6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggs86

Was decent in the first half but nowhere near to being good enough. The way he jogged/walked off the pitch when substituted while we were 1-1 tells everything about his lack of urgency and being a bit of a lazy-ass in general.

Hope he had a good look at Willian on the other side because that is exactly what's expected from him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was decent in the first half but nowhere near to being good enough. The way he jogged/walked off the pitch when substituted while we were 1-1 tells everything about his lack of urgency and being a bit of a lazy-ass in general.

Hope he had a good look at Willian on the other side because that is exactly what's expected from him.
That wasn’t great, agreed.

Stretfordender

Now and again? He has scored more goals than everyone bar Lukaku and has more assists than everyone except Pogba this season. May be its you who seems to have a problem not him.

Yes you’re correct, I do have a problem and that’s watching the inconsistency from this lad on a game by game basis, seriously lacks the fight and mentality to be a united player. If he’s not on it he may as well not be on the pitch..

Stretfordender

Couldnt agree more and I have been a big supporter of his but he's grossly overated on here and in general, his overall game is lazy, lethargic and has no urgency, when we need him most he overcomplicates passes and usually loses the ball and just stands there in disbelief,

Even at 1-1 when he was subbed he took an eternity to get off the pitch as if we were 3-1 up, kid need's to work alot harder or be shown the door because his hype doesn't live up to what he does in a full game.

Totally agree..

E-mal

Am just disappointed with the way he has applied himself. Am a big fan of his but I just feel he is not humble enough to work hard and just feel everything should be on the platter of gold.
Lingard with less talent is applying himself and frankly thinks he deserves to start ahead of him. His overall game lacks desire and intelligence I must say.
Many here criticise Jose how our game lacks urgency and devoid of press but when I see Martial I dont think he can even press. He looks every inch an arsenal player to me.
Kid has got talent but is failing to apply himself.

snk123

Martial DOES NOT have world class talent. Tell me what aspect of his game is 'world-class' ?
Ummm. His dribbling? His link-up play?

Mane. Hazard. Selah. Willian. Sterling. Firminho. Kane. Ericsson. Ali. Sanchez. Arnautavitz at West Ham. Gabriel Jesus. De Bruyne. Silva. Son. Ozil. Mahrez. Vardy. And (finally..) Lukaku today (so let's hope he really kicks on and bosses teams around, including this United team.. lead from the front, lead by example...)
Son? Jesus? Arnautavitz? Dear God. You must be really really high?

He did well for the first goal, not a special moment, but now these are called 'assists' and people say it is a 'good stat' etc.
It was a very good assist. He held up the center half and delivered a well weighted ball to Lukaku. Have you ever played football?

I could probably go on. All these players have taken a number of premiership games (from an attacking sense) by the scruff of the neck and delivered a result AND performance for their team. They inspire their team-mates. It's clear, undeniable. Martial does not do that and I am fed up with people giving him excuses. Man Utd aren't a charity and he isn't some poor lost kid. Guy needs to step up and get back to where he was a few seasons ago.
Are you fecking kidding me? You have the memory of a fecking gold fish mate. He has been player of the month September, October and January.

Typical English mentality. Valuing grit, determination over sheer talent. Some players don't run around like headless chicken but they make a difference at key moments. Martial made the difference today even though he was bad most of the match. He made the difference against Arsenal with a clever turn assist as well. You're too biased to see his previous performances this season.

Posh Red

Martial DOES NOT have world class talent. Tell me what aspect of his game is 'world-class' ?

I'm fed up with this Martial love-in. The guy is fit, young, powerful, and should be the hungriest player on the pitch. He's a forward at Man Utd, and his performances are too often, too abject for the team. You can flaming well see it. He is 22, and er, yes he is 22! He is in the team for a reason. Not because 'he is 22'. If he cannopt cope, he needs to move on, and next season is critical for him.

I have no idea what he is thinking.. does he want to be a very top player? Does he already think he is? He did well for the first goal, not a special moment, but now these are called 'assists' and people say it is a 'good stat' etc. Look at his performances. He is, and continues to be, as it has been far too often, rather ineffective. But Mourinho doesn't help him, or any of the attacking players, I grant him that.

He needs to evolve his game. He needs to decide whether he waiting for the club to play the way he wants (whatever that is..) or is he going to make an impact, and go out and dominate an attacking game.

