Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 0:0 Southampton

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
As much as I believed we had something special on our hands with him, I must admit, and it's been a lingering thought for a little while, that he's not gonna become a great player. He just doesn't have it in him. The mental aspect, the desire, the hunger.

I'm also starting to think he might be amongst those who are gonna be sold.

snk123

So annoying he gets so little of the ball when quite clearly he's our best player in the final third. He comes on when everybody is playing hoofball

SER19

So annoying he gets so little of the ball when quite clearly he's our best player in the final third. He comes on when everybody is playing hoofball
I'm a huge martial fan. He was utterly horrendous on the ball today, so I assume you're speaking generally. He was unbelievable as downgrade on mkhitaryan today

Santos J

He wasn't fully fit and coming on to that shower of shite it would have taken a miracle to drag us through, harsh to criticize him today I think

SteveW

As much as I believed we had something special on our hands with him, I must admit, and it's been a lingering thought for a little while, that he's not gonna become a great player. He just doesn't have it in him. The mental aspect, the desire, the hunger.

Zero chance of that

Silas

I'm a huge martial fan. He was utterly horrendous on the ball today, so I assume you're speaking generally. He was unbelievable as downgrade on mkhitaryan today
No way was he worse than Mhiki ffs.

snk123

Are you kidding me? He played 25 minutes and touched the ball 4 times.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Probably our most talented attacker, yet i'm starting to believe there is a lot more talented players out there than him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Feck off. Only guy who looked like he had the capacity to put some fear into Southampton and was half fit. Only attacker who can leave that pitch with a semblance of dignity.

SER19

Are you kidding me? He played 25 minutes and touched the ball 4 times.
That's a made up stat I think?

Martial is one of our best players. In fact most of my hopes of us building a top team again rest on his potential. I think we're lucky to have him.

Now all that aside, today is not the day to come on saying how he's been let down. He was absolutely rubbish, possibly his worst game for us, his touch was off, his decision making was poor and he offered absolutely nothing. Ask martial how he was today and he'll likely tell you he was absolutely horrific. That's all. One sub appearance , but he was dreadful.

TRA007

Feck off. Only guy who looked like he had the capacity to put some fear into Southampton and was half fit. Only attacker who can leave that pitch with a semblance of dignity.
Agreed, needs to switch on to get in the game more as he was being bypassed most of the time. He made a good run into the box at the end of which ball broke to Rashford, and rashford froze instead of hitting it with his left.
An average game, not good but not bad as well IMO.

Sir A1ex

He would've scored had Pogba not touched the ball before it went in.
He also had a classic Martial "going through two defenders in the box and somehow coming out the other side with the ball" moment which should have led to a goal if Rashford had pulled the trigger instead of faffing.

Toddler

I don't like the fact that when Martial comes in we play only through the left, makes it so predictable and then there is no space for fecks sake. Well we don't have a good right winger so.. well I don't know. He was better than most of the lot today, again.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What game were you watching? He offered absolutely nothing.

Half fit, fully fit, he does not do enough. He just isn't cut for the highest level. The talent is there but the heart and discipline isn't. It's been like this for 2 seasons, intersped with a few good weeks. You're lying to yourself if you think he is a bona-fide United legend in the making, which is the standard.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Half fit, fully fit, he does not do enough. He just isn't cut for the highest level. The talent is there but the heart and discipline isn't. It's been like this for 2 seasons, intersped with a few good weeks. You're lying to yourself if you think he is a bona-fide United legend in the making, which is the standard.
Absolutely nothing? What the feck? You happen to miss his run that set up what should've been a sitter for Rashford? Or instantly winning a dangerous free kick? He did fine as a sub.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

If he outlasts Jose, mark my words.. He will become a special player. Genuinely feel he's being held back by his NT and club manager. Under Klopp/Pep he'd be a beast.

Devil may care

He tried to inject some dynamism and urgency into our play but it was too late, Rashford was invisible for any possible supply and Shaw had no legs to help him out with an overlap.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Absolutely nothing? What the feck? You happen to miss his run that set up what should've been a sitter for Rashford? Or instantly winning a dangerous free kick? He did fine as a sub.
The expectations have dropped in terms of what is considered an impact at this club.

