Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He actually put a shift in tonight. Some lovely moves up top too. I think there was one moment where he suffered from cement feet that I remember but if he does everything else like tonight the rest of the time it doesn't matter so much.

This is the Martial most knew could come about if he put the effort in. Great to see it happening now.

Canagel

Basically.

It's good to have a player with that moment of magic because like we've seen tonight, in tight situations where we weren't going nowhere the team needed that lift and he provided it.
He needs more protection from refs. Juve defenders kept fouling him and the RB never got booked until near the end. it opens the game up if we know one of the defenders is on a yellow and Martial will more likely create something for us.
He put in a real shift and wasn't in the dangerous areas for most of the game but he was decisive with one or two moments and that's a sign of a top top player.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That was the people that acted as though he played like he is doing now when he didn't
No, that was the people who thought he would get there by consistent playing time and that he shouldn't have been discarded so quickly after Sanchez came through. To expect Martial to get to where he is now with sporadic and inconsistent time is dumb and unrealistic. We would have seen the Martial we are seeing now back then as well.

cyberman

No, that was the people who thought he would get there by consistent playing time and that he shouldn't have been discarded so quickly after Sanchez came through. To expect Martial to get to where he is now with sporadic and inconsistent time is dumb and unrealistic. We would have seen the Martial we are seeing now back then as well.
He has gotten here by sparodic game time though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nope, that's not who it was ever aimed at. It was always aimed at people saying how he had an amazing game when he didn't do anything, then getting super arsey about it when someone suggested otherwise.

And also, he's got there now through sporadic game time, but actually putting the effort in. And then he gets more consistent game time. Just like expected.

arnie_ni

I wasn't criticising him.
I must have misunderstood the tone of the post, it didn't sound complimentary.

On second reading ive realised i missed the word "our" in your first sentence which changes it entirely.

Apologies

breakout67

Supports
Man City
That was the people that acted as though he played like he is doing now when he didn't
Martial had 1 assist and 0 goals in 500 minutes in the second half of last season. He also admitted himself that he was not good in 16/17 due to problems in his personal life.

Martial FC is a real thing when they are saying things that contradict what Martial himself believes.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Nope, that's not who it was ever aimed at.

And also, he's got there now through sporadic game time, but actually putting the effort in.
But the effort in was always there when he's had the confidence of the manager. Just look at his first season under LvG, he was doing the same level of work whether it was attacking or defending. He didn't have a Luke Shaw behind him is the biggest difference for me. Some of you lots acting like he was doing feck all but scoring goals or assisting prior to January.

Martial had 1 assist and 0 goals in 500 minutes in the second half of last season. He also admitted himself that he was not good in 16/17 due to problems in his personal life.

Martial FC is a real thing when they are saying things that contradict what Martial himself believes.
I don't think anybody here is debating Martial's first season with Jose. The whole Martial FC vs Jose Brigade (because, we need to label these things) started in January of last year where one of the most in-form player was quickly let go to persist through an awful Sanchez instead of finding a way to get the Chilean integrated alongside an in-form Martial.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Juve clearly marked him as the danger man, gave him no Space and double/triple teamed him at times.

Towards the end he got better and better, they just couldn’t handle him.

So annoyed at Rashford for not burying that chance, would have gone down as a legendary assist from tony!

Absolutely love the guy :drool:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I hope all the people who doubted him and argued he wouldn’t be a loss and Rashford was the better talent realise their awful mistake by now.
To be fair I hope they are proved right about Rashford because we'd have two excellent players.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't think anybody here is debating Martial's first season with Jose. The whole Martial FC vs Jose Brigade (because, we need to label these things) started in January of last year where one of the most in-form player was quickly let go to persist through an awful Sanchez instead of finding a way to get the Chilean integrated alongside an in-form Martial.
He was often stood still and missing through the majority of games throughout this supposed in form period last season. Now he's showing himself to be involved with games, not just turning up with a goal every now and then. We were told by posters like yourself that that's just how he is. You have to accept that you won't see much of him and be happy with the odd goal.
Well, now we have someone actually involved in the game more.

sam147

I hope all the people who doubted him and argued he wouldn’t be a loss and Rashford was the better talent realise their awful mistake by now.
Wait, people actually believed Rashford was better than Martial. Rashford will be at Everton in a few years if he doesn't change the way he plays. Very selfish. People praise him because he 'drives forward' by that they mean run with your head down and ignore your team mates. Martial was fantastic from a tactical point of few today in defense and his run was the catalyst for the come back. Very mature performance.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Could anyone find his other move right after skinning Cuadadro. The build up move that led to the free kick. He literally left a Juve player on his arse, that piece of skill is even better than the Cuadadro skinning.

Can anyone post a gif?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Could anyone find his other move right after skinning Cuadadro. The build up move that led to the free kick. He literally left a Juve player on his arse, that piece of skill is even better than the Cuadadro skinning.

Can anyone post a gif?
Was that the one two stuff? That was very nice and a shame it didn't come back to him at the end...although not a shame considering.

KennyBurner

Guys the next question is how do we get Martial more on the ball? I mean like under van gaal when he was magic most of the game. He came to life very late on but thats just because Juventus were very annoying most of the game. Mourinho has to create special instructions for the team like van gaal used to do. If we can isolate or create space for him more times during the games we wont have to wait for him to create magic so late on. Martial is our hazard now and we need him on the ball more than ever.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Imagine a United team without him and Pogba...

Cheekiey

Anyone got a GIF of him putty g Cuadrado on his arse in our own half, that was crazy if it was intentional!

deafepl

Martial is on another level to Rashford from technical points, we need to replace Rashford and Lingard with a more technical player who knows what to do with balls.

RedCurry

When he is on the move and receives the ball, he’s unstoppable. It really makes me sometimes wonder why he insists on completely stopping before receiving the ball so many times.

meamth

Martial is on another level to Rashford from technical points, we need to replace Rashford and Lingard with a more technical player who knows what to do with balls.
Lingard is no slouch either. What are you smoking?

Sb_16

He's been marked by two or even three men in games for a long time now. Tells you something about his perceived quality by the oppositions and unperceived quality by some of our supporters.

haram

In great form and he will probably get chances to run at the City defence at the weekend :devil:.

Status
Not open for further replies.