6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbenger

I've had it. He can move on and showcase his talent for a manager that respects attacking players of his ilk. It's so frustrating to see such a talented player rot on the bench every game.

For those who think he hasn't been mistreated. Just fecking see from the very first day.
- Humiliates Carvajal in a friendly against Real Madrid.
- Does not start the super cup game in the coming weeks

It's scandalous how Mourinho has treated him and I can't wait to quote the posts when he leaves and humiliates defenders with his world class attacking attributes.
He did not just humiliate Carvajal, he set up a lovely goal for Lingard.

Martial did not even come on as a sub in that super cup match if I remember things correctly. Only Jose minions can justify such a stupid decision. Carvajal must have been dreading to see him on the pitch.

Well if anything, that match showed us a glimpse of what was to come. Martial ended up starting the season behind an inferior player in Rashford.

Another thing I have noticed was the time in matches when Jose was bringing in Martial as a sub in the beginning of the season. Martial has to do so much with such little time. When he was trying to win his place and was rotating with Rashford, Mourinho was bringing him on as late as possible. You can take a look at the average match time when he coming on earlier in the season. Rashford never suffered such treatment.

For no justifiable reason, Rashford is also far more likely to come on as sub when both of them are not playing. Funny enough, Rashford delivers far more shit performances even as a sub and it’s all good and forgotten.

In fact, in Mourinho first season, I can remember him leaving Martial completely out of match day squads. Martial was not on fire then but he was not totally shit or acting detrimental to the teams success. People just have such short memories here.

I can go on and on to give you many examples of Mourinho mistreating him. If anybody tells you Jose has treated Martial fairly, that person is either completely deluded or simply enjoys telling lies.

JK-27

Utd launched the 2018/19 third kit this morning, and Martial is included in the advertising campaign. Bit weird for them to do that if they know he won't be here next season. You don't see Blind, Darmian, Fellaini in the campaign.

T A

Utd launched the 2018/19 third kit this morning, and Martial is included in the advertising campaign. Bit weird for them to do that if they know he won't be here next season. You don't see Blind, Darmian, Fellaini in the campaign.
Rooney last year was even main model in the middle of all our media posters when we launched kit promo for current season but he still ended up joining Everton so basically it doesnt mean much

OldTrevil

Martial needs to improve this, that, yada yada yada, while in same time some can suck donkey balls, look clueless most of time, or in best case scenario look not better then Martial and yet they can not be moved with a fork lift from first XI, feck that.
Exactly. The bar is set so high for Martial, which I have no problem with as I rate him very highly. You would expect, especially given his age, that those same people (Mourinho being number 1) would want him to get a good run in the team to reach his highs but it only takes a coupe of unsuccessful through balls for the pitch forks to come out.

Roboc7

Martial would be stupid to stay and we need someone who can play on the right so I think Jose will be desperate to get rid and bring in Willian.

It’s a shame because he is potentially a very good player but much like Luke Shaw he is never going to reach that potential under Mourinho and best for everyone to just move on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Based on his game against Brighton, Martial wouldn't have made any impact last night. Problem was the tactics, not the players.
But based on his game against Arsenal, he wouldve made all the difference. Goes both ways.

ZombieFootball

I remember before the Brighton game Mou got asked about the position of Rashford and Martial and he said they will both play in attack and be given freedom, and while Rashford plays striker Martial is down tracking opposition winger in hes own box.

A striker needs to be good at holding up the ball, strong enough to hold off players, good in tight spaces and have a killer instinct, Rashford has nothing of that while Martial checks all those qualities, and the only time he has played striker for us this season was against Everton away, where we actually played some good football on the floor, go figure.

Silas

What a silly comment:wenger:
Everything is speculation when it come to trying to work out why a player is not playing unless the manages tells us otherwise!
That's why there is 274 pages with a lot of pages speculating on why Martial is not playing or why Mourinho is picking on Martial.
My points are valid in that we do not know what happens in training which is the vast majority of a footballers time, not just the 90 minutes/sub appeaance that we see a player for.
Sure, that point is fair enough. I took issue with your original point that anyone confused with Rashford coming on instead of Martial was being irrational, because you reckon Rashford tried harder in training. You don't know that either.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably gone either way. Doubt we’ll see him play again after today if he does feature.

Bwuk

I can’t say I’ve been as disappointed at a departure in a long time.

AshRK

I really like him but it is clear he and jose are not made for each other. It is sad but logical for the club and him to part away. Also, high time that crap martial FC dies.

Litch

Was on the cards so not surprised. Crazy how we just can't get a tune out of creative players....

kidbob

Buy back that's all
Only hope of 'buying back' a player is if someone like Janujaz develops all of a sudden. If Martial leaves he'll be gone for good. If he becomes good enough for us to want him again then he'll have other clubs to go to.

We'll regret letting him go eventually unless we can replace him well or someone like Chong makes it to the top level.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Jose specifically mentioned him as one of the starters though.

Everyone else mentioned has started. Until anything to the contrary , I think people are making a molehill out of this.
Could be injured or ill, but the girlfriend in labour rumour is BS basically. Anyway, too much of a coincidence. He was likely to leave this summer anyway, was just hoping hed get a chance to say goodbye. Oh well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like how lots of posters prefer to jump to the conclusion that he's gone before any other circumstances even start getting considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.