Mane. Hazard. Selah. Willian. Sterling. Firminho. Kane. Ericsson. Ali. Sanchez. Arnautavitz at West Ham. Gabriel Jesus. De Bruyne. Silva. Son. Ozil. Mahrez. Vardy. And (finally..) Lukaku today (so let's hope he really kicks on and bosses teams around, including this United team.. lead from the front, lead by example...)

I could probably go on. All these players have taken a number of premiership games (from an attacking sense) by the scruff of the neck and delivered a result AND performance for their team. They inspire their team-mates. It's clear, undeniable. Martial does not do that and I am fed up with people giving him excuses. Man Utd aren't a charity and he isn't some poor lost kid. Guy needs to step up and get back to where he was a few seasons ago.

I look forward to a Rashford return.
Are you honestly saying you think Rashford is better right now? What exactly is that based on? Your post reads as though you have a personal issue with the player which is strange.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He hardly picks up the ball while running into a channel. He always comes towards the player, which takes so much from his general play. On top, he needs to do so many more things right on a consistent level

Reiliano

He doesn't seem to have the hunger or desire to be a top player.

He never gets out of first gear. Couldn't care less when he loses possession and doesn't press at all. He would fit in well at arsenal.

Personally I'd get rid. Even if Rashford has a bad game, he works his socks off and that's the minimum you'd expect from any player

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think he's going back in the dog house. Jose was giving him a proper bollocking right before half time. Lingard probably takes his spot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It was a very good assist. He held up the center half and delivered a well weighted ball to Lukaku. Have you ever played football?

Are you fecking kidding me? You have the memory of a fecking gold fish mate. He has been player of the month September, October and January.

Typical English mentality. Valuing grit, determination over sheer talent. Some players don't run around like headless chicken but they make a difference at key moments. Martial made the difference today even though he was bad most of the match. He made the difference against Arsenal with a clever turn assist as well. You're too biased to see his previous performances this season.
I'd just ignore that post.... That post is a mess from start to finish :lol:

Toddler

I'd just ignore that post.... That post is a mess from start to finish :lol:

Would you like to elaborate how the post is a mess from start to finish? : )

bosnian_red

Would you like to elaborate how the post is a mess from start to finish? : )
If you ask:

• Martial doesn't have world class talent? His talent is unquestionable. What is questionable is the consistency at which he applies the talent, off the ball movement, hunger at times, etc., but the talent is definitely unquestionable.
  • Then he's playing down what he did for the assist for lukaku's goal... like really?
  • Saying he is usually too ineffective - when he averages around 1 goal or assist every 90 minutes (so by definition, incredibly effective)
  • Says he needs to dominate our attacking game... I mean he's been the key player for us in plenty of games, but it's not like any attacker in our team has at any point this season put in a full brilliant 90 minutes and looked world class. Says more about the attacking system in play then personnel
  • listing: Mane. Hazard. Selah. Willian. Sterling. Firminho. Kane. Ericsson. Ali. Sanchez. Arnautavitz at West Ham. Gabriel Jesus. De Bruyne. Silva. Son. Ozil. Mahrez. Vardy (and lukaku now) as players who have apparently taken games by the scruff of the neck and delivered results and performance for their teams... First of all, :lol: at putting Arnautovic there, then some of those really have never done what he described (like Jesus... guy is very clinical, and very young, but come on. He's hardly world class yet. Or Alli who has been pretty shit all season. Or Mane who has worse stats then Martial this season. Putting Son there despite again, Martial being more productive both in terms of goals and assists, but also in terms of chances he creates as a player). Plus he's ignoring how Martial recently turned 22 so is still young, in and out of the team but progressing as it is and has his own terrific performances anyway (and had performances over the years where he showed how good he is and got us results with his brilliance). So there's a lot wrong with that bit.
  • "Needs to get back to where he was a few seasons ago" as if he's declined? So he ignores how when the team was shit today, Martial was the only one creating today and only one who looked good. Yeah he had a bad 15 minutes in the 2nd half then got subbed. Big fecking deal. He got an assist and was the reason we weren't behind. He's also been incredibly productive this season and on pace to surpass his first season. And anyone watching can see how much he's improved with his dribbling, decision making, and just getting in chances himself, and also his off the ball work. People have become a parody in that form of criticism for him. Yeah, he's no Inzaghi with it. It's hardly awful though. Could it be improved? Of course, but people go on like he does nothing but walk around on the pitch, how he just sits around until he gets the ball then does nothing with it, ignoring things like his run for the chance vs Newcastle that he missed, or plenty of runs today that got him into space.
  • OH AND FINALLY. Saying he looks forward to the return of Rashford... ignoring how he got subbed on before Martial vs Sevilla and was atrocious in those 15 minutes (like he's been the past 3 months) while we had our only good 10 minute spell and positive looking moments through Martial against Sevilla when he came on.
It's a shambolic post and clearly just someone going wayyyyyyyy in the opposite direction to the whole "martial fc" shit just to try and make a point.

