Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rumour brewing about a Rose plus cash deal for him in the summer. How would you guys feel about that if it happened? Personally I'd be f'ing delighted
Article the other day said Rose is no longer an option and he's being targeted by Everton now, we seem to have our sights on either Tierney/Sandro, Castles actually said we're looking to wrap up a deal for Sandro soon. There's 0 chance we'd sell you Martial unless we were getting someone worthwhile in return.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm not even upset if he goes. The talent is there but his attitude needs work. Maybe he needs to move away to get that going.

el3mel

The guy is confirmed injured. Why is this thread more active than the other players who played today ?

Lebo

Martial is the player we desperately need to keep. But equally he is a player who should be desperate to leave. The guy can get the same if not more gametime at barca, real , Bayern etc.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There isn't. Martial FC think (or one poster in here) thinks he was 'sent' home - no proof of that though.
Was Jose asked in his post-match presser?
Just seems weird that you got your cards marked for posting a tweet about him putting in a transfer request (which turns out to be be bollox but you at least provided your source) when we’ve seen a few posts from @Damien and others saying Martial was “sent home” before the game, based on apparently no evidence whatsoever.

If he really was sent home before the season finisher that’s a big deal. Ditto if he was expected to turn up - despite being injured - but chose not to. Seems important to get our facts straight on this.

Last edited:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
People thinking he'd be getting game time and improving at a different club of the same status are kidding themselves. They have better performers.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There isn't. Martial FC think (or one poster in here) thinks he was 'sent' home - no proof of that though.
Was Jose asked in his post-match presser?
Get fecked.

Just seems weird that you got your cards marked for posting a tweet about him putting in a transfer request (which turns out to be be bollox but you at least provided your source) when we’ve seen a few posts from @Damien and others saying Martial was “sent home” before the game, based on apparently no evidence whatsoever.
MEN reporter posted on twitter that he left Old Trafford around 12ish. I was wrong to use the words sent home but I assumed it was a mutual decision. If Martial just upped and left of his own accord, surely Mourinho would have said something rather than just this?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
MEN reporter posted on twitter that he left Old Trafford around 12ish. I was wrong to use the words sent home but I assumed it was a mutual decision. If Martial just upped and left of his own accord, surely Mourinho would have said something rather than just this?

Ok, so someone said he left at 12pm. Are they reliable? It’s an odd thing to happen. I’m also confused by the tweet I just posted, assuming it was posted straight after the photo was taken.

Damien

Staff
Ok, so someone said he left at 12pm. Are they reliable? It’s an odd thing to happen. I’m also confused by the tweet I just posted, assuming it was posted straight after the photo was taken.

There are the tweets. Depends what you mean by reliable but Mourinho seemingly corroborated what they said.

Damien

Staff
That would be much more plausible. And reassuring.
Yeah, again it is just assumptions but from the tweets and what Mourinho said he had treatment then went home to get sorted out and returned. Don't know why he wasn't seen after the match if true (I've not been able to see post-match coverage).

Much better to just be calm than automatically assume the worst of someone a la @Plonker. Same applies for anti-Mourinho sentiments like people thinking Mourinho purposely left Martial out to push him out of the club.

Where do they say he was sent home?
Read what I said here:
I was wrong to use the words sent home but I assumed it was a mutual decision.
and from the tweet Pogue posted he came back to Old Trafford.

Member 5225

Anyways the last couple of pages sums up why I feel the way I do about Martial.
He hasn't pulled his weight, he hasn't set anything alight thus far. Everything seems to be a drag and just painful.

Imagine playing for Man United, having a slight pull and not even wanting to hang around for the final day (at home) to applaud fans and be with your team mates*

*unless he was 'sent' home ofcourse of which we have no proof.

Ofcourse we all WANT him to do well, we're United fans and he's a United player, goes without saying. But he really really needs to pull up his socks and make it easy for us (and mainly the coach) to dig in deep and it seems he's not. He's talented, no one is doubting that for a second, but so was Nani...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Only in this thread can there be such a big deal over a player that was ruled out of a game due to injury.

