Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
i mean you can blame LVG but hes our best player of course hes going to play, injuries happen at all ages lets just put up with it.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Dutch commentator saying Martial has been taken out because of precaution because of Arsenal game coming up?!

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

Van Gaal on Martial: "It's a tight hamstring. He was very wise to step out, it's not a rupture - I don't think it's too heavy."
Yep seems in line to what the commentator on my chAnnel said, a precaution because arsenal is coming up.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
From the official site on Martial:

"It should be his first muscle injury [since arriving at the club]," he told BT Sport. "But he is smart and wise to step out. It is not a rupture or anything like that. A tight hamstring. I don't think it is very heavy."

The manager elaborated further at his press conference: "Anthony can be tired. He's only 20 and he's played all the matches so it's not so remarkable. He stepped down himself and that I like very much.

"I have already explained to you the only muscle injury we have is Marouane Fellaini. That we know already when he played so many matches in a row. It's always like that when you don't have other players and it's difficult to change or rotate. So the next muscle injury would be [expected to be] Martial but I don't think he has a muscle injury. He is very intelligent - he steps down when his hamstring is tight.

"You have to cope with that, it's difficult also for the team because, after David De Gea, now Martial, and Martial and De Gea have played very good seasons, I think, and they have to be replaced."

Nonetheless, everybody will be eagerly waiting to see if Martial will be available for Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash with Arsenal at Old Trafford.
-----

Wouldn't be surprised to see him start sunday. He seems desperate, repeating that it's not a muscle injury several times.

Trizy

At least the kid is smart to put his fitness over a game. He'll start Sunday.

Swaters16

I'd say it's a very good quality to have, to know when you can't play. Smart decision although if he had pulled out and then we lost I think everyone would be a little bit pissed off

Brightonian

Smart decision although if he had pulled out and then we lost I think everyone would be a little bit pissed off
Not really. It's not like he threw a hissy and insisted on being left out. He told the physio what he was feeling and they decided not to play him. He looked respectably annoyed about it. We don't want players lying about their fitness to the management. As you say, he did the smart thing.

Perrick Dubois

I'd say it's a very good quality to have, to know when you can't play. Smart decision although if he had pulled out and then we lost I think everyone would be a little bit pissed off
But one must come to the conclusion that surely if we had some players in the squad to play we'd have said "don't worry about your hammy Tony, sit this one and have a rest lad" and not the other bloody way around, christ on a bike.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Should we expect him back for Sunday? Or would a 'tight hamstring' take longer?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
For those that missed Louis' brief update...

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Hope he isn't shafted to the right in favor of Memphis or Rashford. He is the biggest talent among them and needs to be developed and made use of in the best possible way.

Bwuk

Hope he isn't shafted to the right in favor of Memphis or Rashford. He is the biggest talent among them and needs to be developed and made use of in the best possible way.
If Rashford doesn't score next game he'll be the one of the bench. Martial will go back upfront.

It'll be more interesting to see what happens when Rooneh is fit.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If Rashford doesn't score next game he'll be the one of the bench. Martial will go back upfront.

It'll be more interesting to see what happens when Rooneh is fit

Not a problem as finally we'll have a potentially game changing forward on the bench. We have struggled this year for attacking options in the last third of the game. Am delighted if Rashford can excel in that role for now.

Man Utd 1:0 Watford

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Baffling to see our best and most talented player shunted to the right (where he has been shite every time) with 2-match heroes occupying his most effective two positions.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think he is any better than Lingard on the right. Seriously don't understand why we play him on the right from time to time, he is our best attacking player both on the left and as a striker but he is always pointless on the right.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
There are a few who advocated for Rashford and Memphis in his positions and Martial to the right.

Tells you alot about redcafe.
Our best player over the last 6 months gets shunted to the right for the best players over the last 180 minutes. Its fecking stupid.

Plus Rashford offers very little build up. And Memphis kinda sucks today.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Put him in the middle and he does something, and a goal comes from it. WHo knew.

ottosec

He was shit tonight, but still won the winning freekick with a great run.

R'hllor

Just dont understand why he cant do at least basic things on the right like he does on the left. There was a 2nd ball of him dropping to Ander and you could see miles away that Ander gonna pass into space,he just stood there...

kundalini

Terrible header from Herrera's cross early on and didn't improve much until that nice piece of skill and run late on that resulted in the free-kick from which Mata scored.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was rubbish truth be said. Move someone else around. He's our best player. Play him in his favoured position.

Shimo

Play him up top. Knew from the beginning that RW was a bad choice for him. Even though he had a game to forget, did win us the freekick from which we scored - so all good :)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I think he's capable of better performances on the right, but the fact he just returned from an injury and Watford's physicality didn't allow him to show more on the wing.

He was better centrally (which can be expected), but still didn't really get enough chances to make a mark in the game (maybe apart from that poor header in the first half). Did very well to win us that free kick, though. His close control is something else.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Completely invisible on the right, instantly improved up front. Should never play on the right wing, he doesn't seem to know what to do as he's pretty one footed and so becomes predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.