Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
His performances on the left to me is showing why he should eventually be playing as an AM.

Him leading the line leaves him having to move around all over the place to get in to space.

Playing in the centre away from the busy CB's ( holding on to our central striker) would leave martial to pick and choose spaces to dribble on to. The same way mata play playoff 3 attackers trying to pick a pass; martial should be there picking empty spaces playing balls in to and off our forwards.

Replacing Passing players like Carrick & even Mata are the least needed considering the whole squad can pass for 60% of the time. We need to line up much more vertical and with intent.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Anyone see him as an AM/CF similar to how tevez used to play for us?

I think him leading the line is not using him to the best of his abilities. I love how precise his dribbling is and he could consistently be in a position to dribble in to open spaces.

Mike09

Anyone see him as an AM/CF similar to how tevez used to play for us?

I think him leading the line is not using him to the best of his abilities. I love how precise his dribbling is and he could consistently be in a position to dribble in to open spaces.
If the manager is willing to use 442 or 4411 formation he could also be suitable as a second striker role to support the number 9 in my opinion.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His passing isn't good enough to play a deeper role through the centre, and he's fairly one-footed. Out wide is the best place to utilise his pace and insanely tight close control. The only issue is keeping him involved in the match long enough to do damage, he can fizzle out a lot at the minute because we aren't getting the ball to him quick enough in advanced positions, or he just stands still too often waiting for the ball to come to him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
His future is probably as a central striker, but I see no reason why we can't keep him out on the left, cutting in, for the time being. It's where he's done his best work so far this season. For me, we should be buying a striker this summer that would work well with him.

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He made Clyne shit himself, absolutely owning him. Haven't seen defender being so scared against us for a long time.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's terrific. Looks dangerous every time he's on the ball, got lots of little moments of skill and trickery, and consistently offers us more in attack than any other player.

Truedevil

He deserves so much better than our shit team, just hire Mou already and let him build a winning team around this guy.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thought he played well. We don't get him enough of the ball, but he looked consistently threatening whenever he was on it. The only attacker in our team who offered anything substantial.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Excited to see what he can do when we've got other dangerous attackers and defenders can't triple team him every time.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He and De Gea were the only ones worthy the shirt tonight.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
This is officially his most prolific season now. 12 goals for us + 1 for Monaco in August.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Honestly, give me one reason why he'd stay?
4 years left on a big contract, at a club where he can earn ever increasingly astronomical amounts over his career and at a club where the current manager will soon be leaving and a new manager with a huge budget will take over.

The_Midfielder

he is double tripled marked... Opponents know that he is the only one that needs to be marked out of the game..
Rashford--Martial --<RW> could be a front three that could cause havoc.. How we wished Memphis was that player..

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
4 years left on a big contract, at a club where he can earn ever increasingly astronomical amounts over his career and at a club where the current manager will soon be leaving and a new manager with a huge budget will take over.
If, say, one of the top teams comes knocking (Barcelona, Bayern, Real etc.), none of those reasons can stop him from leaving. (Obviously, IF he wants to leave)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't get why we don't, you know, pass him the ball about 90% of the time. It's all van Gaal's Dutch side did with Robben and it worked pretty well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If, say, one of the top teams comes knocking (Barcelona, Bayern, Real etc.), none of those reasons can stop him from leaving. (Obviously, IF he wants to leave)
You don't think we'd be able to tell a club like that to do one?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You don't think we'd be able to tell a club like that to do one?
Of course. However, what if Martial insisted on leaving this dumb?

Anyway, no point in arguing over this, we'll only go around in circles. I, for one, hope he isn't even considering it. He's a joy to watch.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
He seems like a smart kid. As talented as he is he'll know he has no chance of getting into Barca's team regularly, probably the same with Real depending on who they bring in.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
If Benzema doesn't get called up he might get his chance and set euro 2016 alight. The only success he'll be tasting for a while.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He was really good tonight, very lively. He just needs better players around him, imagine if we had Shaw and Di Maria linking up with him down the left... That could have been a reality with a bit of luck...

One thing he does have to work on - striking the ball with power. He seems to have almost mastered the placed curling shot but I'm struggling to recall a sweetly struck shot where has put his through and got it on target. Not bringing this up because he had a few wayward attempts tonight but just an observation from the season so far.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
His best game tonight, really stepped up to the occasion just not quite at the level to do it all on his own 'yet'

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He will be in the squad regardless of whether Benzema gets called up or not.
I was hoping to see him start. Maybe he will anyway, since he's started on the left for them the last few friendlies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I thought he had Clyne in his pocket for the entire game tonight. He's an incredible talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.