6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Great play today and Rom should have scored from cross. This lad needs a run of games but we haven't worked out who deserves it the most, him or Rashford. It's hard as each time one of them starts, the other does better coming off the bench....

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Again, Mourinho gave him the license to drift around the pitch.
Good sign that he's given him that sort of responsibility.
He did the same with Hazard as he was maturing.

Adisa

Great play today and Rom should have scored from cross. This lad needs a run of games but we haven't worked out who deserves it the most, him or Rashford. It's hard as each time one of them starts, the other does better coming off the bench....
I rate the two at about the same level, but each time I watch them I just have the sense Martial's game is more mature at this stage. He's certainly more consistent technically.
We just have to get them playing together. We would draw fewer games with both on the pitch.

Litch

I rate the two at about the same level, but each time I watch them I just have the sense Martial's game is more mature at this stage. He's certainly more consistent technically.
We just have to get them playing together. We would draw fewer games with both on the pitch.
Agree. Something else I saw different yesterday was Martial slide tackling that player. It was a foul but I thought Jose will like that....

SteveW

Both Rashford and Martial spent some time on the right yesterday. Don't see why we can't play both and let them switch sides.

RooneyLegend

Has to start every game. Give Rashford the subs mins of him and Rom throughout the season. Firstly we can't be keeping a player like him on the bench, way, way too talented for such. Secondly we can't afford to burn out our lead striker who'll probably be the main consistent goal threat. Thirdly, Rashford getting minutes at center forward would do him a world of good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought it was weird that Martial and Mata didn't start. Out of all our attackers, Jose decides to bench those who didn't go on the international break. Weird.
Martial didnt play internationals, Rashford did so why play the player who actually wasnt properly rested, instantly martial made a difference when he came on

Suppose its a long season we can't win them all just a bit gutted as that game was there to be won.
I personally still think Rashford is just the first choice. I'm sure Martial will start sometimes, but I don't buy this whole lottery notion between the two - Rashford is the default setting I think.

Adisa

His productivity despite his lack of minutes has been impressive, definitely looks sharper this season.
Could and should have four more assists to his name this season alone. There's no doubt in my mind he's our most creative player and out best hope of breaking a stubborn defence. We just have to get him start playing him from the start.
On another note, has already created more than half the number of chances he did for the whole of last season.

dichinero

Sometimes I wonder what harm would happen if Martial was given an extended run of games in the starting XI.

Jaybomb

Sometimes I wonder what harm would happen if Martial was given an extended run of games in the starting XI.
Rashford is better.

Martial only looks good when he's coming off the bench to run at tired defenders. As a starter, he's been ineffective since his first season. And FA Cup win aside, we played some desperate football that season.

Jaybomb

Based on what? Rashford is quicker and plays better with Lukaku. He's the future of United and England. He's been having a great season so far.

Martial was ineffective as a starter last time round.

Dobbs

Based on what? Rashford is quicker and plays better with Lukaku. He's the future of United and England. He's been having a great season so far.

Well there's that first season you've dismissed a bit too readily. Constitutes 50% of his time here.

el3mel

That debate between who is better between Martial and Rashford has to really, really stop. It's like we're too gutted we get two excellent young talents in this position and we must destroy one of them for the sake of the other !

Last edited:

ash_86

Great skill to leave the player to dust and was alone on the left wing. Why can't our players give an accurate cross 15 yards out with no pressure? Is that too much to ask from a professional player?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
That debate between who is better between Martial and Rashford has to really, really stop. It'l like we're too gutted we get two excellent young talents in this position and we must destroy one of them for the sake of the other !
No doubt that there are many posters in this thread frothing at the mouth for the opportunity to say 'I told you so' in either direction. United have been average the last few years, so the moment a young player gives hope, they get the weight of the world on their shoulders.

I love watching both of those players play; but it wouldnt surprise me if a few posters don't like it when one gets minutes over the other.

el3mel

No doubt that there are many posters in this thread frothing at the mouth for the opportunity to say 'I told you so' in either direction. United have been average the last few years, so the moment a young player gives hope, they get the weight of the world on their shoulders.

I love watching both of those players play; but it wouldnt surprise me if a few posters don't like it when one gets minutes over the other.
It's strange, right ? Any other club fans will be feeling pleased by having such 2 young talents in this position. We can have the LW position secured for years by this 2 but nope, we should destroy one of them!

RedCurry

If he keeps putting in performances, it's only a matter of time before Rashford, Mata and Mkhi will be fighting for the remaing spots in the attack. Every time he gets the ball out wide, he successfully beats his man. He has issues with decision making but even that seems to be improving this season. I just love watching him play.

Ubermensch

Rashford is better.

Martial only looks good when he's coming off the bench to run at tired defenders. As a starter, he's been ineffective since his first season. And FA Cup win aside, we played some desperate football that season.
Yep that first season where he got 17 goals and 11 assists, well they were all just sub appearances, right? He started against Leicester last game, won a pen and could've nabbed an assist or two so where's this coming from? And why the mention of the quality of our football as if Martial is the coach :lol::houllier:

El-Manos

Did you watch the match? Because your analysis proves otherwise. You also seem to dismiss Martial's first season here which was nothing short of extraordinary.

mu4c_20le

I thought he was invisible in the first half. Blind constantly pushed up and i assume he drifted inside, but did not see much of the ball. Started to come alive in the second half until he got taken off.

Womp

idiot
Must have been watching a different game to me. Barely noticed he was even playing. Offers absolutely feck all if the ball isn't played into his feet, so frustrating.

The World's best talents offer movement, look at Neymar's goal for PSG. Needs to add that to his game. If we could fuse Rashford and Martial, we'd have one of the World's best.

el3mel

His off ball movement is non existent and that what makes him invisible when the ball isn't playing on his flank. I don't think this will improve so I made peace with it. However, every time he got the ball he beat their back easily.

To get the best of him we should continuously feed him with balls on the flank and isolate him with their back as much as possible. His dribbling ans skills in 1 vs 1 situation is excellent. His movement on the pitch is just not that good but we can overlook this problem if we played to his strength.

Vanya

His ability to take players on pulls defenders towards him and creates space for Mkhi and Mata in the half space. Looked dangerous throughout imo, but was defensively poor in the second half. Needs to keep working hard for 90 mins rather than 60 mins.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was alright, I felt. He doesn't involve himself enough, but at the same time we're too reliant on pinging the ball to our right back at every opportunity.

Bwuk

Blind doesn't have the legs to get forward and consistently support him. Every time Martial went past the wing back he had to try and beat the right CB as he had no option wide for him.

Martial was very good. I wonder when Jose will be tempted to play him and Rashford.

Womp

idiot
He was alright, I felt. He doesn't involve himself enough, but at the same time we're too reliant on pinging the ball to our right back at every opportunity.
That's usually because our right side seems to be the only players who ever find themselves in any sort of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.