Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well that's reassuring / slightly worrying

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Mourinho has no idea how to manage a squad anymore. Before, he'd lose the locker room in year 3. With this last Chelsea gig, he lost them in year 2. Maybe he's working on losing it in year 1.

Complete has-been manager.

Kag

Mourinho has no idea how to manage a squad anymore. Before, he'd lose the locker room in year 3. With this last Chelsea gig, he lost them in year 2. Maybe he's working on losing it in year 1.

Martial is injured.

Sam M

=

Wum confirmed,
Please leave, your club and posting is garbage

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Not Martial only... Miki, Schneiderlin, Mata (although Mata is tough cookie and persevered), etc.

LVG wasn't much better tbh.

Schweinsteiger too.

Zoo

What are you trying to achieve in here?

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Schweinsteiger? There's probably a fictitious injury too. I remember everyone he didn't like at Madrid being conveniently "injured" as well. Included Iker, Pepe, Marcelo, etc. Of course, they called him out on it later.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Schweinsteiger? There's probably a fictitious injury too. I remember everyone he didn't like at Madrid being conveniently "injured" as well. Included Iker, Pepe, Marcelo, etc. Of course, they called him out on it later.
Just quit. Mourinho has spent the last two weeks praising Martial.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Depay is probably "injured" too. Looked pretty good for not playing much against France NT...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Perfect opportunity for Depay, but instead we choose Young who offers absolutely nothing
Depay doesn't offer much more than nothing himself, to be fair.

That said, it's disappointing to see Young lining up as part of a front three at Anfield. In my opinion, he's extremely lucky to have survived the summer, seems like a suspended student who just sat at the back and kept quiet, with the teacher not noticing he was still there.

LouisDanGaal

You need to be a bit more subtle to get the bait you're after, softly softly catchee monkey.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Depay is probably "injured" too. Looked pretty good for not playing much against France NT...
:lol: you absolute weapon.

tomaldinho1

From Spain and Portugal, Falcao played 5 months of football in France, his reputation doesn't come from there and peopl enthuasism was based on his leevel pre-injury.

You have no case because you said that they don't live up to the hype, when most players move to england with no hype at all and no particular reputation. The players who moved with actual hype are the likes of Hazard, Martial, Lloris, Payet.

Edit: To make it clear, you seem to think that all Ligue 1 players are meant to be great in PL which makes no sense since most of the players joning the PL weren't even good let alone great in Ligue 1.
This has detracted far from me having doubts about Lacazette being world class lol. I said hit & miss and I don't see that naming a few success stories changes that - FYI on your point about players with hype, Martial had zero reputation (many people didn't even know who he was) and Payet was consistently passed over by the big clubs (Wenger thought him inconsistent)

If I was ever unclear, apologies, allow me to clarify: IMO Ligue 1 is much less competitive than the EPL so I am skeptical about players who tear it up there. I will remain skeptical on Lacazette unless we see him being successful in one of the more competitive leagues.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This has detracted far from me having doubts about Lacazette being world class lol. I said hit & miss and I don't see that naming a few success stories changes that - FYI on your point about players with hype, Martial had zero reputation (many people didn't even know who he was) and Payet was consistently passed over by the big clubs (Wenger thought him inconsistent)

If I was ever unclear, apologies, allow me to clarify: IMO Ligue 1 is much less competitive than the EPL so I am skeptical about players who tear it up there. I will remain skeptical on Lacazette unless we see him being successful in one of the more competitive leagues.
The competiteveness of the league has nothing to do with your claim and it wasn't your first argument. The problem with everything you say, is that you are talking about a league you don't know, you don't know a single player from that league and then make a judgement of a player you know nothing about.

Martial never played at Lacazette level, Falcao in France never played at Lacazette level, Cabella was a good player for an average team but wasn't a great prospect and wasn't even close to lace Lacazette's boots, Origi was bad at the exception of 2 months and finally Lacazette is better than Cavani.

Now does that mean that Lacazette is a guaranteed success? No, because there isn't a single player that guarantee you something.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So frustrating. Hopefully it's a small knock. Want to see him begin to start week in week out now. Enough time sitting out for martial.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We need his dribbling, noone else (bar hopefully mkhi soon) provides that for us at a high level. Rashford is more kick and rush, he's been figured out on the wings.

No slight on him, he's going to be a great goalscorer for us once he plays on top.

ReDDHDevilS

I hope and pray he'll available for the game against Cheslea. We need Martial. Even an out of form Martial contributes more in the attacking third than Young does. On the plus side, he's probably got a bit of a rest which he badly needed after playing so many games last season (and also all those off field issues).

tomaldinho1

The competiteveness of the league has nothing to do with your claim and it wasn't your first argument. The problem with everything you say, is that you are talking about a league you don't know, you don't know a single player from that league and then make a judgement of a player you know nothing about.

