6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

There's no point wasting my time with some of you lot. You'll always create a negative from a positive. It's just easier to laugh.
And yet they you are attracted to our every post like a…nvm the analogy you get the picture.

When someone raises a genuine concern for our arguably most talented player's future at our great club, you're always there to mock and deflect it, yet by your own admission you don't have time to waste.

Looks a bit odd, seems that you're conflicted with yourself.

Womp

idiot
And yet they you are attracted to our every post like a…nvm the analogy you get the picture.

When someone raises a genuine concern for our arguably most talented player's future at our great club, you're always there to mock and deflect it, yet by your own admission you don't have time to waste.

Looks a bit odd, seems that you're conflicted with yourself.
He's not

Fracture90

Hence the arguably from my part, because it's a hard pick between him and Pogba.

But considering you are you, wouldn't be surprised if you have Rashford, Lingard, Pereira, Tuanzebe and pretty much every player in ahead of him.

Womp

idiot
Hence the arguably from my part, because it's a hard pick between him and Pogba.

But considering you are you, wouldn't be surprised if you have Rashford, Lingard, Pereira, Tuanzebe and pretty much every player in ahead of him.
Yes, I am me. Just because I'm not convinced Martial is the greatest thing to ever happen to this club and is miles ahead of everyone else in our team, whilst being a sure thing Ballon D'or winner, like most others in this thread, I'm a hater. Pogba is more talented, more established, De Gea is more talented, I'd even argue Bailly has just as high a ceiling, if not higher in his respective position.

He's more talented than Rashford, but the difference is minimal. Definitely nowhere near as big as some on here would have you believe.

There's people comparing him to Henry and Ronaldo ffs, this place seems to lose all common sense whenever Martial is involved. He'd do well to become half the player Henry or Ronaldo is/was.

I like the kid, he's a top talent and am excited for his future - but I don't need to get ahead of myself and over exaggerate everything to do with him to convey that.

Last edited:

SteveW

I would say I hope he does well tonight and nails down a starting position but I really don't think it makes any difference how well he plays.

Dobbs

I don't even really think it's arguable tbh. You'd be hard done finding many people would prefer Martial over Pogba, United fan or not.
That's not what Fracture90 said though. Obviously Pogba is that bit older, his game is further down the line, so you'd obviously take him right now. Fracture90 talked about Martials talent possibly being greater. Two different things.

Important not to misrepresent the opinion of others. Similarly when Fracture said he's arguably our most talented player you exaggerated it into:

Just because I'm not convinced Martial is the greatest thing to ever happen to this club and is miles ahead of everyone else in our team, whilst being a sure thing Ballon D'or winner, like most others in this thread, I'm a hater.
As well as dallying with self pity that point has nothing to do with what Fracture said.

Womp

idiot
That's not what Fracture90 said though. Obviously Pogba is that bit older, his game is further down the line, so you'd obviously take him right now. Fracture90 talked about Martials talent possibly being greater. Two different things.

Important not to misrepresent the opinion of others. Similarly when Fracture said he's arguably our most talented player you exaggerated it into:

As well as dallying with self pity that point has nothing to do with what Fracture said.
In regards to talent, you'd still be hard done finding anyone who'd prefer Martial. Pogba has much more to his game, can basically do everything and has the potential to be one of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game. He's had the raw skills to do just about everything from a young age. People seem to think talent is only measured by someone's ability to dribble, more to the game than that. Hatem Ben Arfa says hi. Pogba being more talented doesn't even have to do with his experience, he just has more tools in his kit, that simple for me. DDG is also more talented than Martial.

Martial may well go onto becoming a top player, in fact I won't doubt it, but he's not our most talented player, that's just how I see it. Not even arguable for me.

Now if we're discussing who is the best natural dribbler in the squad, fair enough, Martial is probably streets ahead of anyone else in the squad. Talent from a general perspective, taking everything into account? Not for me.

Last edited:

Fracture90

Yes, I am me. Just because I'm not convinced Martial is the greatest thing to ever happen to this club and is miles ahead of everyone else in our team, whilst being a sure thing Ballon D'or winner, like most others in this thread, I'm a hater. Pogba is more talented, more established, De Gea is more talented, I'd even argue Bailly has just as high a ceiling, if not higher in his respective position.

He's more talented than Rashford, but the difference is minimal. Definitely nowhere near as big as some on here would have you believe.

