other external things (media pressure, pundits blasting him, being the next great English hope) last year yet whilst still performing at a good level.

Player ability and attributes wise? That's debateable but I think Sterling carries that same determination and professionalism on the field. I.e I don't think he's that type, who will get out of shape and suffer a mental loss of form so to speak. The worry for him will be mostly the same for Martial imo. Over playing, too much pressure and risk of injury because their playing style (and accumulative wear and tear).

Bebe

Feck the fee, all I care about is that he's outrageously talented. Pace, dribbling at pace (doesn't get talked about enough), finishing, strength, hold up play...the guy has everything you want in a striker. Can't wait to see what he'll be in a few years time.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Feck the fee, all I care about is that he's outrageously talented. Pace, dribbling at pace (doesn't get talked about enough), finishing, strength, hold up play...the guy has everything you want in a striker. Can't wait to see what he'll be in a few years time.
I think having him in front of the defence be thay a false 9 or a CAM/CF will allow him to utilise his drive & skills. Playing off a predatory striker could be wonderful.

ZDwyr

Just been watching some highlights of him. Fast becoming one of my favourite players :drool:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think having him in front of the defence be thay a false 9 or a CAM/CF will allow him to utilise his drive & skills. Playing off a predatory striker could be wonderful.
The more I think about it the more id love to see him paired up with someone like Lukaku. Pace and Power together could be something to behold

presumably Lukaku can speak French so they could communicate well

Status
Not open for further replies.