6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Am I missing something - the same people reporting he'll look to move on are also saying we offered him an extension, correct? So why isn't that being taken into account, that he's the one choosing not to sign it? Could that be part of the reason why Jose's not including him? If SAF did that with a player who wasn't going to sign, would anyone blink?
Dont think you are far wrong....

PepsiCola

Am I missing something - the same people reporting he'll look to move on are also saying we offered him an extension, correct? So why isn't that being taken into account, that he's the one choosing not to sign it? Could that be part of the reason why Jose's not including him? If SAF did that with a player who wasn't going to sign, would anyone blink?
He's not signing because he's not being given, what he deems, adequate game time. He also has been dropped, unjustly, for a Sanchez who hasn't set the world alight. He isn't given the allowances others are to play through bad patches.

Being left out of the france squad is only going to strengthen his desire to move on.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He was already dropped before the stuff about him not signing it came out. Played no minutes against Swansea or City then the story came out that he rejected the contract.

King.of.Red

Jose seems dont like him. :D well, maybe because there are many rumours about him wanting to leave. he has been average to shit so, I dont care. he needs to improve more. I still want him to stay and become our superstar.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's not signing because he's not being given, what he deems, adequate game time. He also has been dropped, unjustly, for a Sanchez who hasn't set the world alight. He isn't given the allowances others are to play through bad patches.

Being left out of the france squad is only going to strengthen his desire to move on.
My biggest issue with this. It's a travesty that we have tried to bend over backwards for Fellaini and allowed this to happen with Martial.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Jose seems dont like him. :D well, maybe because there are many rumours about him wanting to leave. he has been average to shit so, I dont care. he needs to improve more. I still want him to stay and become our superstar.
Doesn't he have the best minutes to goals ratio out of anyone on our team this year?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He should leave. He's not going to develop under Mourinho. I wouldn't begrudge him leaving for a second. I fully expect him to be brilliant elsewhere.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

He was already dropped before the stuff about him not signing it came out. Played no minutes against Swansea or City then the story came out that he rejected the contract.
Why would Mourinho make the offer if there wasn't any intention to make use of him? That's where it falls apart for me and I view it more as what Martial wants, rather than Mourinho pushing him out of the door. I think "what he deems" is important - this is his career and he can do with it as he sees fit. No argument there. But to say it's unjust is over the top, IMO. That makes it seem like all managers choose their teams "justly" except for Jose, trying to shoehorn this into the narrative that he hates young players and they don't get a fair shake under him.

But that doesn't jibe with the general age of his signings or with the number of minutes he gives to players like Rashford, Lingard, McTominay, etc. I really like Martial and think the best solution would be for the team to work on getting him and Sanchez comfortable on both wings, if possible. If I were him, I'd take the offer of an extension as a sign the manager still wants me as part of his longer-term plans even if I don't fully know those plans yet. But if Martial feels otherwise, I don't see how someone can reasonably blame Mourinho.

Ashish Negi

He is done and gone in summer. Rashford after that horror miss gets chance in this match but Martial can't just because he can't run like headless chicken.

PepsiCola

Shocking tonight. Lazy. Didn't do what mourinho wants. How dare he ask for fair playing time. God damn Martial FC ruining my club.

R'hllor

Martial needs to improve this, that, yada yada yada, while in same time some can suck donkey balls, look clueless most of time, or in best case scenario look not better then Martial and yet they can not be moved with a fork lift from first XI, feck that.

Witchking

Really sad to see a talented football who hasn't started 2 games in a row since the start of the year leave the club because Jose thinks he doesn't offer enough. Hopefully the decision to sell him works in United's favour but i doubt it.

Canagel

If he leaves I'll clap him off. He will start to enjoy his football again at the very least. If it comes back to bite us then so be it. We don't deserve young talents like Martial with Mourinho at the helm. If we were playing another team with Martial in it Mourinho would be making special plans to stop him. He doesn't understand or appreciate attacking talent when he sees it therefore Martial would be better off elsewhere. Will enjoy seeing his progress.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Martial needs to improve this, that, yada yada yada, while in same time some can suck donkey balls, look clueless most of time, or in best case scenario look not better then Martial and yet they can not be moved with a fork lift from first XI, feck that.
Yup. Standard for Martial is basically ballon d'or contender/score every game or bust, while others can be trash and still start.

snk123

I've had it. He can move on and showcase his talent for a manager that respects attacking players of his ilk. It's so frustrating to see such a talented player rot on the bench every game.

