Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Kudos to Mourinho for giving him the start his off the bench performances have deserved. Here's to hoping he grabs the chance with both hands.
Yup fair play to him but he better grab his chances now.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Needs to get more of the ball. Looks a threat every time he has the ball.

InfiniteBoredom

Probably been our biggest threat. He's roaming around a lot more, asking for the ball more. Good to see but we need some better end product from him in the second half.
It's obviously tactical. He's always looking for the layoff instead of his trademark turning inside and shooting.

I think he should mix it up though, keep them guessing.

Akshay

Staff
Happy to see him moving around and demanding the ball but hasn't been very productive with it. Keeps running into dead end alleys with multiple defenders. Think he would be a lot more effective if Blind could provide better support, though.

Vaibhav Raj

Don't flatter yourself, you sound like exactly what I implied, someone who's eaten up enough bs of the self proclaimed experts. Martial doesn't just do cut back assists, you keep showing yourself up. You don't even need to watch full games, just look at the highlights I quoted a few posts back and you will see many different types of assists and chances created. Martial does have the vision and passing range of Mata and Mkhi on top of his other traits. He is very capable of reverse passes, through balls, over the top balls short and long etc. The Martial game you mention is the one constantly spewed by those talking heads who incidentally mostly watch his highlights. He is a very accomplished attacking player, both as a creative and a finisher. He's not just a dribbler, speedster and finisher. His creative game is massively underrated mainly because his other attacking game is top notch and the most eye catching but its laughable as a united fan to ignore it or believe it doesn't exist because some media said so. The only thing thats settled for me is the sad fact that you know very little about one of our most talented players.
Yes. His amazing vision is on display right now every time he is dropping deep, picking up the ball and the losing it via either dribbling a bit too much or picking the most obvious of passes that defenders are cutting out. You accused of forming my opinions based off of highlights and then suggest me to go watch Martial's highlights as a means to justify your claim? Do you have braincells?! Do you type a statement and then forget what you just typed?

To say that Martial has the same vision and passing abilities in itself is a proof that my right knee probably has more footballing knowledge than your brain. I sure do feel like an expert now. Thanks a ton.

Edit: and our most talented player is Paul Pogba.

Last edited:

Vaibhav Raj

Probably been our biggest threat. He's roaming around a lot more, asking for the ball more. Good to see but we need some better end product from him in the second half.
He needs to stop roaming around and stick to his position. He is crowding out the middle and isn't picking good passes. His good moments have come when he's kept it simple and stayed in his position.

Drainy

He has played well- really improved on a number of the areas he could be criticised for. Just needs a competent left back to create more space for him.

Kazi

Rashford makes much better runs as a wing forward and looks more likely to make things happen. Martial is the better finisher though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Had a good game.
I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with that.
Should have had 2/3 assists.

E-mal

This endless debate about Martial and Rashford seems not to end. We have both, let's enjoy.
TThey bring different things to the team.

Andersons Dietician

If I could change one thing about Martial it would be that he make more off the ball runs in to space. Wants it to feet too often, he'd be incredible if on occasion he'd just ask for it inbehind.

Actually another thing, more selfishness or more desire to score. Checks out of a lot of attacks to cover for others other than getting himself in and around the box. Bugs my happiness to see him covering for Blind and beckoning him forward in to the box or even Mata or Miki. He should have more desire to score.

InfiniteBoredom

On another day he could've had two assists. Fine margins.

There is very little he did wrong today. Hope Jose wont bench him again.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Won us a penalty and continuously looked threatening. The fact that he isn't going on an international break also favors him as compared to Rashford. Although I'm of the opinion that Martial-Mkhitaryan-Rashford should start behind Lukaku.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Did well today. Should have had an assist for that Pogba miss.

FromTheBench

Start both and drop Mata.

He has been the weak link.if anything but he isn't great of the bench.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
What I find strange is how people can say that he is miles ahead of Rashford. And people act as if it's clear too. Very little between the two. They will both shine at times and struggle during others.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
What I am wondering is, will they be interchanging on the left the whole season, or at some point will Jose try to fit them both in...

Art

Art the artist
His improvement that Jose mentions is clearly visible in today's game. Nicely involved even though he didn't get on the score sheet. More of the same.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Caused just as much havoc but didn't really have any clear goal scoring opportunities. I would still stick with him in the next game and bring on Rasha as a sub.

Walters_19_MuFc

Think he was good today. Was direct when he got the ball, and was forever attacking Leicester's back line. Just want to see him cutting in and shooting a bit more often. He has the ability to do so.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Saw earlier that along with Miki he created the most chances - 4 each.
Just needs to keep working but looked improved. Pity he couldn't get a goal but as long as he stays calm and keeps working, he'll be fine. Was quite happy for Rash when he scored, nice to see as it was last week with Rash being happy for him.

kotha

Good performance today.. Cut inside well.. Gave Blind lots of space.. Needed better crossing from Blind.. Overall much more improved wehen compared to last season and needs to keep this up.. With games coming thick and fast in September I'm sure Rashford and Martial will start enough between them to be happy..

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Impressive performance and was particularly impressed with his decision-making and deliveries from out wide.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had a good game and very unlucky not to have any assists in this game.

MadMike

For me the big change from last season, is that he doesn't get his head down and try to beat everyone all of the time. He looks up more and tries to find team mates with passes and crosses.

He of course still takes players on, that's part of his job after all, but he does it with more moderation.

Jazz

Impressive performance and was particularly impressed with his decision-making and deliveries from out wide.
Have seen this before from him, albeit only occasionally. Does have all kinds of ability the lad..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Played well today. Exactly the same contribution Rashford gave in the first two games.

Rashford came on and gave exactly the same contribution as Martial did in the first two games.

Great rivalry.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Have seen this before from him, albeit only occasionally. Does have all kinds of ability the lad..
Indeed, it would be really fantastic if he could further develop that dimension to his game. There were times during last season where he had the tendency to take on too many defenders and frequently cut in, dribble and take a shot etc, it made him a wee bit too predictable. If he could balance the dual threat of both cutting in and putting in deliveries from wider positions, he'd really be something else.

Silas

What I am wondering is, will they be interchanging on the left the whole season, or at some point will Jose try to fit them both in...
For a couple minutes (before Lingard came on) Marcus was on the right while Tony was on the left. Maybe he's considering it. I'm pretty sure they both started against City in one of the games last season actually.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For me the big change from last season, is that he doesn't get his head down and try to beat everyone all of the time. He looks up more and tries to find team mates with passes and crosses.

He of course still takes players on, that's part of his job after all, but he does it with more moderation.
Staring to add a bit of playmaking to his game.
I've always said, I expect him to develop into a similar player to Ribery, rather than an out and out forward.
Manager's will always want him to see the ball as much as possible.

Jazz

For a couple minutes (before Lingard came on) Marcus was on the right while Tony was on the left. Maybe he's considering it. I'm pretty sure they both started against City in one of the games last season actually.
Would love both to start with Rash on the right as I think he can play there. Anyway, we've got options which is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.