6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

This is a weird post but someone photoshopped Martial wearing a classic shirt. What on earth happened to our kits.

That kit looks sexy as fook. Has Sharp gone out Of buisness. It just all comes together. The old tri foil badge also looks great.
Damn ugly Chevrolet badge ruining our kits.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What do you think is unfair about it?
Everything. Every single post/criticism of yours is unfair.

Team wasn't built around Martial, if so he wouldn't have played as LW when he started so brilliantly as CF, he wouldn't have helped his team in defending but would have played high up the pitch like Ronaldo did.

haram

Everything. Every single post/criticism of yours is unfair.

Team wasn't built around Martial, if so he wouldn't have played as LW when he started so brilliantly as CF, he wouldn't have helped his team in defending but would have played high up the pitch like Ronaldo did.
I don't want to delve into the year under van Gaal. The team was built around Martial. Go and look at how we set up and how Martial was able to find himself with space on the LW.

If you think everything I post about Martial is unfair you are just plain deluded. In fact, the fact that you think this way makes sense why some of you are blind to Martial's shortcomings. Some of you need to sit and actually think why Mourinho doesn't play him every week. There is more than one viewpoint. When I attempt to give this viewpoint, people cant take it.

Why on earth would I criticise Martial for no reason? I want him to do well. I want the team to win.

roonster09

Scout
I don't want to delve into the year under van Gaal. The team was built around Martial. Go and look at how we set up and how Martial was able to find himself with space on the LW.

If you think everything I post about Martial is unfair you are just plain deluded. In fact, the fact that you think this way makes sense why some of you are blind to Martial's shortcomings. Some of you need to sit and actually think why Mourinho doesn't play him every week. There is more than one viewpoint. When I attempt to give this viewpoint, people cant take it.

Why on earth would I criticise Martial for no reason? I want him to do well. I want the team to win.
:lol:

roonster09

Scout
Nice reply. Appreciate it.
If you think everyone is blinded by Martial's shortcomings except you then you are in dreamland. Probably I used there term "Martial FC" more than anyone and I was warned and thread banned too. At least I can give credit when he plays well. On the other hand reading your posts make me look like a member of Martial FC.

There are posters who worship Martial to who don't rate him so highly. Everyone post their opinion and gives it a rest. You on the other hand, very persistent and post the same rubbish everyday. For some reason anyone praising Martial triggers you.

haram

If you think everyone is blinded by Martial's shortcomings except you then you are in dreamland. Probably I used there term "Martial FC" more than anyone and I was warned and thread banned too. At least I can give credit when he plays well. On the other hand reading your posts make me look like a member of Martial FC.

There are posters who worship Martial to who don't rate him so highly. Everyone post their opinion and gives it a rest. You on the other hand, very persistent and post the same rubbish everyday. For some reason anyone praising Martial triggers you.
His dribbling is unbelievable at times. So many occasions it looks like he is about to get tackled and he squirms free.
I praised Martial just the other day. I was replying to people saying Martial was bigger than Mourinho for Manchester United.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Lmfao, who says Mourinho will be here for only 2/3 years? Martial's best year came when the team was built around him. What happened that year? He's not good enough to have a team built around him.
Was it his fault we didn't do much that year? Wasn't that season, his first season in England?

yo@Kirk

I wouldn't say Martial is great, but he's better than Mhki, Mata, or Lingard. Since Pogba's injury, playing Lukaku with 1 of Rashford or Martial and 2 of Mhki, Mata, or Lingard in the attack is like playing 10 1/2 vs 11. I think playing the 3 best attackers with an additional midfielder or defender would make the first team better.

JohnnyKills

It is fair criticism. What have I said there that is so bad? Jose Mourinho is bigger for this club than Martial is, that's a fact.
Mourinho is so committed to this club that he won't even buy a house in Manchester mate. We shouldnt pin our hopes on him long-term.

yfoFC

:lol:

Arka_BleedingRed

If it was Pep taking over LVG instead of Jose, Martial would have established himself in the world's top 5 young player's list. And Rashford wouldn't have been far behind. The difference lies between the system both the coaches apply. And yeah, if Pep was here, it would have been bye bye for players like Smalling and Fellaini and Lukaku almost certainly wouldn't be here.

But it's all hypothetical and it's Jose here instead of Pep. So, there is no use of such scenarios and it's upto Jose to get the best out of the players playing under him.

Reactions: Damien

Member 90887

If it was Pep taking over LVG instead of Jose, Martial would have established himself in the world's top 5 young player's list. And Rashford wouldn't have been far behind. The difference lies between the system both the coaches apply. And yeah, if Pep was here, it would have been bye bye for players like Smalling and Fellaini and Lukaku almost certainly wouldn't be here.

But it's all hypothetical and it's Jose here instead of Pep. So, there is no use of such scenarios and it's upto Jose to get the best out of the players playing under him.
That's not fair, Rashford flourished under Jose, Martial didn't, he is still inconsistent. he has to up his game, this year he did and that's why he's getting all the plaudits.

Member 90887

Wouldn't exactly go that far. Last season Rashford was also inconsistent.
Yes he was, but more often than not, he delivered + it was only his first full season for us. he was one of our main players after Zlatan's injury.

Arka_BleedingRed

Yes he was, but more often than not, he delivered + it was only his first full season for us. he was one of our main players after Zlatan's injury.
Not exactly. It's normal that most people remember only the good days and block out the bad ones of most players. Other then the Chelsea match and a few others, Rashford was mostly poor and inconsistent, despite being given far more chances and trust than Martial. And it is perfectly normal for a 19 year old to show inconsistency. Both of them have shown some excellent attributes, and unlike Jose, I think that they can not only play together but also complement each other well, in the right environment and situation of course, more so than Lukaku, who sometimes looks very poor technically.

