5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Top players come alive even when having quiet games. Big Tony was quiet for 60 mins, then activated Garrincha mode & went beasting & feasting. Sensational for that last 30 mins. Should have had an assist for Rashford.
:lol:

Stubble

I hope Lukaku is not allowed to just walk back into the team in his current poor form...
We look more fluid and unpredictable without him. I'd try him on the right for a while (if he earns it) and leave Sanchez up top see how that works - its not like anyone else has nailed that spot down..

Smores

Also defended really well when required to today really put a shift in - he seems to be turning it on in all aspects of his game at the moment.
I hope this is with a new MU contract in mind and not to impress potential suitors...
Yup, his all round game was fecking fantastic. As good as I've seen him play that even if he wasn't on the score sheet

Yagami

Good post resistant
Calls for a @Kevin callout post. The amount of people who questioned Martial was baffling. At least José's stopped wasting him.
Wonder how many points we dropped by subbing him off early over the years.
Too many as "Martial FC" said at the time.

Silas

Top tier talent. Jaybomb must be rolling in his e-grave.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I hope all the people who doubted him and argued he wouldn’t be a loss and Rashford was the better talent realise their awful mistake by now.

Skills

Snitch
Unfortunately I can't see him signing a new contract at the moment. All the leverage is in his hands, and better clubs will be knocking on the door this summer.

The White Pele

Brilliant tonight. Shame the one-two with Fellaini didn’t come off just before the Mata free-kick as that would have been some goal.

thepolice123

There was one occasion where he played a series of 1-2 and drive into the box but Fellaini fecked up the final lay off. God knows if he could have scored.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He was pretty awful for 80 minutes but took them apart in the end. Just finding a way to impact every game right now and Jose is persisting with him.

Would have been the first player subbed a month ago.

CA1

He was quality in that final 20 minutes. He tormented them and I thought his threat pinned them back for us get back into the game.

He's doing so well at the moment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Unfortunately I can't see him signing a new contract at the moment. All the leverage is in his hands, and better clubs will be knocking on the door this summer.
I fear so too. There was that RMC article a week or two back saying he wants to renew with or without Mourinho but nothing since.

AngliaRed

He was pretty awful for 80 minutes but took them apart in the end. Just finding a way to impact every game right now and Jose is persisting with him.

“ he was pretty awful for 80mins”

Was you watching it on Teletext?

Skills

Snitch
I fear so too. There was that RMC article a week or two back saying he wants to renew with or without Mourinho but nothing since.
The better he plays with a running down contract the stronger position he's in. We had to get a renewal this summer, but unfortunately the way things went down last season and his lack of game time effectively costing him a World Cup medal probably ruled that out.

This summer both Madrid & Barcelona will probably be in for a LW.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Brilliant tonight. Worked hard off the ball too.

Have to tie him down to a new contract. ASAP.

sherrinford

Only seen the second half, good performance and looked very sharp.

Nice little passes and bursts moving centrally and strong, diligent defending throughout, but I kept on willing him to stretch the play more and have a direct run at the full back, and willing Shaw and co. to fire the ball out to him early to allow that. De Sciglio looked strong but I can’t remember Martial isolated and running at him. The first time he ran at a defender in an advanced wide position he completely rinsed Cuadrado.

Barzagli coming on changed the game, Martial seized his opportunity and made a big impact on the latter stages. Which is a great sign as his conditioning has been relatively poor for what has been a long time now, so it’s great to still see that sharpness and power in his legs after 80 minutes.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

For most of the game he was working a lot more defensively. I'm not so sure he would have been the first played subbed a month ago based on that compared to the others.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Fantastic the entire game. Juve wasn't going to allow him 1v1 situations and constantly looked to get him off the ball, but all other facets of his game were on display. Crisp passing, taking up more central positions to build up, and outstanding defensively. Then he created two great chances at the end.

Cliche Guevara

I hope all the people who doubted him and argued he wouldn’t be a loss and Rashford was the better talent realise their awful mistake by now.
Why? He’s clearly stepped his game up which was, rightly, expected of him.

He’s listened, he’s learned and he’s improving his overall contribution.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Those saying Martial was awful before the last 15 minutes must have been watching something else or it's just the usual hyperbole on the caf where if Martial doesn't skin someone or score it equals to being awful.

Prior to that he had played well defensively and protected his side. He tried to set up a few attacks and was always the likely player to make something happen. Awful means playing badly, Martial was doing alright prior to him exploding in the last 15 minutes.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Why? He’s clearly stepped his game up which was, rightly, expected of him.

He’s listened, he’s learned and he’s improving his overall contribution.
Listened to who? You lots who were claiming that he's shit and overrated? Called him a lazy sulker coupled with a bunch of expletives.

Just eat your crows and move on.

yfoFC

The kid is good. This game just got me thinking, normally Martial would have been hooked off by the hour mark or something and had that happened we lose that game 0-1.

Martial basically started our brilliance in the last 5-10 minutes of the match. Without his sublime play and combination with Pogba and Fellaini toward the end of the game we don't win that free kick that Mata put in.

He should also have had an assist.

Not to mention his brilliant play on the left to beat his man to get into the box is what started our push.
This a thousand times

Exactly what would have happened vs Newcastle I believe as Jose was about to hook him off again but bless Rashford for having a stinker that day

Come to think of it, if Jose had hooked martial in that game then we would have lost and this mini-resurgence never would have happened.. fine margins indeed

Devil may care

Outside of Mata's freekick he had our only 3 good pieces of attacking play, one decent effort, created a chance for Rashford and had a run that flashed a decent ball across their 6 yard area.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Sign the fecking contract Martial, it's the only reason I'd ever consider not wanting you here. If want to be here and give your all you're always welcome by me.

NinjaFletch

Those saying Martial was awful before the last 15 minutes must have been watching something else or it's just the usual hyperbole on the caf where if Martial doesn't skin someone or score it equals to being awful.

Prior to that he had played well defensively and protected his side. He tried to set up a few attacks and was always the likely player to make something happen. Awful means playing badly, Martial was doing alright prior to him exploding in the last 15 minutes.
Awful is clearly hyperbole, but no more so than the assertions that he was brilliant or fantastic the entire game. He mucked in and worked hard – to his credit – but I don't think he worked hard enough to get himself on the ball and drive us up the field. Not that he was helped by his teammates, but he's got the tools to drag the team with him.

But, still, that feels a bit nitpicky. The take home is that he's shown a resilience to get his head down, win his manager's trust and get himself back in the squad which many (myself included) doubted he had. He's proving those who stuck with him right, and long may it continue.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This a thousand times

Exactly what would have happened vs Newcastle I believe as Jose was about to hook him off again but bless Rashford for having a stinker that day

Come to think of it, if Jose had hooked Martial in that game then we would have lost and this mini-resurgence never would have happened.. fine margins indeed
Yeah. That game without Martial we lose 0-2.

We weren't going anywhere in that game either then suddenly Martial won us the free kick that Matt buried and then equalised minutes later.

It's those moments of brilliance and quality you need when your team is stale. You need that someone with the ability to change the complexity of the game out of nowhere bc they have abundance of skills.

arnie_ni

Outside of Mata's freekick he had our only 3 good pieces of attacking play, one decent effort, created a chance for Rashford and had a run that flashed a decent ball across their 6 yard area.
3 good pieces of play that led to 1 goal, another that should have been a goal and a third that could have been a goal.

If he does that every game we will win most games.

yfoFC

Also created a chance for rashford long range effort..

Status
Not open for further replies.