Martial never played at Lacazette level, Falcao in France never played at Lacazette level, Cabella was a good player for an average team but wasn't a great prospect and wasn't even close to lace Lacazette's boots, Origi was bad at the exception of 2 months and finally Lacazette is better than Cavani.

Now does that mean that Lacazette is a guaranteed success? No, because there isn't a single player that guarantee you something.
Mate, take a second. I thought I had clarified what I meant, please go back and read my post.

You brought up Martial in the wrong context (he had no hype when he came here), Falcao still had a great reputation (we already discussed this) and no idea where Cavani has come from. I have clarified quite a few times that good players do come from Ligue 1 but my point is, and has always been, because of the lack of competitiveness I am always skeptical about players coming across. I really don't understand how you have an issue with that statement?

I would really like to see Lacazette in the EPL and would be very interested in how he does. As I mentioned in my first post though something bugs me about the fact that all these big clubs have the money to get him but noone seems that keen on shelling out for him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mate, take a second. I thought I had clarified what I meant, please go back and read my post.

You brought up Martial in the wrong context (he had no hype when he came here), Falcao still had a great reputation (we already discussed this) and no idea where Cavani has come from. I have clarified quite a few times that good players do come from Ligue 1 but my point is, and has always been, because of the lack of competitiveness I am always skeptical about players coming across. I really don't understand how you have an issue with that statement?

I would really like to see Lacazette in the EPL and would be very interested in how he does. As I mentioned in my first post though something bugs me about the fact that all these big clubs have the money to get him but noone seems that keen on shelling out for him.
Martial was hyped in France which is the only thing that matters, how a player is perceived in a country that doesn't watch any other league than the PL is meaningless.

And you mentioned players who were supposed to be hyped in Cabella and Origi even though both weren't hyped in France.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
I admit that I have EXTREME bias against Mourinho because he was an absolute disgrace of a person when he was at Madrid. As an example, he lost the CDR final to Barcelona and didn't even bother to get the 2nd place medal. He went straight into the locker room. All the Madrid players were classy enough to accept their defeat, take their medal and show respect to the King of Spain who was in attendance.

That's just one example. Who can forget him sticking his thumb from behind into Tito Villanova's eye.

Another one was that he constantly threw players under the bus... took the credit for success and blamed the players for failures. Rubbish.

I just don't like him at all. Don't even like his tactics, which at least was a redeeming quality for some of the other arses that were managers.

So i apologize in advance if i get angry and just go off on Mou.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Martial was hyped in France which is the only thing that matters, how a player is perceived in a country that doesn't watch any other league than the PL is meaningless.

And you mentioned players who were supposed to be hyped in Cabella and Origi even though both weren't hyped in France.
Origi was only hyped because he looked ok for a couple of months at Lille (awful the rest of it) and got the WC hype after 2014. Cabella... i expected more tbh. I thought he went to the wrong league though and the wrong manager (I don't rate Pardew at all). He should have gone to either Serie A or La Liga. He was a technical kid, not a speedster or strong one. Needed to develop. Of course, he's ruined now.

Tarrou

It's fine to hate Mourinho, just do it in the Mourinho thread like everyone else

Any word on Martial's injury?

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
They say the pain he felt in his knee was a knock that swelled up a bit. But that's just twitter. Waiting for something more reliable.

Bwuk

Hopefully he's fit for Chelsea at weekend. If he's not 100% I'd rest him against Fenerbache.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I admit that I have EXTREME bias against Mourinho because he was an absolute disgrace of a person when he was at Madrid. As an example, he lost the CDR final to Barcelona and didn't even bother to get the 2nd place medal. He went straight into the locker room. All the Madrid players were classy enough to accept their defeat, take their medal and show respect to the King of Spain who was in attendance.

That's just one example. Who can forget him sticking his thumb from behind into Tito Villanova's eye.

Another one was that he constantly threw players under the bus... took the credit for success and blamed the players for failures. Rubbish.

I just don't like him at all. Don't even like his tactics, which at least was a redeeming quality for some of the other arses that were managers.

So i apologize in advance if i get angry and just go off on Mou.
Zzzzzzzzz

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Playing with a lot more energy.
It's obvious He's been working on his off the ball movement. Made a lot of runs without the ball. Been doing that for the past few weeks.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great quote from the man himself:

Sylar

Happy that he got his goal. And its nice to be able to have him playing with more confidence and cracking a smile or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.