Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
God, I knew this thread would be bumped with whining as soon as I saw the line up..

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ridiculous treatment. He has played ok most of the time when actually on the pitch. He has been better than Rooney, Lingard and Rashford this season and is close with Mkhitaryan and Mata.

I assume it is all an attempt to fire him up but I doubt it will work. Attacking players need freedom to express themselves, just look at Hazard this season compared to last under Mourinho. He also should be playing in the middle more often.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mourinho's comments suggest a freezing out completely aka Mkhitaryan and Shaw

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ridiculous treatment. He has played ok most of the time when actually on the pitch. He has been better than Rooney, Lingard and Rashford this season and is close with Mkhitaryan and Mata.
Something is obviously going on behind the scenes judging by Jose's comments

DatGuyRich

This isn't really a game where he could have proved himself but do carry on hyper ventilating over his absence.

He'll be back in the team for Wigan and the PL match next week.

SirAF

Ageist
Something is obviously going on behind the scenes judging by Jose's comments
Obviously, but by all means keep complaining about the manager's choice.. Probably the same that were whining about Micky in the fall.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd hate to be all irrational and what-not but I do think there's a big chance he's done here. Even when we make our massive 'muppet' attacker signing - who is this first name that would drop out of our starting XI? Most likely Martial.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Must be off, what a shame, all the talent in the world. No idea who could afford to take him off of us though.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think public flaming of young players is unhelpful and unfair. He has done it with both Shaw and Martial now, and it does not appear fair at all based on what I have seen.

Fracture90

I think public flaming of young players is unhelpful and unfair. He has done it with both Shaw and Martial now, and it does not appear fair at all based on what I have seen.
Especially after the support he's shown to Fellaini.

RedMaestro

I assume it is all an attempt to fire him up but I doubt it will work. Attacking players need freedom to express themselves, just look at Hazard this season compared to last under Mourinho. He also should be playing in the middle more often.
But how can we know what's really going on "behind the curtains"? There may be a lot of things that's a "problem". Mourinho has probably made some "requests" and Martial has maybe not done what's been expected of him. Or maybe it's an "agent problem"?

It could also be that Martial has "demanded" that he'd be seen as a regular and Mourinho is showing who the boss is. So who knows - a transfer request in the progress which causes problems? And there is these rumours of getting in a few more players in the summer (i.e. Griezmann) which is something more that causes trouble between Martial and Mourinho.

I don't know - hope everything turns out ok. Potentially a world class player, but no player is bigger than the club.

Frank Grimes

Interesting to know people's average rating for Martial this year, I have him at a terrible 5.3. I don't completely blame him for that as Jose has benched him as it looked like he was hitting some form on a few occasions.

dichinero

I find it funny how many people are going with the "I'm just going to trust Jose that he is doing the best thing". Sorry but it feels like Jose just being incapable of managing different personalities and most importantly young players.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I find it funny how many people are going with the "I'm just going to trust Jose that he is doing the best thing". Sorry but it feels like Jose just being incapable of managing different personalities and most importantly young players.
This is a man who won the champions league with Porto and beat probably the greatest team in history and then won the champions league (Inter Milan). I think we can trust his judgement with players.

Zoo

Mkhitaryan was 27 with a wealth of experience across Europe and had a testing time before at the start of his Dortmund career. I hope Mourinho knows what he is doing if he trying something similar with Martial.

Maccaa

Pretty annoying now. I don't think he's played bad at all and he's actually started tracking back and defending more than he did last season. He gets no help when he's on the ball even though he's always got 2 or 3 men marking him and never gets help off his fullback. How is Lingard, Rasford and Mata getting picked in front of him on the wing. Just don't understand it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont have a lot of faith in Mourinho in handling talents like Martial tbh. He fecked KDB and Lukaku right up.

RedMaestro

How did Mourinho work with Robben at Chelsea? I think he was pretty young...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think Dawson is missing the point. Miki is 27 with more life experience. Martial's just turned 21 and is a completely different personality. Mourinho needs to adapt and get the best out of different personalities.

I honestly hope the club don't allow Mourinho to freeze him out. All it takes is for bloody Ed to call the agent, parents and Martial and talk with them - after he's made it clear to Mourinho that the boy is going nowhere so he better start treating him right.

I feel like Jose wants Martial to go away. Why the feck would you want that? Never says anything good about the kid, only his bloody Fellaini

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This is a man who won the champions league with Porto and beat probably the greatest team in history and then won the champions league (Inter Milan). I think we can trust his judgement with players.
Not with young players it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.