6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

Look deprived of creating goal attempts without him being in the forward line. Tony back up front with James on the left, but no doubt James will be pushed to the right to accomodate Rashford.

Greenwood....Martial......James..... easily our best forward line currently.

SteveW

He isn't signficantly(if anything) better at any of those things than Rashford, apart from maybe finishing with his left foot. I posted the stats about heading in which Rashford is slightly better, he is also losing the ball less in overall play(again, not signficiantly), while also making more passes and being involved more than Martial. Martial also scores same number of goals like Rashford while being regarded as better goalscorer for some reason.
Rashford cannot head the ball. He sometimes ducks even. It's pretty noticeable and unusual for a premier league forward. Martial doesn't score too many headers but he's a least competent.

Rashford rarely ever shoots with his left. He turned back when through on goal against West Ham because he wouldn't shoot with his left. Martial will at least hit them, hence the Wolves goal.

The link up play one is tricky. Martial is better with his back to goal and when he's on his game he links the play better. At the same time, he routinely has games where he consistently messes up simple passes. He's inconsistent. Rashford is better at running the lines and giving options for defenders and midfielders to pass to. In that regard he helps us establish possession in good areas but then he has a habit of taking the wrong options.

Kurton

There isn't much difference between the two of them. Martial is better at holding the ball under pressure and has more finesse to his game, while Rashford craps himself when put under any sort of pressure. Rashford has more pace and a better shot, whereas Martial's shooting technique is nothing special and is more injury prone. They both struggle to score due to different reasons. If only there was a player with better attributes of both, what a player he would be.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Any news on his injury. Is he back for the Arsenal game??
I've seen some less reputable sites quoting Ole saying 'he'll definitely be back' but personally I would have thought if that were the case then like Pogba he'd of got minutes last night so I'm gonna say no

bludsucker

I've seen some less reputable sites quoting Ole saying 'he'll definitely be back' but personally I would have thought if that were the case then like Pogba he'd of got minutes last night so I'm gonna say no
Ah thanks for that. Couldn’t find any info saying either way.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Would be good news but I'll wait till tomorrow press conference for Ole to confirm this. So far Ole has mentioned that Rashford is out(of the Arsenal game) but his injury isn't as bad as initially feared and hope he'll return before the international break.

He also mentioned that Dalot and Gomes are also out for the Monda's game but hope they'll be in contention to play on Thursday against Alkmaar.

He didn't give any update on Martial and Shaw.

ash_86

Played 3 games in 3 weeks and pulled up with a non contact injury and already out for 2 months. I don't think he can start 5 game without getting injured. Ole is stupid for trusting him as the only recognized striker.

Offsideagain

I am still not convinced the bloke wants to be at Old Trafford looking at his body language. The Pogba situation won’t help either. He’s a good player when he wants to be and puts in a shift but often looks fed up. Injured again too. Bet if we were top and some young blood was in his place his injury would heal very quickly.

Raven

I am still not convinced the bloke wants to be at Old Trafford looking at his body language. The Pogba situation won’t help either. He’s a good player when he wants to be and puts in a shift but often looks fed up. Injured again too. Bet if we were top and some young blood was in his place his injury would heal very quickly.
Conspiracy theories... excellent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Such a strange post.

lsd

The Oracle

Ahh body language :rolleyes:

LoneStar

Between his injuries and Rashford's inconsistency, it's clear both should not be the starting 9 next season.

Both don't strike me as players who can score 20 goals a season.

IrishRedDevil

Why the feck will they not just give a clear update on his injury?

Presumably because it makes them look like clowns for going into the season with Martial and Rashford are our strikers, who are both out injured, while Lukaku scores goals in Italy.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Martial is the only player in our squad that I’m convinced is a number 9. He’s got one of the best chances to goals % around the problem has been always he’s played too far away from goal (LW/LM) or a complete lack of chances created for him.

The few games he’s played upfront he’s taken the chances given to him. I’m not Martial FC at all and as he’s missed a few games already I’m not sure he’ll get 20 goals but over 38 games I’d back him to get those figures.

Rashford needs more space than him, Greenwood whilst exceptional for his age isn’t going to cut it yet. We do need him.

Decomposing In Paris

When I look at our squad, there are a handful of players capable of playing at the top of the game either now or sometime in the future. Martial is one of those few. He's signed a new contract, and looks at home at #9. Yes he picked up an injury, but let's get behind the lad.

Steven-UK

When I look at our squad, there are a handful of players capable of playing at the top of the game either now or sometime in the future. Martial is one of those few. He's signed a new contract, and looks at home at #9. Yes he picked up an injury, but let's get behind the lad.

Sometimes, and other times he goes missing. We do this when players are out injured, we have a skewed memory of their performances, we did it with Pobga over the last few weeks, and then he was an embarrassment at Rochdale. Many times (more often than not) I have watched Martial and thought: "you're just not good enough, or consistent enough at this level".

We need a WORLD CLASS striker - fact.

Decomposing In Paris

Sometimes, and other times he goes missing. We do this when players are out injured, we have a skewed memory of their performances, we did it with Pobga over the last few weeks, and then he was an embarrassment at Rochdale. Many times (more often than not) I have watched Martial and thought: "you're just not good enough, or consistent enough at this level".

World class strikers are made, not born. I do not believe my perception has been altered by a few games out, and interestingly, it seems yours hasn't either. I'd hate to have to evaluate a player like Kane by how he would have performed on the wing for us the few seasons, so I'm not ready to do it with Martial either. We disagree, which is ok.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ole said he expects Martial back only after the international break.
It just gets sillier with Martial doesn't it.

Limps off and it's a blow that he'll be out for one game, then 5-6 games later, we're talking back after an international break, that means another 3 weeks!

What has he done!?

By the time he "Gets back to form", it'll be mid November at this rate.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Perhaps I need to watch it back but I didn’t think he gave up hope for certain, although it was slim.
Seems a wide range, from maybe back, to not back for 3 weeks! Minimum I'm presuming on the latter, as he's not saying back immediately after the break. Imagine that, first game back, half fit, v Liverpool. Marvellous!

Rafeeq RSA

Can't wait for this fella to be back in the squad

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven

Caps don't make your opinion any more valid. Although we need another striker, clearly we have bigger problems in midfield and on the right.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The major problem stems from the last few seasons and was the reason Lukaku didn't work in the end. There aren't enough chances for whoever plays up front. James is not a supplier yet hopefully he can grow into that I still like the signing. We've had the equivalent of the invisible man on the right for seasons now and Lord Lucan at 10 and behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.