Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You really have to give credit to van Gaal for showing so much faith in Memphis and Martial early on. It seems obvious given the alternatives but I still think it's something not many managers at a top club would do. And credit to Martial for impressing so much. It's quite incredible really.

RedRevongge

Delighted with what. Was expecting Rooney to go upfront with Herrera behind him. Nice to see him play again after what I thought was a good game vs PSV.
I think the issue with Rooney up front is he likes to come deep if not getting on the ball. Since we lack players who will run past him on a regular basis it inhibits our attack.

I think martial will stay up top more (although he does drift wide occasionally) which allows Rooney to be more involved in the game yet also make runs past Martial from deep. On paper it should work anyway

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think the issue with Rooney up front is he likes to come deep if not getting on the ball. Since we lack players who will run past him on a regular basis it inhibits our attack.

I think martial will stay up top more (although he does drift wide occasionally) which allows Rooney to be more involved in the game yet also make runs past Martial from deep. On paper it should work anyway
Rooney also likes to play around someone, he makes good use of a pivot and/or a runner.

Varun

Staff

I agree. It looks a great combo on paper as they should compliment each other well. Martial moves out wide while Rooney will love to bomb forward from deep while Memphis and Mata both like to move infield..

Ideally, Rooney would do more than just ping balls out wide every time he gets the ball. Really grates me when he does that.

RedRevongge

I agree. It looks a great combo on paper as they should compliment each other well. Martial moves out wide while Rooney will love to bomb forward from deep while Memphis and Mata both like to move infield..

Ideally, Rooney would do more than just ping balls out wide every time he gets the ball. Really grates me when he does that.
All those players should be adaptable enough to switch positions during games also a bit like Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez did. Only concern is whether LVG will let them do it. If they do our attack could become special

Question234

All those players should be adaptable enough to switch positions during games also a bit like Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez did. Only concern is whether LVG will let them do it. If they do our attack could become special
No way, he's all about defensive positioning and zones.

Varun

Staff
Well he does hive his front 4 a lot of freedom. Let's hope Rooney isn't in his "Look out right" every time he gets the ball.

Minimalist

On FM he would have 20 for composure. Scary how cool headed he appears in front of goal for a 19 year old.

Trizy

Practically a tap in that could've been saved or blocked but instead he sold the defender and finished well. Very exciting kid.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Are you fecking watching Rooney?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His composure in front of goal, so far, has been exceptional for someone so young.

Terrific start to his career, I hope we don't burn him out. It will be important also to give him some periods of rest.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's so composed in the box. For someone so young that's amazing.

He's been compared to Welbeck and Welbeck still doesn't have that.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He's probably/definitely our best option up front. I hope he succeeds so much. Not a bad start at all!

Spoony

The People's President
Must say considering his transfer fee he's done amazingly well. He doesn't do pressure. Lucky bugger.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is so cool. It's a surprise and it's not at the same time, he was like that at Monaco but I thought he would show some nervousness at Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.