There's people comparing him to Henry and Ronaldo ffs, this place seems to lose all common sense whenever Martial is involved. He'd do well to become half the player Henry or Ronaldo is/was.

I like the kid, he's a top talent and am excited for his future - but I don't need to get ahead of myself and over exaggerate everything to do with him to convey that.
And who's presenting Martial to be the greatest thing to have ever happened to us?

Seriously you're fighting an imaginary fight on this one. Pogba only has his level of talent imo, Bailly is also immensely talented but not quite on Martial's level and I'm pretty sure if Martial gets the run of games Bailly enjoys, he will show much more.

De Gea is almost 27, jeez he's established and accomplished GK already, but I don't think his more talented than Martial and guess what he only got this good because he was getting the run of games when he was poor when SAF first brought him.

World class talents need run of games when they're playing good (sometimes even when they arent), in order to develop further, if you can't acknowledge that then your lacking in football understanding.

Andersons Dietician

Rashford is quicker. Rashford is more explosive. Better with the dead ball. Better work ethic. Better off the ball runs and movement. Martial is the better dribbler and finisher. That does not make him the better attacker and certainly does not make him a better fit for the LW/LF role.

Mourinho has seen Martial play last season. Seen him in training. After all this people still want to make out that Rashford starts ahead of Martial because he is simply 'better defensively'. It's bullshit mate. Not only did Rashford score the opener against Leicester when they were both on the pitch, but midweek against Burton, Rashford scored twice and assisted another in his 60 minutes anyway.

Still we get this crap about Martial being the better attacker. Its horse shit. For the record, Rashford absolutely can drive into the opposition box. All this revisionist shite as if Martial hasn't had games where his favoured movement with the ball at his feet dancing inside has not come off and he has been poor. As time goes on people are trying to downplay Rashford's attacking contribution and over hyping Martial's. Even after us being top of the league. It's ludicrous.
Is Rashford quicker? Martials top speed reached from his first season is faster than anything Rashford has registered that I can find. Speed one gets to it not sure. Martial looks like the more elegant runner as in he is going some without looking like he is really even traveling and I'd say that in my experience that means you're fast.

MeUnited

And who's presenting Martial to be the greatest thing to have ever happened to us?

Seriously you're fighting an imaginary fight on this one. Pogba only has his level of talent imo, Bailly is also immensely talented but not quite on Martial's level and I'm pretty sure if Martial gets the run of games Bailly enjoys, he will show much more.

De Gea is almost 27, jeez he's established and accomplished GK already, but I don't think his more talented than Martial and guess what he only got this good because he was getting the run of games when he was poor when SAF first brought him.

World class talents need run of games when they're playing good (sometimes even when they arent), in order to develop further, if you can't acknowledge that then your lacking in football understanding.
World class talents might also need to demonstrate more than one nice run every three or four games. He still gives the ball away a fair bit (simple passes going awry, not the difficult stuff), makes very little movements, doesn't position himself well to set-up a run at defenders. He's got potential, but when he starts it's not like he plays himself into the XI for the next game, he's usually quiet for 60 minutes then gets hooked off. FWIW, I think he's got more potential than Rashford and is better than Rashford, I think Martial could be world class, I don't think Rashford will ever be.

Dobbs

In regards to talent, you'd still be hard done finding anyone who'd prefer Martial. Pogba has much more to his game, can basically do everything and has the potential to be one of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game. He's had the raw skills to do just about everything from a young age. People seem to think talent is only measured by someone's ability to dribble, more to the game than that. Hatem Ben Arfa says hi. Pogba being more talented doesn't even have to do with his experience, he just has more tools in his kit, that simple for me. DDG is also more talented than Martial.

Martial may well go onto becoming a top player, in fact I won't doubt it, but he's not our most talented player, that's just how I see it. Not even arguable for me.

Now if we're discussing who is the best natural dribbler in the squad, fair enough, Martial is probably streets ahead of anyone else in the squad. Talent from a general perspective, taking everything into account? Not for me.
Yeah and again that's why Fracture90 said arguably. He didn't state it as fact.

It's difficult to be objective about who has the most talent out of the two because it's hard to not compare the Pogba of today to the Martial of today. If you were to look at the two at 19 I think Martial is the better player. Can he progress like Pogba has? We'll see.

You're right there's obviously more to the game than dribbling but I think you're underestimating other posters if you think that's all they can see.