Some tried to paint it as Martial being singled out, others try to shame him for not fighting through it. Is it really that big a deal?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Jose seemed to rubbish reports Martial is unhappy when speaking to Sky

Decomposing In Paris

There is no way on the last home game of the season that mourhinio would have sent home an injured player!
Perhaps it shows what martial thinks of the fans and the club he plays for that he didn't want to stay to thank the fans:mad:
Hopefully some other reasons will come out but at the moment it seems pretty pathetic!
Perhaps there was an important personal issue that he needed to attend to (possibly involving his pregnant partner) and he wouldn't want it to be discussed by millions of strangers? If he had an injury, then he couldn't help our cause, and there are more important things than keeping up appearances.

borrays

Yeah lets get rid...

Tell me a player who could do well in that LW role Jose plays? he's expected to not only attack but double up in defence, we may as well play 2 fecking left backs its wank tactics that's ruining these players.

Martial will go on and be a top player, he'd probably do well to get out tbh hes wasted here under Jose.
yeah tell that to Lorey Sane. a wide player who works his bollocks off up and down the pitch for City. beside since when wingers being asked to track back bcome such issue to this club? Giggsy used to do it, Beckham used to do it. infact if you read SAF's book he mentioned the reason why United were so succesfull was bcause he able to made work class players to work like horses.
and question for you, Martial is still relatively young why CANT he try to learn to play on the right position, where we basically struggle there?

borrays

Yeah lets get rid...

Tell me a player who could do well in that LW role Jose plays? he's expected to not only attack but double up in defence, we may as well play 2 fecking left backs its wank tactics that's ruining these players.

Martial will go on and be a top player, he'd probably do well to get out tbh hes wasted here under Jose.
yeah tell that to Lorey Sane. a wide player who works his bollocks off up and down the pitch for City. beside since when wingers being asked to track back bcome such issue to this club? Giggsy used to do it, Beckham used to do it. infact if you read SAF's book he mentioned the reason why United were so succesfull was bcause he able to made work class players to work like horses.
and question for you, Martial is still relatively young why CANT he try to learn to play on the right position, where we basically struggle there?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't believe he is injured.
Yes MUTV, Jose and his cousin are all lying. He didn't play because he is set to leave in the window. I'm just looking forward to see Blind and Darmian in the squad for next season, because anyone who didn't play today is sold for next season and anyone who played is staying. That's how it works.

This thread is absolute gutter.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anyways the last couple of pages sums up why I feel the way I do about Martial.
He hasn't pulled his weight, he hasn't set anything alight thus far. Everything seems to be a drag and just painful.

Imagine playing for Man United, having a slight pull and not even wanting to hang around for the final day (at home) to applaud fans and be with your team mates*

*unless he was 'sent' home ofcourse of which we have no proof.

Ofcourse we all WANT him to do well, we're United fans and he's a United player, goes without saying. But he really really needs to pull up his socks and make it easy for us (and mainly the coach) to dig in deep and it seems he's not. He's talented, no one is doubting that for a second, but so was Nani...
And then there's this post. According to Jose, he has a problem with his knee. It's best to take precautions. People overreact a lot when it comes to Martial.

RedNed77

He declared himself injured on the morning of the game he was due to play up front with Rashford. the Friday thing is Jose covering for the player. He’s going to Juve in the summer, Jose hates him apparently.

I can’t name the source (it’s one of the players, who I know via a close friend of his) and I don’t care whether anybody believes me.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes MUTV, Jose and his cousin are all lying. He didn't play because he is set to leave in the window. I'm just looking forward to see Blind and Darmian in the squad for next season, because anyone who didn't play today is sold for next season and anyone who played is staying. That's how it works.

This thread is absolute gutter.
Agreed, it's all over the place. The minute I saw that he wasn't in the squad yesterday I knew this thread would go into overdrive.

jungledrums

He declared himself injured on the morning of the game he was due to play up front with Rashford. the Friday thing is Jose covering for the player. He’s going to Juve in the summer, Jose hates him apparently.

I can’t name the source (it’s one of the players, who I know via a close friend of his) and I don’t care whether anybody believes me.
:lol:

Alabaster Codify7

He's gone, 100% in my eyes.
Hopefully it's not to a PL rival. I wouldn't be too thrilled about a Willian swap and I don't particularly rate Martial as highly as some.....I just feel it would smack of short-term thinking.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It was the most irrelevant game all season and people complained about Martial not playing because He's injured.

FahadiHossein

Does anyone know how much United paid for him so far?

United was supposed to be paying him 50 million pounds with add-ons. I know United paid Monaco 10 million around last year, and judging from his performances so far, United won't be paying Monaco anything close to 50 million in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.