Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's so good I'm already worried about losing him if we don't sort our shit out.

With Martial, DDG, Smalling and Shaw we've got four excellent players and we also have promising young players coming through. It's a good foundation for a manager to come in and build upon, but we really need to sort the manager situation this summer to start doing that.

Losing Martial before he has the chance to perform in a top team would be heartbreaking.
He just said he wants to be here for many years.

Ji_Maria

Really excited to many many years of a brilliant Martial and Rashford partnership. If either of Memphis/Lingard/Januzaj/Pereira come good, that will be icing on the cake.

We just need a pacey right/left back and our attack will terrorize opposition defences on the counter.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Is he a Mourinho type player ? :nervous:
Could be reminiscent to Eto'o in his Inter team. Cuts inside and is quick, powerful and pretty lethal. There were actually some rumours early on in the window that Chelsea were in for Martial.

Jose's had some truly fantastic wingers in Cristiano, Hazard, Robben, Duff, Willian, Di Maria etc. they've been so important to his counter-attacking concept and I don't see any reason why Martial couldn't be. His willingness to track is pretty fantastic too.

Last edited:

Adisa

Imagine Mourinho comes and doesn't fancy him. We would sack him on the spot.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Chelsea went in big for Martial is the rumour.

Drifter

American
Deschamps looking for improvement from Martial

France national team manager Didier Deschamps is seeking “improvement” from Manchester United striker Anthony Martial.

The France frontman, 20, became the world’s most expensive teenager last summer when United paid Monaco £36million for the former Lyon star.

Martial, who has been capped six times by Les Bleus, is in line to face the Netherlands and Russia in friendlies this week and Deschamps believes the frontman has justified his hefty price tag.

“Anthony is young but he has confirmed his potential in Manchester despite the weight of the price of his transfer,” said Deschamps.

“He has progressed, he plays a lot. He is young and he is not tired.

“He is doing very interesting things with speed and impact. Usually he plays on the left but he can play as centre-forward too.

“It’s good, he continues to progress, he comes regularly for the French national team [but] he has a lot of room for improvement.”

Martial, who recently hinted he prefers to play out wide, has scored 12 goals in 39 appearances for United and was a one of United’s better performers in Sunday’s 1-0 derby win over Man City.

United boss Louis van Gaal last month admitted Martial’s form for United had exceeded his own expectations after he scored in the 3-0 win over Stoke.

“He was 19 (when he signed) and now he is 20 so that is surprising when you come from the French league to the Premier League and you can do this,” said the Dutch boss.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is he a Mourinho type player ? :nervous:
Mourinho wanted to sign him last summer apparently. Anyway, he suits him perfectly. Mourinho has used loads of young players in his career. What he hasn't done is developed them through the youth team, but in terms of signing young players for the first team and using them as key players, he's never shied away from doing that. They just have to be good enough to make an impact already.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That assist was exactly what Memphis was missing from his game tonight. Great awareness.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He got two assists. ;)

Neither of them had particularly great games tonight though.
Yup, both set pieces. Nothing to do with awareness when he had the ball. He made plenty of bad decisions in possession.

I thought Martial did ok, he had this assist and another good run and shot deflected wide. But nowhere close to Payet or Matuidi.

Blind was probably the best United player on the pitch, and he was part of a defence that conceded 3 :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yup, both set pieces. Nothing to do with awareness when he had the ball. He made plenty of bad decisions in possession.

I thought Martial did ok, he had this assist and another good run and shot deflected wide. But nowhere close to Payet or Matuidi.

Blind was probably the best United player on the pitch, and he was part of a defence that conceded 3 :lol:
I know I just fancied being argumentative :)

Agreed he didn't really do a lot wrong.

Adisa

He's a class player. Had an average game but still created 4 or 5 openings in 45 mins.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Didn't watch the game, but saw France's third goal. Blind's specialty of faffing about with the ball only to play a garbage, doomed hoofball was on show once again. It really pisses me off, because he's doing it all the time for us as well.

As for Martial - great assist from the lad. Special talent. You just get the feeling he's destined for the top.

Trizy

Anything happen him tonight? Just checked my sports App and said he was subbed off at 46 minutes, which unless it's a mistake and they meant subbed off as the second half was about to kick off, it would mean he was injured?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anything happen him tonight? Just checked my sports App and said he was subbed off at 46 minutes, which unless it's a mistake and they meant subbed off as the second half was about to kick off, it would mean he was injured?
It'll mean he didn't come out for second half.

Sites like soccerway have 46' for when a player is replaced at HT.

Adisa

We probably gave France instructions for him not to play more than 45 minutes. There no reports that he's injured.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
No injuries. He was terrible though, France's worst player in that half. Doesn't help that everyone else was playing good to great and that his replacement (coman) scored a stunner and did succeed in his dribbles.

NoLogo

Van Gaal Effect.
I'd say he is pretty much overplayed at this stage. Would have been nice if could have gotten some rest through these friendly games. On top of that for all his talent he will be inconsistent at his age. We shouldn't even be at a point where we need to hope that a 20 year old can somewhat carry a team full of experienced international player.

Man Utd 1:0 Everton

Adisa

Where would we be without this guy.
The club has been a two man band this season, him and Dave.
The club deserves credit. The football world thought we were nuts when we paid potentially €80m for this guy. I reckon we are going to pay all the clauses.

Devil may care

He's just got so much in his game, if our right side had more of the same he'd find it easier as well because right now teams are doubling up on him as lot. He also puts a really dogged defensive shift in for the team.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I may be bashed for this.
Although he scored and played pretty decent, felt he was a tad too selfish. there were instances where I felt he should have passed but goes about dribbling, which although in general isn't too bad for a player his control but needs to understand that passing is a better option. But again he is young and this part will improve with experience

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I may be bashed for this.
Although he scored and played pretty decent, felt he was a tad too selfish. there were instances where I felt he should have passed but goes about dribbling, which although in general isn't too bad for a player his control but needs to understand that passing is a better option. But again he is young and this part will improve with experience
I somewhat agree. In terms of all round game I thought Jesse and Rashford played better than him today, but he's just so phenomenally talented that if you had to pick which one of them would score the winner you'd have always backed Martial.

Good to see that his passing wasn't that slightly tired-looking, half-hearted stuff too like we've seen in a few games from him recently.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He will turn into an Henry-esque player. He has so much potential.

Donut

Where would we be without this guy.
The club has been a two man band this season, him and Dave.
The club deserves credit. The football world thought we were nuts when we paid potentially €80m for this guy. I reckon we are going to pay all the clauses.
The most "unachievable" one is him getting on the Balon shortlist (23 players), which will probably happen in the next 2 years.

He'll be worth the fee, as long as he stays with us for the majority of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.