Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Son’s a cracking player, massively underrated imo.

I don’t look at the Spurs forum so I’ll take your word for it but I’d be amazed if the Spurs fans on here would swap Son for Martial.
Here are the quotes from Spurscommunity:

ljinko888 (Oct 29 2017) said:
I was happy to see Martial on the bench. For me he is their best talent. Great close control, balance, cool finisher. He is the type of forward who puts fear into the opponent.

We have Son who can beat players from the wing. But he got subbed.

We could do with another because in tight games you need to have something up your sleeve to open it up. They subbed Rashford for Martial - two speedy dribblers. We sub ours for a target man. And we still played the same passing game rather than hitting it up to Llorente.
rocklink (Nov 18 2017) said:
Martial for rose ... simple
agrdavidsfan (Nov 19 2017) said:
Either straight swap for martial or United find a different left back :).
jurgen (Nov 20 2017) said:
Can people stop saying we should get Martial (or even try for Rashford!) in exchange for Rose. It's not going to happen because there is no way Utd would stand for significantly strengthening a rival with one of those players.
knowlespurs (Nov 20 2017) said:
there is zero chance Man Utd will sell Martial to us
They wont improve a rival and they probably know we will sell Rose anyway
It will be Shaw and cash imo
thebenjamin (Nov 20 2017) said:
If United want him just say straight swap for Martial or no deal. We can't allow the money clubs to just buy their way through our squad - charging them high fees makes no difference because they have unlimited money. You have to make them pay in other ways.
Spurrific (Nov 28 2017) said:
Even if he's been a prick, we'd be off our heads selling him to United. Davies has been decent but Rose is superior and would be very good for United. Unless they want to part with Martial, they can feck off.
am_yisrael_chai (Dec 03 2017) said:
The only time we have spent big in January was when Levy felt relegation was a possibility so he gave Redknapp a chunk of money to ensure it didn't happen. I wonder whether he will perceive the risk of not qualifying for the CL for our first season in the new stadium in a similar vein.

On an unrelated note if we believe today's press reports that Poch is happy to sell Rose in January then I'd suggest it shouldn't be in a simple cash sale, we need to get a player from either of the Manchester clubs if we are going to sell to them. Obviously the option that would suit us best would be to swap Rose for Martial. I wouldn't rule it out because Mourinho really doesn't seem to fancy Martial and has said he is too similar to Rashford to play in the same team as him. If we sold Rose for Shaw plus money I'd be seriously underwhelmed and if we just sell Rose for money, coming so soon after selling Walker, I think it will raise all the same old questions about our ambition.

And quotes from thefightingcock:

ArcspacE (Dec 07 2017) said:
Ibrahimovic is finished but both Rashford and Martial are much better than Llorente. Wish we could bring Martial here - he'll never be a regular under Maureen
Christian's Eriksen (Dec 07 2017) said:
I’d love Martial. I honestly think he’d be a better option than bringing Bale back.

But you’re right, Mourinho won’t sell to us. Plus he’d be £60m and is probably on over £100k.
Christian's Eriksen (today) said:
Imagine how good Martial and Rashford could be if they weren’t playing for Mourinho.
Nabil Bentaleb (today) said:
I rate martial much higher than rashford

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yep, he's rated really highly all around the world. And rightly so. Everyone wonders why Mourinho doesn't get the most out of him, or doesn't use him too much, and pretty much every rival fan believes with a better attacking manager he would become a world class player. Hell he's having a good overall season as it is so far, and recently productive for a player in his position and age (especially considering the rest of the team and how we play).

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Some of the quotes, Martial for Rose. :houllier:

Albeit, have seen some ridiculous comparisons on our side too. In regards to his performance, hard to be sure but he didn't look 100%. It seems he was brought on because Mkhitaryan was so bad.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The usual suspects talking their usual shite. Let's see how Martial and Rashford handle the opportunities if Lukaku is out for a while. We're going to need them to step up and maybe this is just the situation where they do.

Silas

Based on nothing more than assumptions though, the outputs from Son and Sane are way ahead of Martial. Both look far more dangerous and give a lot more to the wider team than Martial too.

I can’t believe any Spurs or City fan would swap for Martial at present.
This is him compared to Son, Sane and Sterling:

Not sure how often you watch Spurs, but Son's not even ahead of Martial output-wise, let alone "way ahead". He's pretty close to the two City wingers too, even with them being part of a far better attack.

Last edited:

Trizy

We're not playing enough quick attacking football with lots of movement to get the most out of him. If you can't see Martial's potential you're watching the wrong sport.

Every team knows Martial will burn anyone in front of him so as soon as he gets the ball there is always 2 players on him. We help the defending team as well by being so slow in the build up and so static in our movement. They have plenty of time to gang up on him.

If Martial was playing at Spurs, Liverpool or City due to their attacking styles he would be eating the league alive and we'd be banging on about how we wish we had him. The abuse in the last 3 pages is unwarranted, especially when our all our attacking players have been absolutely wank.