bosnian_red

Yes you’re correct, I do have a problem and that’s watching the inconsistency from this lad on a game by game basis, seriously lacks the fight and mentality to be a united player. If he’s not on it he may as well not be on the pitch..
Young winger just turned 22, showing inconsistency means he lacks the fight and mentality to be a United player... :lol::lol::lol::lol: Joke.

Stretfordender

Young winger just turned 22, showing inconsistency means he lacks the fight and mentality to be a United player... :lol::lol::lol::lol: Joke.

IMO yes he does, if the ball isnt to his feet he doesn’t try, he’s lazy and has nothing in his locker to convince me he’s a united player. Yes, give the lad a chance he’s young, let’s see what’s he’s like when he’s 32 ffs

bosnian_red

IMO yes he does, if the ball isnt to his feet he doesn’t try, he’s lazy and has nothing in his locker to convince me he’s a united player. Yes, give the lad a chance he’s young, let’s see what’s he’s like when he’s 32 ffs
Because that's the same thing right? He's a young winger (who just turned 22) who has been in and out of the team but none the less has 11 goals and 11 assists this season, and shown time and time again brilliant pieces of play the proper chance to put it all together and hopefully turn into the world class player many think he can become. This isn't a case of like Cleverley or Anderson where they never showed shit but everyone just trusted Sir Alex's judgement. It's not even a case like with Nani where he showed he could score screamers but was inconsistent as feck, a good dribbler but end product incredibly inconsistent. He already has a really consistent end product. His decision making is inconsistent, but his ability and movement gets him in situations where he'll always create chances for the team and score goals. So even if he doesn't progress as much as many hope and doesn't turn into world class... he's still a very good player. The notion that he's in the team or getting chances because he's a youngster with potential is bullshit. That's the reason why he's hyped up so much, but the reason why Mourinho plays him in big games very often and why he's been getting a bigger and bigger role this season is because he is a very good, but more importantly, a very productive player already.

But yeah. Sell him because he doesn't have a crazy work ethic (despite that obviously being something that can improve - and visibly has improved over the course of this season compared to last).

R10Football

You people are crazy on here. Doubting him even though he had one assist, could have had two if sanchez finished. You guys expect messi level stuff from a 22 year old. Its crazy. Beckham was no where near as good at 22. Ronaldo was very inconsistent. Crazy stuff

el3mel

This thread has been swinging between full praise to full slaughtering. Nothing in between. Worst performance thread here.

Jeffthered

This forum is fascinating.

To suggest that Martial has world-class dribbling skills, and world-class link-up play is staggering. Staggering. That's world-class to you?

I can't believe anyone can think much (if any) of our attacking play this flaming season has been world class.

I mentioned a lot of players who have dominated (attacking) games this season and inspired their team to win matches. On more than one occasion. Martial hasn't done this. He came on and won the game against Spurs. But he isn't inspiring this club to victory with great performance. Or winning matches. He has in the past, when he first arrived, he was tremendous. That was showing potential, alongside being terrificly influential for United. He won us games, got us back into games... fantastic.

But don't tell me he is anywhere even close to that form.

Arnautovich is having more of an influence on his team. As does Son at Spurs. Mane at Liverpool. If people wish to disagree, fine, but I'm watching a different game. I don't see world-class. He needs to step up, adapt his game , and improve his mentality a fair bit before I see World-Class.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Brilliant contribution to the goal and nice pass that Sanchez fecked up but his passing in general is just so poor. It’s a massive weakness in his game.
I'm a broken record but Martial has been developed as a striker, a goalscorer. All his talent is in and around the box and geared toward scoring goals, I'm still baffled by people who seem to think that he actually is a winger, United are trying to turn him into one maybe it will work maybe it won't but don't expect to seem have all the tools and look like a polished wide midfielder because his years at Monaco and Lyon youth teams were as a pure striker. Also he doesn't dribble like a winger, he clearly dribbles like a striker which is why he is generally exposed in a 1v1 in space.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Where did this notion come from that talented players are given a free ride on working off the ball???

