5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMaestro

I dont have a lot of faith in Mourinho in handling talents like Martial tbh. He fecked KDB and Lukaku right up.
Sometimes it's just that some people can't "work" together. Some players get along better with certain managers and some just don't. Nothing wrong with this.

LouisDanGaal

I find it funny how many people are going with the "I'm just going to trust Jose that he is doing the best thing". Sorry but it feels like Jose just being incapable of managing different personalities and most importantly young players.
We are unbeaten in something like 19? we have been the better team in every game since the Chelsea game, the proof is in the pudding, he is clearly capable of creating a great winning squad mentality. A couple of fans whinging when an underperforming player is dropped is a small sacrifice.

MiceOnMeth

Well then.. Guess Jose will sell him to psg to fund a Griezmann and Niguez double swoop. Bye Anthony :(

LouisDanGaal

Robben, Lukaku, KDB…
He didn't play lukaku because he had Costa who is now the best player in the premier league. Robben he did loads for not sure what you're talking about. KDB, mistake sure, but he still won with that Chelsea team which is surely the priority.

dichinero

This is a man who won the champions league with Porto and beat probably the greatest team in history and then won the champions league (Inter Milan). I think we can trust his judgement with players.
That does not mean he is perfect is he? Fergie has also made errors. History suggests that Jose works on both extremes, it either works perfectly or ends in a disaster when it comes to players especially younger players.

I guess I'm not willing to jump on Caf band wagon that it's always because "Player X is mentally weak, or he's only interested in money or is not motivated" which is the go to these days for our young players

SirAF

Ageist
We are unbeaten in something like 19? we have been the better team in every game since the Chelsea game, the proof is in the pudding, he is clearly capable of creating a great winning squad mentality. A couple of fans whinging when an underperforming player is dropped is a small sacrifice.
This. It is really vexing..

Martial is one of my favorite players at the club, but if he can't cope with this situation then perhaps he doesn't have the mentality to play for a elite club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sometimes it's just that some people can't "work" together. Some players get along better with certain managers and some just don't. Nothing wrong with this.
Only problem is that Martial has been coached by Ranieri and Jardim, they are both tough on the training ground and expect a lot from their players, so in that particular case I'm inclined to have doubts about Mourinho because Martial was fine with the others.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If he starts kissing Ibra's and Jose's ass he will get into the team. But Martial will not do that...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His track record isn't showing that he can work well with many youth players though.

Shaw, Martial, KDB, Lukaku are just from the top off my head - it suggests a failure to connect with younger talents. Either by way of motivation or managing expectation. The KDB/Lukaku situations suggested failure in judgement on his part.

LouisDanGaal

This. It is really vexing..

Martial is one of my favorite players at the club, but if he can't cope with this situation then perhaps he doesn't have the mentality to play for a elite club.

Martial was out best performing outfield player last season arguably but there were huge chunks of the season when he was non-existent, spells going into double digit games. Mourinho is trying to make sure when he is on the pitch he is fully focused and doing everything in his ability, no complacency, just constant on top of his game Martial. Mourinho had similar teething problems with Hazard when he publically had a go at him but he went on to be the best player in the league the next year

Fracture90

He didn't play lukaku because he had Costa who is now the best player in the premier league. Robben he did loads for not sure what you're talking about. KDB, mistake sure, but he still won with that Chelsea team which is surely the priority.
He had Lukaku before he bought Costa.

He shunned Robben off to Madrid.

KDB was an awful mistake and those 3 are just some of the bad youth players management he's made, not to mention what he did to older players too.

Winning shiit with Chelsea doesn't change the fact he managed those players poorly and doesn't mean he'll always be winning stuff with doing that.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
All a bit dramatic in the match day thread.

Martial is huge talent. Mourinho has publicly stated this already numerous times this season. He recognises it. Therefore there's no chance Jose doesn't rate him.

Let's be honest TM isn't without his faults. Neville's right he does look disinterested at times. Against liverpool his movement was shite and wasn't helping us get back in the game. So frustrating to see from someone who has that much ability.

I'd rather someone with slightly less ability giving 100% rather than martial's 50% 'doesn't really fancy it today' performances.

Mourinho is rightly trying to break that out of him. Playing him every week regardless is not the answer.

SteveW

Jose's making a complete balls of this as he's done with a lot of exciting young players over the years. However I think it's too early to be worrying about his future. Jose is a daft twat at times but surely surely there's a limit to how stupid he could be. A blind man could see how special Martial is. He wont want to lose him. Why he feels the need to engage in psychological warfare with a talented young kid living in a foreign country I've no idea. I can only put it down to a flaw in his personality.

One thing I am sick of hwoever, is hearing about how he transformed Mkhitaryan. Mkhi was the best player in Germany last season. He did not need to be broken down and rebuilt. All Jose did was deprive us of his quality for a few months. He hasn't even been any more consistent than usual since he started playing. He's exactly the same player he's always been. The same player that tormented Spurs and Liverpool in Europe. Yet somehow Jose's a genius for finding a way to get him to play well. It's a bullshit narrative that needs to end.