Ashley R1+O

Every week I see the same sort of stuff, stagnant off the ball when we're in possession and when we get it to him he wants to run at full clip like a demon into defenses. Sometimes it is nice, sometimes he loses it and patience is the only way for him to find his comfort level and excel. I am not sure if there is that kind of room in a Jose team for a player that only wants to have the ball at his feet and when it isn't looks like he doesn't want to be there. Weird player! But I am backing him to return to form in Lukaku's absence, I wonder if he will be moved up front or Rashford will take the gong. You'd have to say that both will now be starting while Zlatan and Lukaku are out.

Loublaze

ATLien
Who would you drop from Liverpool’s or Spurs front 4 to accommodate him? Perhaps I’m being unfair but I just don’t see it.
Martial is probably United's most highly rated player among opposition fans. As others have said he'd be a totally different beast at those clubs as they would bring out more of his qualities. Mourinho stifles flair players. Look what Sterling is doing at City under Pep, he's their top scorer and finishing is not even one of his strong suits. Son at Spurs has 9 goals and 5 assists to Martial's 8 and 7 respectively. Martial did that in 200 less minutes of game time.

thagaffer

Supports
Local team: Chelsea
We need instant results and players like Martial aren’t gonna get us that. We need proper Mourinho players. He wasn’t afraid to buy them at Chelsea so why is he afraid to buy them at United?

If this was Chelsea, he would have shipped off Martial and bought in Perisic already. But he’s too cautious about the backlash of “not playing youth”... I’m positive it’s playing on his mind. Mourinho must want experienced players. He always has done.
The managers at Chelsea don’t do the transfers it’s a decision between director of football and Marina Granovskaia

yfoFC

People say his best position is CF, today is a great day to show us all he can play there effectively

Kapardin

It is more of a desperation that he will come good. A technical CF would be such a treat after watching Lukaku's horror shows. I am not sure that Martial is as good as is claimed to be, but fully behind him as we are really desperate for quality in attack.

Greck

If you would like to have Perisic instead of Martial, you might as well stop watching United till Mourinho moves onto his next club.
Martial is slightly overrated by united fans but replacing him with Perisic? Then by the end of next season when Perisic is on a decline Jose'll be back asking the board for another 100mil to replace he and Matic

bosnian_red

People say his best position is CF, today is a great day to show us all he can play there effectively
To be fair, I think he's best playing off a main striker. Like his role vs Arsenal where he was class. Lukaku further up, martial just off him and was drifting with Lingard and attacking with pace.

Can still be good as a main striker though, and hopefully he shines today. Might be a bit tough though with the 5 behind him definitely being more on the conservative side (but still the best side we could choose).

bosnian_red

Goal and three assists in one game away to CSKA Moscow earlier this season comes to mind though he was partnering Lukaku.
Played up top with lukaku and lingard in the hole vs Arsenal and Watford too right? Played really well in both. Probably the system that best suits each of those front 3 and with those players getting the best out of each other.

Andersons Dietician

To be honest it doesn’t matter who is upfront if the team isn’t going to start clicking. I think he is better with a partner like Lukaku but honestly if this is a repeat like Wigan last year were the team played long balls and high balls for him to compete for with his back to goal then I’m sending my CV to OT for the managers position.

Hopefully Jose has adjusted the tactics accordingly tho, and hopefully we have quicker play and he will go in to space more. Shaw laying things across the box for the likes of Lingard, Mata and Martial getting on. Just play quickly, the team is there to exploit anything.

Everton 0:2 Man Utd

Damien

Staff
Played up top with lukaku and lingard in the hole vs Arsenal and Watford too right? Played really well in both. Probably the system that best suits each of those front 3 and with those players getting the best out of each other.
Yeah, I think in one of those he ended up playing on the wing again in the second half but they've got a good chemistry with each other.

Damien

Staff
Didn't do much other than that nice play with Shaw and cross into the box that nobody ran onto. Spent half the time out wide but did make a few nice runs. Needs to do more second half.

prath92

Quite obviously a Left sided attacker. Laughable that people think he is a striker

automaticflare

Isn't it amazing that when he is playing upfront he is having the same issues as lukaku
Endemic lack of creativity from our midfield and attack means our strikers are basically always on their own up there
Just like it wasn't lukaku fault it's not martials
We have no providers

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He just need to make the diagonal runs often. Probably get a piece of advice from Lingard?

AshRK

People have to understand , blaming our number 9 must be stopped. They are getting SHIT service. Mata as always cannot put one good cross. We need to buy mahrez and get some positivity

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He doesn't have it.

The only thing he has are fans with blinkers and excuses right now.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He started terribly but improved a lot with hold-up play and dribbling. Probably the biggest threat as the half ended.

god_of_football

He just need to make the diagonal runs often. Probably get a piece of advice from Lingard?
Almost all our players can't play a pass over the top for players making diagonal runs. It's a waste of energy and gets me crazy when someone makes runs and the player on the ball just fecking plays a simple pass

Status
Not open for further replies.