In addition dribbling ability is really important. It's the hardest thing to do, the rarest quality and the best thing to watch. Look at the greatest players of all time, look at the top five, all players who could dribble and beat men. That's no coincidence.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This place will erupt if he doesn't start tonight.
He was always going to start tonight to be fair.

Would have preferred to see him in a slightly more offensive set up, but it's over to him now and he still has to take his chance to force his way into the team, if it is indeed that.

RedCurry

He was always going to start tonight to be fair.

Would have preferred to see him in a slightly more offensive set up, but it's over to him now and he still has to take his chance to force his way into the team, if it is indeed that.
It's not overly attacking side. But this gives him the opportunity to run the game for us, centrally. There will be width provided by Blind and Young so he can pick up the ball centrally and drive at the defenders similar to the way he did in the second half against Burton. I am expecting a big performance from him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
2015 vs CSKA. Our team has really transformed since then.

Wow I didn't remember much about this game beside the Martial silly handball and his header goal but my word, he was pretty awful in this game from watching this video.

Continually failed to beat his full back and got dispossessed a lot(Miki level bad). He must have had a pretty bad night. Though he managed to score, at least that's something.

Only managed to watch 5 minutes of that video and couldn't go any further.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's not overly attacking side. But this gives him the opportunity to run the game for us, centrally. There will be width provided by Blind and Young so he can pick up the ball centrally and drive at the defenders similar to the way he did in the second half against Burton. I am expecting a big performance from him.
Yeah the good news is that he get to play more centrally in this game which means he'll get on the ball a lot more.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think he'll have a good game tonight but hopefully I'll be wrong. Quite a defensive side.
Yea I agree. Still, if we have control of the game, I think there are enough good footballers in close proximity for him to show his stuff.

Also, he simply has to step up. He can't afford to play badly at the moment, and even if not ideal, this is the chance he has to take.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I don't think he'll have a good game tonight but hopefully I'll be wrong. Quite a defensive side.
Yeah it'll be tough for him with the way we've set up and I'm sure the intention today isn't going all out attack. At least he get to play more centrally out of this.

Really hoping he has a brilliant game to force Mourinho to finally start him in non thrown away consecutive games(his consecutive starts in the league toward the end of the season doesn't mean much because of our priorities lying in Europa by that stage).

A good game alone won't get him in the starting line up against Palace, he needs to be dazzle.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yea I agree. Still, if we have control of the game, I think there are enough good footballers in close proximity for him to show his stuff.

Also, he simply has to step up. He can't afford to play badly at the moment, and even if not ideal, this is the chance he has to take.
Martial has been consistently on form so far this season and hasn't really played badly.

The problem though is that he needs to have a brilliant game to have a chance of starting against Palace. A good game alone can only guaranty him the bench. He better hope things just go his way and we have enough control in the game to allow him to get on the ball as often as possible.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Martial has been consistently on form so far this season and hasn't really played badly.

The problem though is that he needs to have a brilliant game to have a chance of starting against Palace. A good game alone can only guaranty him the bench. He better hope things just go his way and we have enough control in the game to allow him to get on the ball as often as possible.
No matter how well he performs I can't see him starting. Would probably be the difference between 20 mins and 5 mins though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No matter how well he performs I can't see him starting. Would probably be the difference between 20 mins and 5 mins though.
He would need a hat trick or something, at which point it will really start looking ridiculous to keep marginalising him. That said, he will likely be a sub, although it wouldn't surprise me to see both he and Rashford start against Palace.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't really see why he can't have a good game. 343 is a decent set up. Only way is if he doesn't see the ball because we're parking the bus.

AshRK

Very happy for him to start tonight. It's great to see jose trusts him more than Lingard. Hopefully he has a great game.

Siorac

Very happy for him to start tonight. It's great to see jose trusts him more than Lingard. Hopefully he has a great game.
Well, yes, it's reassuring to see that the manager is not utterly insane.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You're probably right but if he puts in some goals + a dazzling performance(hard to pull off the way we've set up) then it'll be hard for Mourinho to ignore.

Is Palace a home or away game? If it's a home game then his chances of starting increase a bit, of course this is going with the scenario where Martial runs completely rampant on CSKA tonight.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

IMO he's got no chance to start against Palace even if he scored five goals today but it will impact his future status.

fellaini's barber

He would need a hat trick or something, at which point it will really start looking ridiculous to keep marginalising him. That said, he will likely be a sub, although it wouldn't surprise me to see both he and Rashford start against Palace.
Why should he be the only person who needs to score a hatrick to get picked though

Status
Not open for further replies.