Greck

You must have been watching the back of the telly. Blew hot and cold but offered something

United22

:lol:

Frank Grimes

The fact that United fans have started to proclaim Martial as some sort of saviour says a lot about how far we've fallen. He is a good talent but he is still is way off been a top player. Not blaming him though, he can improve.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The expectations have dropped in terms of what is considered an impact at this club.
Literally everything went through him when he got subbed on and the rest of the team was next to useless. He wasn't amazing but had a few very good moments in his brief time.

Jaybomb

Some fans really do see what they want to see. Completes one or two dribbles and everyone thinks he’s owed a living.

Never United quality. People were comparing him to Henry at the start.... He’s not even as good as fecking Nani. That’s the facts right now.

We aspire to be better than this.

Arka_BleedingRed

Can't believe the effing management. A finisher like him and we have him near the byline wide left almost 90% of the time and we have guys like Rashford and Lingard in the box. What great thinking, Mourinho! Rashford should have immediately swapped places with him as soon as Martial came in.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Don't understand this 'sacred cow' mentality.

It's as if the individual player is more important than the club nowadays. Cultish behaviour.

Jaybomb

Can't believe the effing management. A finisher like him and we have him near the byline wide left almost 90% of the time and we have guys like Rashford and Lingard in the box. What great thinking, Mourinho! Rashford should have immediately swapped places with him as soon as Martial came in.
Oh give it a rest.

He’s not this world class finisher everyone thinks he is. He’s been fecking wank for the most part since 2015.

He missed an open chance not too long ago. He’s as much to blame as everyone else.

Arka_BleedingRed

Created 2-3 good chances, 1 FK in a dangerous Position, showed good movement in the odd 22-25 minutes he played. The team has no coordination while attacking. Put Ronaldo in this team and I doubt you will see improvements.

Kapardin

Oh give it a rest.

He’s not this world class finisher everyone thinks he is. He’s been fecking wank for the most part since 2015.

He missed an open chance not too long ago. He’s as much to blame as everyone else.
Overrated. He's a level above Lingard and Rashford and can do some flashy tricks. He is not world class. His technique is above average but his overall contribution is strictly average.

I honestly do not see why one season in which he did well should be a marker. It could well be a freak season. But at the same time, I am obviously not recommending giving up on him. Get in better players and send him out on loan to La Liga. He has shown he can cope with the physicality of the league, so La Liga is the perfect place to hone his technique.

Arka_BleedingRed

Oh give it a rest.

Look man, I'm aware of Martial's weaknesses and am not saying he is the perfect product. I'm also aware of his strong points and I think he could have done better if he had been moved inside and Rashford could have played in the wing. Also, Strikers do miss chances now and then, it's part of the game, Lewa, Aguero, Suarez they all do. Doesn't mean they are all shit. Again, to clarify, I am not comparing Martial to them, just his finishing ablity, which I think is one of the best in this not so clinical team, alongwith Mata.

Jaybomb

Overrated. He's a level above Lingard and Rashford and can do some flashy tricks. He is not world class. His technique is above average but his overall contribution is strictly average.

I honestly do not see why one season in which he did well should be a marker. It could well be a freak season. But at the same time, I am obviously not recommending giving up on him. Get in better players and send him out on loan to La Liga. He has shown he can cope with the physicality of the league, so La Liga is the perfect place to hone his technique.
We need instant results and players like Martial aren’t gonna get us that. We need proper Mourinho players. He wasn’t afraid to buy them at Chelsea so why is he afraid to buy them at United?

If this was Chelsea, he would have shipped off Martial and bought in Perisic already. But he’s too cautious about the backlash of “not playing youth”... I’m positive it’s playing on his mind. Mourinho must want experienced players. He always has done.

Mensah, Tuanzebe and Pereira look like Mourinho players to me. Even McTominay looks like his style of midfielder. So there is some potential for him to play youth... but Martial and Shaw, not so much.

United22

What the hell is this crap? When has anyone done this

Backrow Singer

He's another player who will give you some good games and some bad games, some good moments and some poor moments. He could be a great player in the same way he could go the other way. Too much inconsistancy throughout the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.