6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Was ridiculous we didnt shift Memphis and Martial in the first half when it wasnt working out for either. Expecting it to just... work was strange philosophy.

He should never ever play on the right again.

Brightonian

So this rules out playing him on the right, which at least reduces the dilemma to two positions. Both he and Rashford looked infinitely better once they'd swapped. Worth noting that if he hadn't been fouled (winning the free kick which Mata scored) he was clean through, and would most likely have scored. It was his most incisive bit of play in the match, so it's a shame he didn't get to finish it off himself.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He hates it on the right. He had a right strop with our coach at Sunderland away because they told him to swap to the right. He doesn't look interested when asked to play out there.
Definitely seemed pissed off and uninterested all game. Just can't seem to do it out there. No reason to play him there anyway, on the left or up top, he shouldn't be pushed to the right for lesser players.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Definitely seemed pissed off and uninterested all game. Just can't seem to do it out there. No reason to play him there anyway, on the left or up top, he shouldn't be pushed to the right for lesser players.
Its not that. When Rashford was in form, its not right to move him or bench him. I think Martial should have come off the bench tonight given he was doing from injury and we have tough away games coming up.

m1y2

Memphis and Rasher were in form so it wasnt the worst of decisions to shoehorn him into the lineup from the right but he was just ineffective today, nextime maybe rashford from the right and martial up front or depay from the right, rashford up front and martial from the left...

His dribble through the middle was amazing though, he just has the ball glued to his feet, recalled that "football on cord" I always wanted, offered every morning on teleshopping..

LouisDanGaal

Lets just call a spade a spade, he was bad. playing some weird tactic of all de geas kicks going towards him but he was winning nothing. His touch was off and his dribbling was poor for the most part aside from earning the free kick. If he was on the left or up top it would have been the same, sometimes players just have shit games and this was one for martial today. Didn't get a chance to play himself into the game because the ball spent an absurd amount of time with our defenders and not enough with out attackers tonight.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't play on the right, but you can understand why LvG put him there, just didn't work. Let's not forget he just got back from an injury, we don't know how much he has been training for.

In Rainbows

He can do better. The match was a great learning experience for him. You got to see instances of his tackling ability. He's going to be a beast in a few years.

edit: I was wondering where my TFM comment went. My mistake. I had 2 tabs open at the time and mistakenly commented in Martial's thread.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's just a poor player on the right ATM. Every time he plays there he seems confused as to what to do and all his natural instincts disappear. I don't think we should play him there till he shows some signs of comfort on that side (if he does at all).

Having said that, lovely play to win the freekick that we scored from.

Oldham

I thought it was a dive to be honest...
Very good dive as he was losing the ball.

Last edited:

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
I just don't see his best position as a striker leading the line.

If there was a striker holding the two central defenders then martial could dribble in to the space he chooses much like Kaka used to do behind Crespo at Milan.

Him leading the line means it takes something really special to get past players & even though we have seen that alot of times, relying on that means his influence is felt less.

Not much we can do in the near future tbh. He leads the line better than mata does playing on the right. Eventually though..

XdanielredX

Didn't have his best game but not every player plays at their best every single game.

Even not at his best still drove forward and took players on and beat 3 players to win the free kick to get the winner so... not a bad day at the office by far.

sugar_kane

It seems to me his best position by far is left wing, although I think he will evolve into a centre forward over time. At the moment he seems wasted in the middle.

He especially seems like half the player on the right, however I think part of this is fatigue. He looks like he could do with a bit of a break. Give Pereira/Januzaj a chance if we need to rest Lingard.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It seems to me his best position by far is left wing, although I think he will evolve into a centre forward over time. At the moment he seems wasted in the middle.
Would be a treat if Memphis and Martial build enough of an understanding to frequently interchange positions during the game. Both seem comfortable as an LW & CF, actually really rate Memphis's holdup ability.

m1y2

some very good pieces of play before the freekick, Varela playing it constructively - Darmian would most certainly clear the ball, nic steal from Rashford afterwards and fantastic dribble from Anthony..

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
So this rules out playing him on the right, which at least reduces the dilemma to two positions. Both he and Rashford looked infinitely better once they'd swapped. Worth noting that if he hadn't been fouled (winning the free kick which Mata scored) he was clean through, and would most likely have scored. It was his most incisive bit of play in the match, so it's a shame he didn't get to finish it off himself.
Looking at he replay he didn't intend to go past the final tackle.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Did not know it was a dive. Is this the freekick for the goal?
Seems to be me that it was both a dive and a foul. The defender went to ground and impeded play without getting the ball, but Martial wasn't touched and took a tumble.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Exceeded all expectations for me very glad to have him here. Hopefully Depay and Rashford come good and if we buy another forward of real class we should have an exciting front line.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Exceeded all expectations for me very glad to have him here. Hopefully Depay and Rashford come good and if we buy another forward of real class we should have an exciting front line.
Agreed. Add Lukaku and we're very well placed for years to come with a great blend of speed, power and skill. Goals from every department with that lot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Cant do much when Rojo and Blind do nothing but hoof it to West Brom's center backs

Asger

Has been useless after the injury... Why did he came back in the team when the team was finally doing well? Same with Darmian.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fairly ineffectual for a while now, mostly because he has to run it 40yards or magic something out of nothing.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Has been useless after the injury... Why did he came back in the team when the team was finally doing well? Same with Darmian.
He was our best player in the second half by a fecking mile. What the feck was he supposed to do with the abysmal hoofballs from that waste of space Blind?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Utter nonsense. He was the only one controlling the ball with three men up his arse and holding it up. There were two sequences when he kept their entire backline busy by himself with a 100 mph no-hoper hoofed up in his general direction. Won us a few freekicks with good dribbling and alot of neat little touches as well to keep possession, but nothing apart from a sideways pass available to him so what can he do?

Wtf have you been watching? Some people need to take up another hobby.

Chicharito_

Had 0 interest in the game today.

I have said it before in this thread but he really needs to discover some hunger and needs to adjust his attitude if he wants to be one of the best in the world - would like to see him with a win at all cost attitude, the guys that just cant take losing like Ronaldo/Suarez - that drive is what is lacking in his game and in my opinion is holding him back. Martial must be so easy to defend against at time as if the balls not near him he doesn't care, players like Kane/Vardy would run everything down win throw ins high up the pitch and not let a team play out so easily against us and when down to 10 men that's exactly what we needed not a disinterested walk around and not give a feck performance.

Devil may care

Ran the ball well with no support most of the time, but he needs to move more after he parts with it, he's not taking up good enough positions in the next phase right now.

Zoo

If he zero interest he wouldn't be tracking back with Craig Dawson or trying to make something happen in the final third with two sometimes three people on top of him.

MarkC

Looked the only one out there likely to make anything happen. He must be wondering what the feck he has done coming here when the players around him are incapable of playing on his wavelength.

Would be hugely suited to playing in the Barca team.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not sure why he's getting criticized. He looked a cut above everyone else on the field. Not easy when Rojo barely supports him with an overlap and with Blind just hoofing it to him with 2 defenders on his back. He was the only player who probed for us in the 2nd half. Had no support from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.