I have always wanted to see United as a fearless team, a proactive team, who takes the sword to the opponents, rather than dulling the opponent's blade. But it has also been so long that we have won something really substantial, and right now, I am content to see through Jose's approach provided it gives us the results we desire, because if there is one thing Jose knows, it is how to win. But I wouldn't want him here for the long term and I don't think even he wishes to stay here for that long.

Reactions: Damien

yfoFC

He added, on the back of earning a recall to the Les Bleus fold : "At the moment, I’m happy, even if I could have done more, scored more goals and made more decisive passes. But I’m happy.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/mart...at-man-utd-as-goals/7lpucdk0jrbn16qn1auntxlp7

I think he's talking about the benfica game mostly where his decision making in the 2nd half was poor and I'm glad he knows he can offer more and isn't resting on his laurels. Top notch mentality right there

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not true. This is something of a myth that started after his performance against Chelsea and some good showings in the EL later stages but prior to those he was mostly poor throughout the whole season.

How Rashford came out of that season as a consistent performer and having a good season in the eyes of people, I'll never know.

Either people have very low expectations of his talent and potential for them to label such season as good(which even by low expectations wasn't) or they don't know what they're talking about.

He had a very inconsistent season and certainly wasn't a good one, it shows in stats as well, even when taken into context.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He added, on the back of earning a recall to the Les Bleus fold : "At the moment, I’m happy, even if I could have done more, scored more goals and made more decisive passes. But I’m happy.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/mart...at-man-utd-as-goals/7lpucdk0jrbn16qn1auntxlp7

I think he's talking about the benfica game mostly where his decision making in the 2nd half was poor and I'm glad he knows he can offer more and isn't resting on his laurels. Top notch mentality right there
I personally think his play and approach to that Benfica game got affected by the missed penalty. He quickly wanted to right his wrongs and get on the scoresheet which had him taking strange decisions which he normally wouldn't.

Few times he toolong shots or try to dribble in promising positions when he would normally have cut back the ball into the box for Lukaku or someone else to be on the end of those.

He also seemed overexcited, way too pumped which is of course a good thing but maybe just a bit too much which even led to him uncharacteristically run the ball out of play a few times while dribbling.

Though it's very exiting to see the attitude he's taking for these games now and ambitions he has. He knows he needs to put in numbers and want score and assists in bulk which is good. He's a confidence player and so far thing have been going well for him and I see him truly showing that next level he believes he can bring.

Andersons Dietician

Not true. This is something of a myth that started after his performance against Chelsea and some good showings in the EL later stages but prior to those he was mostly poor throughout the whole season.

How Rashford came out of that season as a consistent performer and having a good season in the eyes of people, I'll never know.

Either people have very low expectations of his talent and potential for them to label such season as good(which even by low expectations wasn't) or they don't know what they're talking about.

He had a very inconsistent season and certainly wasn't a good one, it shows in stats as well, even when taken into context.
I agree with what your saying however I think what people resonate with is that if he was playing poor he was still putting in shifts.(workrate doesn’t always mean quality but he was seen to be doing something) so I think people have mistaken that for consistent quality displays.

Also just to add both kinda picked up when a certain someone got injured and now he hasn’t been here both have been doing well.

yfoFC

I can't wrap my head around how people come to the conclusion that rashford had a good season last year, it's truly baffling to me

yfoFC

I personally think his play and approach to that Benfica game got affected by the missed penalty. He quickly wanted to right his wrongs and get on the scoresheet which had him taking strange decisions which he normally wouldn't.

Few times he toolong shots or try to dribble in promising positions when he would normally have cut back the ball into the box for Lukaku or someone else to be on the end of those.

He also seemed overexcited, way too pumped which is of course a good thing but maybe just a bit too much which even led to him uncharacteristically run the ball out of play a few times while dribbling.

Though it's very exiting to see the attitude he's taking for these games now and ambitions he has. He knows he needs to put in numbers and want score and assists in bulk which is good. He's a confidence player and so far thing have been going well for him and I see him truly showing that next level he believes he can bring.
Spot on, couldn't put it any better myself

He really looked pumped and excited for the match and I'm glad someone else caught that

You are right about him trying to make amends leading to him fecking up his decision making which he's normally good at. I'm just glad he knows he messed up and I'm sure he'll make things right from now onwards

He has a top class mentality as he wants to improve and has already identified his "weaknesses" but I guess his persona fools people into thinking otherwise

Chelsea 1:0 Man Utd

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Makes me sad thinking how he would be tearing up the league if he had Pep as his manager (or in that City side right now). So much better then anything we have in our attack and proves it off the bench every fecking time, yet he's left one the bench again.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Didn't notice him playing after he entered tbh. Poor as his teammates.
When he came on, our tactic ended up being mainly hoofing the ball around. With the tactics we started the game with and how open it was, I think he'd have been a better option to start this than Mkhi.

el3mel

When he came on, our tactic ended up being mainly hoofing the ball around. With the tactics we started the game with and how open it was, I think he'd have been a better option to start this than Mkhi.
It's not like we didn't play with long balls before and he always used to have a better impact on the game than today.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Is there any other team in the world who would bench a player of such quality and effectiveness so often. Just play Martial and Rashford why does it have to be one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.