For those who think he hasn't been mistreated. Just fecking see from the very first day.
- Humiliates Carvajal in a friendly against Real Madrid.
- Does not start the super cup game in the coming weeks

It's scandalous how Mourinho has treated him and I can't wait to quote the posts when he leaves and humiliates defenders with his world class attacking attributes.

Jam

I've had it. He can move on and showcase his talent for a manager that respects attacking players of his ilk. It's so frustrating to see such a talented player rot on the bench every game.

For those who think he hasn't been mistreated. Just fecking see from the very first day.

It's scandalous how Mourinho has treated him and I can't wait to quote the posts when he leaves and humiliates defenders with his world class attacking attributes.
I get your frustrations but you'd rather rather us sell him than us keep him so he flourishes elsewhere?

Yeah you're a Martial fan not a United fan.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

What first day are you talking about ? Isn't this Jose's second season ?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
One thing's for sure, when he leaves, it'll be a bit more boring on these forums. The guy hasn't played a minute today and his thread gets bumped constantly. It's kind of fun how polarizing he has been since Mourinho took over.

Womp

idiot

I completely understand how you could come to the conclusion that he's treating Martial harshly, but to use his performances in a fecking friendly game as justification is hilarious tbf. Friendly games are purely for fitness, trying new tactics and for the fans.

T A

So sunday game is probably his last here. Came and go like the wind, everything with him is always sudden, isnt it? I still remember his solo goal through Pool defence - the most astonishing debut ever since Fener Roon3y as if it was yesterday. Also his upcoming departure given the great form in January.

I expect some memorable gestures from him towards the stands after Watford match. In the end even our club's official twitter was awared of his media attraction, the first player ever has his own FC, Martial knew he is beloved by millions of United fans. All the best Anthony, OT is gonna miss you a lot

Micky Targaryen

So sunday game is probably his last here. Came and go like the wind, everything with him is always sudden, isnt it? I still remember his solo goal through Pool defence - the most astonishing debut ever since Fener Roon3y as if it was yesterday. Also his upcoming departure given the great form in January.

I expect some memorable gestures from him towards the stands after Watford match. In the end even our club's official twitter was awared of his media attraction, the first player ever has his own FC, Martial knew he is beloved by millions of United fans. All the best Anthony, OT is gonna miss you a lot
1) Most astonishing debut since Rooney? Let's not get overdramatic here. I'd actually rate Macheda's debut higher than Martial's in terms of impact to the season.

2) I actually would expect quite the opposite. Martial's demeanour gives me the feeling that he's not the type to give any "memorable gestures".

3) First FC? What's that? His first football club or do you mean Martial FC on the Caf? :lol:

Having said that, I don't think anyone at the club wants him to leave IMO, just him angling for a move.

Member 90678

Feck knows how he got the nod over Martial.
Just shows how irrational you Martial fc fans are:wenger:.
Perhaps after that horror show by the pair of them and a dressing down, the manager was looking for the right reaction in "training".
We don't see the players attitude and reaction after a loss, the manager does just about every single day and hopefully will get rid of the ones who he can see don't give a toss.
But these things are irrelevant to Martial fc fans because it's all about potential but unfortunately plenty of players have potential but never fulfill it and that is usually down to only 1 person.

T A

1) Most astonishing debut since Rooney? Let's not get overdramatic here. I'd actually rate Macheda's debut higher than Martial's in terms of impact to the season.

2) I actually would expect quite the opposite. Martial's demeanour gives me the feeling that he's not the type to give any "memorable gestures".

3) First FC? What's that? His first football club or do you mean Martial FC on the Caf? :lol:

Having said that, I don't think anyone at the club wants him to leave IMO, just him angling for a move.
1. As if Aston Villa was ever at Pool level
2. That's your agenda, Martial hates Jose, not the fans

Janson

If he leaves I'll clap him off. He will start to enjoy his football again at the very least. If it comes back to bite us then so be it. We don't deserve young talents like Martial with Mourinho at the helm. If we were playing another team with Martial in it Mourinho would be making special plans to stop him. He doesn't understand or appreciate attacking talent when he sees it therefore Martial would be better off elsewhere. Will enjoy seeing his progress.
Sure he would.

Last edited:

Silas

Just shows how irrational you Martial fc fans are:wenger:.
Perhaps after that horror show by the pair of them and a dressing down, the manager was looking for the right reaction in "training".
We don't see the players attitude and reaction after a loss, the manager does just about every single day and hopefully will get rid of the ones who he can see don't give a toss.
But these things are irrelevant to Martial fc fans because it's all about potential but unfortunately plenty of players have potential but never fulfill it and that is usually down to only 1 person.
This is pure speculation.

