6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CG1010

I love his movement and his dribbling ability especially in tight areas. One area of improvement is shooting from longer range. If he has that in his arsenal, he could a really special player.
Imagine him with RVP's shooting technique! :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His touch sometimes lets him down as well at crucial times as well. He could have had a few more goals if he was able to take the ball well when sent clear. This is probably just me nitpicking but I have definitely noticed this happening four-five times.
Not sure I've noticed much of that. More a case of him running out steam after making driving/dribbling runs into the box due to having to get past too many defenders. Over time he'll learn to put the final touch to those moves or simply find a way to have to do less. But it only happens because he's capable of taking defences on.

LLMU

His touch sometimes lets him down as well at crucial times as well. He could have had a few more goals if he was able to take the ball well when sent clear. This is probably just me nitpicking but I have definitely noticed this happening four-five times.
Yes, i agree with you on this one. That little backheel from Rashford that sent him clear until Stones came crashing in. He could have just smash it through towards the goal rather than dribbling it into the box. But why are we nitpicking this when his ability to reach a higher ceiling is there for us to see.

Silverman

He wants to play as a striker so is there any point in signing a young striker like Kane or Lukaku for massive money? Okay Kane is looking like a fantastic player so if he is available then I think itd be hard to turn down but I do think it would hamper Martial.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I don't see why we can't bring in another young striker, barca fit 3 strikers in their system. On top of rotation, it's about the movement and flexibility of players. I think Martial definitely has what it takes to part of a fluid attack.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I don't see why we can't bring in another young striker, barca fit 3 strikers in their system. On top of rotation, it's about the movement and flexibility of players. I think Martial definitely has what it takes to part of a fluid attack.
No they don't.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is he eligible for the PL Young player of the year ? Because if he is, he wins it by a landslide for me. Wasn't probably as effective yesterday with his dribbling, but still had some really great link up play with Rashy. That little set-up they had in the 2nd half near the wing, to bring the ball into the box was just :drool:
Kane, Alli and Lukaku are probably favourites - and no one is winning it by a landslide. Martial didn't have a season as good as theirs, he just showed enormous potential, but as far as YPOTY goes it should be one of those three

Norris

Kane, Alli and Lukaku are probably favourites - and no one is winning it by a landslide. Martial didn't have a season as good as theirs, he just showed enormous potential, but as far as YPOTY goes it should be one of those three
I think Martial is still ahead of Alli. Agree about Kane and Lukaku though. Probably Kane will win it again as his goals have held more importance in PL Title Challenge

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I think Martial is still ahead of Alli. Agree about Kane and Lukaku though. Probably Kane will win it again as his goals have held more importance in PL Title Challenge
Not so sure, yet. I thought RvP would defo win the 12/13 award, yet Bale got it ahead of him.

If Martial continues this good run, you never know.

RedRevongge

13 goals and 7 assists in a team that's been pretty poor going forward, that's a really good return.
I think it's also a good achievement considering he has played out wide. Scoring 1 in 3 is decent all things considered, particularly considering his age and the fact the team have created so few chances this season.

I think had he played regularly up front he would be around the 20 goal mark around now. If he was playing for a team who could create chances then....who knows. Regardless he has been our most threatening outfield player this season by some distance. Considering his age and the environment he has come into that's quite a good achievement. Unfortunately for him may not even make top 3 YPOTY due to the outstanding seasons for Kane, Lukaku and Delle Ali.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

He said: “Schneiderlin and Fellaini. At first, I took English lessons, but because we played every three days, I stopped. It’s fine, though, I’m getting better and better at it, hearing it and speaking it all the time.

“The manager doesn’t really have an accent, so I understand him, more than the English players! I also get along well with Memphis and Januzaj. They’re good guys.”

Louis Van Gaal’s mentality of giving young players their debuts and keeping them in the team after good performances has been one of the few positives from an otherwise tepid stint as Manchester United’s manager.

One who has had a similar impact to Martial during his first few performances has been Marcus Rashford, only 18, who now has five goals in nine games for the club.

Martial said: “There’s good young players at Manchester. Marcus has benefitted from the injuries of other players to get some game time. The manager gave him a chance, and he took it.

“He’s played really well, already has five goals. I’m happy for him. When I played as a 9, sometimes I didn’t score. I hope Marcus will continue to score and help us win.”

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not his best game but he still has moments of brilliance where he can score a goal or create a chance out of nothing due to his perseverance.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Easy to forget he's only 20. The decision making will come.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looking forward to seeing how he does under Mourinho, especially if we bring in competent attackers to help him like Ibra :drool:
As of now, with LvG, the plan is basically give him the ball and hope he scores while everyone else hold your shape.

Sylar

We kept him out wide and put Young up front :lol:

He didnt have his best game, but he still created the only shot we had all game.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Only real piece of quality in our team other than De Gea.

Also, read his wife left him, is this true?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It's really frustrating we have to rely on his moments of brilliance for any semblance of attacking threat. It's so easy for teams to double and triple team him at times because Rojo never bothers to overlap and the one time Rojo did and had time to cross we only had Ashley bloody Young in the box.

SER19

Van Gaal seemed to imply martial not scoring a good chance with lots of space was the turning point. Let's forget that he made it entirely himself amongst a team so clueless we were just hitting the ball at him hoping he'd do something

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not his best game, but could have scored a magical goal. Looks like he either needs a game or two out, or a hell of a lot more support.

What's amazing is that our entire gameplan going forward seems to be to "give it to Martial". No quality through the middle. No quality from the right. No quality from the striker. Just give it to this and hope.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I was absolutely livid just before he created our only chance. He got the ball out wide, and there were five players standing in a line in midfield, just behind him, showing absolutely no intent of offering him anything that resembled an outlet.

At the end he managed to create a chance out of it on his own, but for me that really summed up our game. Punt it to Martial, and hope he does something. It's a travesty, really. If you're him, you can't be blamed for starting to look for a way out after a season like this, because he's clearly cut out for a much higher level than we're offering him now.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Only real piece of quality in our team other than De Gea.

Also, read his wife left him, is this true?
I've only read it in The Sun, so I don't know how true it is. The Sun were the only place who reported the original story including that X Factor bird as well, and nothing seemed to come of it after that, not in the media anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I will say it here, Martial like the rest of the team has been average this season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I will say it here, Martial like the rest of the team has been average this season.
I think he was fortunate in his first few games that he didn't speak English and therefore it took longer for LVG's tactics to filter through to him via teammate translators - he was just playing on instinct.

criticalanalysis

That's harsh and you're not wrong, however, it's incredibly out of context. We've seen Martial play to his potential and consistently show that in spurts (that's an oxymoron but you know what I mean) show his class. How it produced consistent results? Nope but his 'average' is the least of our concerns and shouldn't really warrant a mention where the bigger problems are his team mates and sh|te tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.