Z_Wolf

Think Dawson is missing the point. Miki is 27 with more life experience. Martial's just turned 21 and is a completely different personality. Mourinho needs to adapt and get the best out of different personalities.

I honestly hope the club don't allow Mourinho to freeze him out. All it takes is for bloody Ed to call the agent, parents and Martial and talk with them - after he's made it clear to Mourinho that the boy is going nowhere so he better start treating him right.

I feel like Jose wants Martial to go away. Why the feck would you want that? Never says anything good about the kid, only his bloody Fellaini
I agree with your last paragraph. I remember when Jose was asked about who he thought could break Rooney's record he said he thought Rashford could do it. It's pretty clear he doesn't fancy Martial.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Here's what he said on Martial. Basically, he didn't take his chance and there's a lot of competition for that position.
Can't see the video but sounds like nonsense from Mourinho. What competition do we have on the the left? A bunch of average players Martial is better than even at less than top form. It should be Martial or Rashford for that position with the former as first choice. Mourinho seems to not be able to have faith and patience in young players. Great talents deserve it and him expecting them to be tactically perfect doesn't help them one bit.

shabz

I think mental toughness will be needed if he want's to play for us again. He's definitely got the ability to be one our best players and regular starters, he just needs to find more consistency. With KDB and Lukaku both players didn't want to fight for their place as they believed they were good enough to start week in and out elsewhere, and they were proven right. I feel if they had stayed with Chelsea they would have also been successes. If Martial fights for his place he will start week in and out once he gets the levels he was at last season.

LouisDanGaal

He had Lukaku before he bought Costa.

He shunned Robben off to Madrid.

KDB was an awful mistake and those 3 are just some of the bad youth players management he's made, not to mention what he did to older players too.

Winning shiit with Chelsea doesn't change the fact he managed those players poorly and doesn't mean he'll always be winning stuff with doing that.
He replaced him with a better player, I don't see the problem.

He got three great years out of Robben a young player who raised his game exponentially then moved.

KDB is the only one I agree is bad management, especially in hindsight, but it happens to every manager a la Pogba.

I think his track record of winning shiit everywhere he goes is what suggests that.

SkeppyRed

Think Dawson is missing the point. Miki is 27 with more life experience. Martial's just turned 21 and is a completely different personality. Mourinho needs to adapt and get the best out of different personalities.

I honestly hope the club don't allow Mourinho to freeze him out. All it takes is for bloody Ed to call the agent, parents and Martial and talk with them - after he's made it clear to Mourinho that the boy is going nowhere so he better start treating him right.

I feel like Jose wants Martial to go away. Why the feck would you want that? Never says anything good about the kid, only his bloody Fellaini
Imagine Martin Edwards making it clear to Fergie 'soandso's going nowhere so you better treat him right'.

Now imagine fergie saying 'get tae fck'.

You don't do that to your manager. The most important man st the club. Full stop.

Jazz

I agree with your last paragraph. I remember when Jose was asked about who he thought could break Rooney's record he said he thought Rashford could do it. It's pretty clear he doesn't fancy Martial.
Yeah I keep thinking about how he mentioned Marcus a lot, but the other talented, or more talented kid that did well for us was ignored. I don't know what his problem is.

dichinero

I'm not disputing that just stating it's not out of place to suggest that Jose's handling of young players isn't questionable. If he doesn't want to work or can't manage young players, it's his perogative to do that. We just too many young players with potential at our disposal to get rid off because of Jose's managerial style

Frank Grimes

Can't see the video but sounds like nonsense from Mourinho. What competition do we have on the the left? A bunch of average players Martial is better than even at less than top form. It should be Martial or Rashford for that position with the former as first choice. Mourinho seems to not be able to have faith and patience in young players. Great talents deserve it and him expecting them to be tactically perfect doesn't help them one bit.
Can't deny with he's saying is true. Mata is regularly dropped to bench and he's played clearly better than Martial this season. I really want to see Martial hit his form soon though.

SteveW

Martial was out best performing outfield player last season arguably but there were huge chunks of the season when he was non-existent, spells going into double digit games. Mourinho is trying to make sure when he is on the pitch he is fully focused and doing everything in his ability, no complacency, just constant on top of his game Martial. Mourinho had similar teething problems with Hazard when he publically had a go at him but he went on to be the best player in the league the next year
Then would barely play for him the following year....

Jazz

Imagine Martin Edwards making it clear to Fergie 'soandso's going nowhere so you better treat him right'.

Now imagine fergie saying 'get tae fck'.

You don't do that to your manager. The most important man st the club. Full stop.
The most important man when that's Sir Alex who was a serial winner even if he made bad decisions. You don't give power to someone new who hasn't proved themselves in the organisation yet. He's also misusing a valuable asset. Which organisation allows a newbie to come in and do things like that? That's crazy.
Consider they gave Moyes all this power as well and what did he do with it?