Neymar, Robben, Messi, Bale, Di Maria, Ribery...I could go on. They all work for the team in defence and attack.

Look at our own team, Sanchez is one of the most talented players in the team and he works his bloody socks off. What about teams of the past? David Beckham, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney...world class talent yet work for the team like their life depended on it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Very frustrating.

The way he walked/slowly jogged off for the sub was infuriating.

He's far too lax for me.

Stretfordender

Because that's the same thing right? He's a young winger (who just turned 22) who has been in and out of the team but none the less has 11 goals and 11 assists this season, and shown time and time again brilliant pieces of play the proper chance to put it all together and hopefully turn into the world class player many think he can become. This isn't a case of like Cleverley or Anderson where they never showed shit but everyone just trusted Sir Alex's judgement. It's not even a case like with Nani where he showed he could score screamers but was inconsistent as feck, a good dribbler but end product incredibly inconsistent. He already has a really consistent end product. His decision making is inconsistent, but his ability and movement gets him in situations where he'll always create chances for the team and score goals. So even if he doesn't progress as much as many hope and doesn't turn into world class... he's still a very good player. The notion that he's in the team or getting chances because he's a youngster with potential is bullshit. That's the reason why he's hyped up so much, but the reason why Mourinho plays him in big games very often and why he's been getting a bigger and bigger role this season is because he is a very good, but more importantly, a very productive player already.

But yeah. Sell him because he doesn't have a crazy work ethic (despite that obviously being something that can improve - and visibly has improved over the course of this season compared to last).
No sorry can’t agree with your essay there, but respect you opinion. I think the productivity Is seriously lacking from this lad, I don’t see his movement being good at all and would suggest that in the main he needs a good kick up the arse. Smell the coffee, in his current form he’s just not good enough and not kicking on..

AshRK

He is one of my favs and he was decent today, nothing crap but he must show some urgency. why the heck was he jogging and walking when subbed rather than showing some urgency. It's things like these that makes him frustrating. Jose likes him otherwise he won't start him and he did create two quality chances , one was taken and one was fluffed by Sanchez. But he needs.to start taking his position more seriously.

Toddler

If you ask:

• Martial doesn't have world class talent? His talent is unquestionable. What is questionable is the consistency at which he applies the talent, off the ball movement, hunger at times, etc., but the talent is definitely unquestionable.
  • Then he's playing down what he did for the assist for lukaku's goal... like really?
  • Saying he is usually too ineffective - when he averages around 1 goal or assist every 90 minutes (so by definition, incredibly effective)
  • Says he needs to dominate our attacking game... I mean he's been the key player for us in plenty of games, but it's not like any attacker in our team has at any point this season put in a full brilliant 90 minutes and looked world class. Says more about the attacking system in play then personnel
  • listing: Mane. Hazard. Selah. Willian. Sterling. Firminho. Kane. Ericsson. Ali. Sanchez. Arnautavitz at West Ham. Gabriel Jesus. De Bruyne. Silva. Son. Ozil. Mahrez. Vardy (and lukaku now) as players who have apparently taken games by the scruff of the neck and delivered results and performance for their teams... First of all, :lol: at putting Arnautovic there, then some of those really have never done what he described (like Jesus... guy is very clinical, and very young, but come on. He's hardly world class yet. Or Alli who has been pretty shit all season. Or Mane who has worse stats then Martial this season. Putting Son there despite again, Martial being more productive both in terms of goals and assists, but also in terms of chances he creates as a player). Plus he's ignoring how Martial recently turned 22 so is still young, in and out of the team but progressing as it is and has his own terrific performances anyway (and had performances over the years where he showed how good he is and got us results with his brilliance). So there's a lot wrong with that bit.
  • "Needs to get back to where he was a few seasons ago" as if he's declined? So he ignores how when the team was shit today, Martial was the only one creating today and only one who looked good. Yeah he had a bad 15 minutes in the 2nd half then got subbed. Big fecking deal. He got an assist and was the reason we weren't behind. He's also been incredibly productive this season and on pace to surpass his first season. And anyone watching can see how much he's improved with his dribbling, decision making, and just getting in chances himself, and also his off the ball work. People have become a parody in that form of criticism for him. Yeah, he's no Inzaghi with it. It's hardly awful though. Could it be improved? Of course, but people go on like he does nothing but walk around on the pitch, how he just sits around until he gets the ball then does nothing with it, ignoring things like his run for the chance vs Newcastle that he missed, or plenty of runs today that got him into space.
  • OH AND FINALLY. Saying he looks forward to the return of Rashford... ignoring how he got subbed on before Martial vs Sevilla and was atrocious in those 15 minutes (like he's been the past 3 months) while we had our only good 10 minute spell and positive looking moments through Martial against Sevilla when he came on.
It's a shambolic post and clearly just someone going wayyyyyyyy in the opposite direction to the whole "martial fc" shit just to try and make a point.