Member 90678

This is pure speculation.
What a silly comment:wenger:
Everything is speculation when it come to trying to work out why a player is not playing unless the manages tells us otherwise!
That's why there is 274 pages with a lot of pages speculating on why Martial is not playing or why Mourinho is picking on Martial.
My points are valid in that we do not know what happens in training which is the vast majority of a footballers time, not just the 90 minutes/sub appeaance that we see a player for.

Andersons Dietician

I agree with your statement about Jose probably looked for a reaction in training and maybe Rashford was the one that gave it.
Horror show tho, admittedly Rashford wasn’t great and it was magnified by him not making that pass. Personally felt that Martial however did a lot of good things and the right things without over exaggerating how well he did. Made a lot of passes, moved in to good areas, tried to set up people and took the actual game to them. Rashford deserves criticism sure, but really I think Jose’s ire was directed at the wrong place and should have been at the likes of Mata, Matic, Pogba, Young and Darmian before those 2.

pascell

1. As if Aston Villa was ever at Pool level
2. That's your agenda, Martial hates Jose, not the fans
In terms of overall importance, that Macheda goal vs Villa is much, much higher in importance than Martials vs L'pool. In fairness, one goal was at the beginning of a season, the other at the end, Machedas goal basically won the league for us and Martials helped us get 3 points vs L'pool.

snk123

I get your frustrations but you'd rather rather us sell him than us keep him so he flourishes elsewhere?

Yeah you're a Martial fan not a United fan.
So you're trying to call me Martial FC now? I would prefer we keep him at all costs. But if he were to leave for some other league where he's not in direct competition with us, I would love to see him show his ability which many doubt.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
So you're trying to call me Martial FC now? I would prefer we keep him at all costs. But if he were to leave for some other league where he's not in direct competition with us, I would love to see him show his ability which many doubt.
I don't think many doubt his ability - it's his desire/motivation/attitude that lacks.

snk123

I completely understand how you could come to the conclusion that he's treating Martial harshly, but to use his performances in a fecking friendly game as justification is hilarious tbf. Friendly games are purely for fitness, trying new tactics and for the fans.
I'm just giving an example - friendly games before the season are for trying tactics to use in actual games like the SuperCup - So when a player performs in a friendly/preseason, he deserves to start the first few games of the season. Regardless, It's been going on since the very first day Mourinho came to the club (1st season) and then carried off to the second season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think many doubt his ability - it's his desire/motivation/attitude that lacks.
Im not convinced he lacks those. I actually think he has shown a lot of it. His first season, coming back this season after last seasons setback also. My thinking is that mentally he may be done at United (which can look like a person without desire)

T A

In terms of overall importance, that Macheda goal vs Villa is much, much higher in importance than Martials vs L'pool. In fairness, one goal was at the beginning of a season, the other at the end, Machedas goal basically won the league for us and Martials helped us get 3 points vs L'pool.
Okay i get it. When i talk about level that is not only quality or fame of the team but also including history rivalry, the bigger opponent is, the more difficult the goal will be to score, then rivalry makes it even more emotional. That's why i rate a goal against Pool higher than the one vs Villa. In term of technique, Martial's goal required both dribbling and shooting skills when he took the ball from the far left, ripped through Pool defence in a cogested area before netting the goal to the far post. Not to mention at that moment Martial was under heavy pressure of his transfer fee.

However if we follow to your point of view then there is nothing wrong too. It's simply individual emotion depending on many factors and everyone has their own favourite. So my post above should be "for me, martial's goal..."

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
First of all, it's hilarious that the "Martial FC" term has become so popular just because some people rate the player and believe he could help the club. I think it should be easy to understand the contradiction behind it.
Second of all, those opposing the so called "Martial FC" fans claim he's lazy and lacks work ethic, yet also claim one can't criticize Mourinho for his decision making because we don't know what's happening in training. That's contradicting itself as well. You can't accuse a player of not having a good work ethic, yet claim we don't know what's happening in training.

What can be pointed out is how many chances some players receive over others. What can also be pointed out is performances on the pitch. That should be the measuring stick.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't know how anyone can watch last night's game and think letting Martial go is a good idea.

Under LVG the only time any exciting attacking play happened was when he was on the pitch. We're barely any better now.

JK-27

I don't know how anyone can watch last night's game and think letting Martial go is a good idea.

Under LVG the only time any exciting attacking play happened was when he was on the pitch. We're barely any better now.
Based on his game against Brighton, Martial wouldn't have made any impact last night. Problem was the tactics, not the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.