The days of the manager is in charge of everything at the club is just plain stupid and does not work unless you have SAF - and we don't.

LouisDanGaal

Then would barely play for him the following year....
That's just not correct. It was getting ridiculous that he hadn't yet dropped hazard about 25 games in. Hazard literally had to fake an injury just to get dropped.

Philadelphian

Obviously, but by all means keep complaining about the manager's choice.. Probably the same that were whining about Micky in the fall.
That doesn't make sense, considering all the points that were dropped during his absence and then the points gained as soon as he was back playing. Mourinho sacrificed points and goals for whatever lesson he needed to teach the guy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Martial is a striker at some point he is going to leave the club because people want to force an other role on him. Also he has always been reserved which english followers seem to equate with being disinterestet, it was already the case when Scholes thought that he wasn't celebrating his goals properly.

SteveW

That's just not correct. It was getting ridiculous that he hadn't yet dropped hazard about 25 games in. Hazard literally had to fake an injury just to get dropped.
I meant Hazard barely tried the following season. Showed how little time he had for Jose

AXVnee7

Meltdown here is funny. Martial will get in if he plays well, if not then his heart is not in it(as we all no he has the talent) and we will sell him for a good fee.
He has been playing well. Not as well as he can but certainly better than anyone else on the left.

Also we will we recoup our money by selling him? Not to mention we're losing a highly rated prospect. It's too early to know whether it's over yet

SkeppyRed

The most important man when that's Sir Alex who was a serial winner even if he made bad decisions. You don't give power to someone new who hasn't proved themselves in the organisation yet. He's also misusing a valuable asset. Which organisation allows a newbie to come in and do things like that? That's crazy.
Consider they gave Moyes all this power as well and what did he do with it?

The days of the manager is in charge of everything at the club is just plain stupid and does not work unless you have SAF - and we don't.
Hang on a sec this fecking Jose Mourinho were talking about.

Newbie :lol::lol:

LouisDanGaal

I'm not disputing that just stating it's not out of place to suggest that Jose's handling of young players isn't questionable. If he doesn't want to work or can't manage young players, it's his perogative to do that. We just too many young players with potential at our disposal to get rid off because of Jose's managerial style
Chelsea are about to win the league. Who is their youngest proper starter? This places obsession with youth is stupid. Best players get in the team and Martial has the best potential but often isn't the best option.

Jazz

Jose's making a complete balls of this as he's done with a lot of exciting young players over the years. However I think it's too early to be worrying about his future. Jose is a daft twat at times but surely surely there's a limit to how stupid he could be. A blind man could see how special Martial is. He wont want to lose him. Why he feels the need to engage in psychological warfare with a talented young kid living in a foreign country I've no idea. I can only put it down to a flaw in his personality.

One thing I am sick of hwoever, is hearing about how he transformed Mkhitaryan. Mkhi was the best player in Germany last season. He did not need to be broken down and rebuilt. All Jose did was deprive us of his quality for a few months. He hasn't even been any more consistent than usual since he started playing. He's exactly the same player he's always been. The same player that tormented Spurs and Liverpool in Europe. Yet somehow Jose's a genius for finding a way to get him to play well. It's a bullshit narrative that needs to end.
Absolutely this. I don't dislike Jose but this part of his personality is a real turn off. It feels like bullying for bullying sake. It's bizarre.

Also, I don't like his public utterances on Martial - it won't work with this kid who seems introverted and private. Just shout, scream and cajole him behind the scenes - not in the full glare of the media.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Interesting to know people's average rating for Martial this year, I have him at a terrible 5.3. I don't completely blame him for that as Jose has benched him as it looked like he was hitting some form on a few occasions.
I don't really use the rating system. Here's what people have voted for him game by game though:

Think the trend is he isn't trusted in away games.

dirkey

It's a flaw in Jose's personality, rather than a flaw in Martial's? Maybe it's being used as motivation. Because he doesn't look motivated to me half the time out there. He has talent, and he was great last year. That's last year. This season he hasn't been, bar a couple of flashes lately. That simply isn't good enough. So he's leaving him out to show to him that if you're not good enough, not giving your all, you don't make the team. Makes complete sense to me.

LouisDanGaal

I meant Hazard barely tried the following season. Showed how little time he had for Jose
My bad! Yeah he actively hated him the next season, as did the whole squad. There is no denying there is a point where you can't push a player or group any more, that they will just stop pushing back, Mourinho will get the best out of any player or team that keeps pushing back, Chelsea gave up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think mental toughness will be needed if he want's to play for us again. He's definitely got the ability to be one our best players and regular starters, he just needs to find more consistency. With KDB and Lukaku both players didn't want to fight for their place as they believed they were good enough to start week in and out elsewhere, and they were proven right. I feel if they had stayed with Chelsea they would have also been successes. If Martial fights for his place he will start week in and out once he gets the levels he was at last season.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.