Man, that is a good answer. I thank you for that a thousand times! My mistake was that I thought that you meant that the snk123s post was the one that should be ignored :lol::lol::nono::nono::rolleyes:. Thats why I wanted you to make your point clear, well I guess we got something good from this anyway.

Oh and I totally agree with you.

Have a good one.

bosnian_red

No sorry can’t agree with your essay there, but respect you opinion. I think the productivity Is seriously lacking from this lad, I don’t see his movement being good at all and would suggest that in the main he needs a good kick up the arse. Smell the coffee, in his current form he’s just not good enough and not kicking on..
His movement can improve, and there's plenty that can improve to the rest of his game of course. Decision making can improve loads. How focused he is at times, learning to give that intensity and aggression at all times instead of only on occasion, etc.. Hes young and will improve. Doesnt make him a bad player right now just because he isn't the finished article. Hes a good and useful player and in the team because of his current quality, its just his potential is such that he can turn into a world clsss player potentially.
Also he blatantly is productive, as he averages a goal or assist every 90 minutes.

bosnian_red

I'm a broken record but Martial has been developed as a striker, a goalscorer. All his talent is in and around the box and geared toward scoring goals, I'm still baffled by people who seem to think that he actually is a winger, United are trying to turn him into one maybe it will work maybe it won't but don't expect to seem have all the tools and look like a polished wide midfielder because his years at Monaco and Lyon youth teams were as a pure striker. Also he doesn't dribble like a winger, he clearly dribbles like a striker which is why he is generally exposed in a 1v1 in space.
Definitely looks apparent when hes asked to play more as a winger. Hes capable at times, but way more inconsistent. Hes much better playing the role he had against arsenal, and even today (which he showed in the first half, not the second... it happens). Playing as kind of a floating forward alongside a main striker to link up with. He can drift wide and be a huge threat, or run in behind through the middle, or take it to feet with his back to goal and do something to make a chance out of a tough position like for his assist. You can tell in his game how he comes alive anywhere around the box. Decision making can still improve of course and sometimes looks for a cross too much instead of taking his man on, but that's where he's at his best unquestionably, and that's where his huge potential will hopefully be realised.

Smores

He's quite infuriating as he has so much talent but only shows it 10% of the time. He's far too young to be concerned but it's the same shit we had with Nani.

I mean Lukaku who as far as I'm aware has never played wide genuinely makes better wide runs and crosses than Martial. He can do it but lacks any understanding.

I'm intrigued what he was like before he came here and whether the success he had following LvGs limited instructions has restricted him.

Vanya

On the ball he is excellent, off the ball he is infuriating. Needs to work harder off the ball and needs to recognise space more intelligently.

If he's is going to get substituted every game, i rather see him give it all for 60 mins and be substituted than walk around and give only 50% for 90 mins

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s all well and good but his passing would be poor for a striker. I’m not concerned about him not pinging the ball 40 yards onto a sixpence. He routinely makes a mess of the most basic of passes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That’s all well and good but his passing would be poor for a striker. I’m not concerned about him not pinging the ball 40 yards onto a sixpence. He routinely makes a mess of the most basic of passes.
It would not be poor that's nonsense, his passing isn't worse than Cavani's or even Mbappé's, it's definitely not great and he should definitely improve it, as he should improve his crossing, agility and striking technique. Martial is productive but he is blatantly flawed everyone can accept both statement and understand we don't really need to go over the top.

Last edited:

el3mel

It would not be poor that's nonsense, his passing isn't worse than Cavani's or even Mbappé's, it's definitely not great and he should definitely improve it, as he should improve his crossing, agility and striking technique. Martial is productive but he is blatantly flawed every can accept both statement and understand we don't really need to go over the top.
Martial doesn't have the killer instinct a top class striker usually has, the sense of a poacher who position himself in the right spot to receive the ball and score every time. He's best suited for the left forward position, allowing him to isolate the back and go 1v1 with him so that he can use his dribbling to create havoc and score. Every part of his style says that is his best position.

Smores

Martial doesn't have the killer instinct a top class striker usually has, the sense of a poacher who position himself in the right spot to receive the ball and score every time. He's best suited for the left forward position, allowing him to isolate the back and go 1v1 with him so that he can use his dribbling to create havoc and score. Every part of his style says that is his best position.
Yeah I'm quite shocked to see people now claiming he's a striker. His movement and range of finishing is terrible at this stage. I can't think of one decent striker with those qualities.

Canagel

This thread has been swinging between full praise to full slaughtering. Nothing in between. Worst performance thread here.
No-one divides opinion in the team like Anthony Martial. He has unbelievable raw talent but like mentioned already he is someone who needs to be in and around the box, closer to goal. Look at the lay off he did for Lukaku today. There was a another assist against Germany where he left 2 defenders for dead in the box before squaring it. His most exciting moments are in that area. There's no point asking him to play from a standing start on the touchline. Of course he can put more effort to improve his off the ball movement but inbetween the lines is where he is most dangerous. His best position is a wide forward or a number 9 drifting towards the left side.

el3mel

No-one divides opinion in the team like Anthony Martial. He has unbelievable raw talent but like mentioned already he is someone who needs to be in and around the box, closer to goal. Look at the lay off he did for Lukaku today. There was a another assist against Germany where he left 2 defenders for dead in the box before squaring it. His most exciting moments are in that area. There's no point asking him to play from a standing start on the touchline. Of course he can put more effort to improve his off the ball movement but inbetween the lines is where he is most dangerous. His best position is a wide forward or a number 9 drifting towards the left side.
He's a great talent with loads of potential but some problems that can be improved as he gets older and as long as he tranis to improve these qualities like off ball movement to be good. People tend to go the extremes too much regarding either praise or criticism.

While I agree that he shouldn't be bugging the touch line, I said in my previous post that his position is left forward, more than a left winger. Someone that always cuts inside, isolate the back on 1v1 and dribble to score with his right leg. This his best position that suits most of his qualities and gives him perfect range to use his qualities. He's not a left winger that hug the line but can't be a center forward at the same time IMO, a left forward it's.

His off ball movement needs to improve there's no doubt about that. It's a part missing in his abilities that make some believe he's lazy or uninterested while he's actually not but his movement is lacking. Am I worried about it ? No, he's young and plenty of time to improve it. He made some good runs few times in other games.

People need to relax a little bit. Great talent, great potential with some flaws, still young and will improve no doubt. He's not the finished article yet that's for sure.

AR87

Strongly agree. He plays his best when he can combine with another player. One thing I do really like about his game is how willing he is to create for others even when he could take a shot himself.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Martial is a terrible passer yet has teed off so many chances for players in the big games. Yeah, okay. Maybe his range is limited, but he's not a bad passer in and around the box. That being said, terrible second half from him and deserved to be yanked for Messe Lingard.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's quite infuriating as he has so much talent but only shows it 10% of the time. He's far too young to be concerned but it's the same shit we had with Nani.

I mean Lukaku who as far as I'm aware has never played wide genuinely makes better wide runs and crosses than Martial. He can do it but lacks any understanding.

I'm intrigued what he was like before he came here and whether the success he had following LvGs limited instructions has restricted him.
Nani was world class from 2010 to 2012.

Martial hasn't hit those heights yet.

Mr PG

I think he's going back in the dog house. Jose was giving him a proper bollocking right before half time. Lingard probably takes his spot.
I’m usually a Martial fan but the lack of effort and intelligence is damning. Gets drawn towards the ball and is walking about most of the game. His dribbling has tailed off too and even Juan Mata would have been better today.

Status
Not open for further replies.