6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tel074

He was poor tonight but it's a tough ask being a lone striker in this current United team . We have no one in midfield capable of playing killer forward passes . I remember going mental at a home game this season because Rashford was making run after run and no one looked up to find him .

But as I tell my kid if things are not going your way at least work hard . Martial doesn't do this well enough

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He was poor tonight but it's a tough ask being a lone striker in this current United team . We have no one in midfield capable of playing killer forward passes . I remember going mental at a home game this season because Rashford was making run after run and no one looked up to find him .

But as I tell my kid if things are not going your way at least work hard . Martial doesn't do this well enough
I've not seen him make a decent run through the middle in the last few games. He is hovering around the edges and trying to dribble and then shoot from a ridiculous angle. He is seriously out of form at the moment.

arthurka

Ok now what's next for him FC Martial fans? Out left didn't work, he should be a false 9. That didn't work, he should be up top. That didn't work so what next? He is a terrible player when he isn't bothered and to be fair that is quite often. We need a striker asap.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't understand why Ole can't see the strengths and weaknesses of his squad at the time of an injury crisis and adapt his tactics.

Martial is piss poor at making runs behind & being predatory in the box. Play Greenwood in the box & play Martial behind him in a 3511. Atleast then martial can do his dropping deep thing whilst someone is in the damn box.

Such simple bloody tactics, yet we have the least predatory & energetic striker in the middle and our most deadly one being pushed out wider and wider and occasionally trying to find himself trying to find himself centrally against one of the best teams in the world.

Poor performances by our forwards but my word - Ole is a blank state when watching games & not seeing what his players are doing & has no ability how to gel them up together.

Absolutely no reason to start Martial as a striker - he won't score goals for us & we need to play Greenwood centrally. Either play Martial behind him in a partnership or out wide on the left.

Red00012

Drops too deep.

No movement.

The attack that broke down that’s lead to Matic’s red was down to Tony loitering at the end of the box instead of providing options in the box.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Watching Aguero and his movement during the same 90 minutes just infuriates you a bit more.

He can be good at times, but needs direct, good goalscoring wingers/forwards on each side. Now that Rashford is gone, his flaws are far more highlighted.

Art Vandelay

Ok now what's next for him FC Martial fans? Out left didn't work, he should be a false 9. That didn't work, he should be up top. That didn't work so what next? He is a terrible player when he isn't bothered and to be fair that is quite often to be fair. We need a striker asap.
He needs to be deeper because he's creative you see. Everyone else around him isn't making the right runs, they need to make the runs so he can create for them. This is very clearly complete bollocks but it will be the next excuse. It's Rooney towards the end all over again, almost identical excuses.

Not good enough to be first choice on the wing or up front.

cyberman

He trusts his skills in close quarters a little too much so isnt rushed when everything closes around him.
I would say the way he plays brings Rashford into the game a lot more but he loses a lot of his worth when Marcus isnt playing

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Talent's there but the mentality isn't. He can't play at this level, he is too inconsistent. The type of guy who'd become a legend at a West Ham or a Crystal Palace.

A good sidekick but not a leading man. Haaland would have been the one.

el3mel

Ok now what's next for him FC Martial fans? Out left didn't work, he should be a false 9. That didn't work, he should be up top. That didn't work so what next? He is a terrible player when he isn't bothered and to be fair that is quite often to be fair. We need a striker asap.
This Martial FC thing is stupid anyway. You will think he had led us to a league title while being the top goal scorer judging by such title. It just shows we are desperate to overrate any good thing happening in the current period because of how shite we are.

Eddy_JukeZ

One of the worst performances from a Manchester United striker you'll ever see.

I don't think I'm exaggerating either. He was that bad.

He needs a rocket up his butt. Plays with zero intensity.

Backrow Singer

I just want him to be more aggressive, to show some more fight. He’s got some ability but I just think he needs to toughen up and to give a little bit more (well a lot more really). He gets bullied too often IMO when it really counts and it’s a shame.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Zzzzzz, same ol' same ol' really, both from him and Martial FC with their shit excuses. Christ this guy is fecking tiresome.

mu4c_20le

Watching Aguero and his movement during the same 90 minutes just infuriates you a bit more.

He can be good at times, but needs direct, good goalscoring wingers/forwards on each side. Now that Rashford is gone, his flaws are far more highlighted.
Not entirely fair as they are different types, Aguero is more Rooney like. Wanted him so bad when he was at Atletico.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial's movement in the box makes the idea of signing Ighalo not completely horrific to me. :lol: He is just not a lead the line number 9. Van Persie, Van Nistlerooy that ain't him and it'll never be.

Andersons Dietician

Looked injured from the first few minutes and like he was protecting himself. Even in the latter stages there was a sprint and he just didn’t seem to be moving like normall. Suspicions of him carrying an injury aside, he wasn’t great today. Had like 3 moments where he actually did something good.

However if he isn’t injured and that’s the kind of effort he’s going to put in then he can pack his bags.

I could understand if Ole has said just stay up front and occupy their defenders, but if that’s your job and you’re not having to run about, at least challenge the defenders for the ball when it’s up in the air. He seemed to chicken out of so many aerial duels. Something he doesn’t normally do which again kind of adds to my suspicion of him carrying an injury but feck he was bad. Saved by Lingard being worse.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not entirely fair as they are different types, Aguero is more Rooney like. Wanted him so bad when he was at Atletico.
Yeah and it is a different system too playing in that City team. Aguero is a proper 9, this version of Martial is, I don't know, more a false 9 and needs proper runners and goal scoring wingers around him to make it work imo.
But, even then there is no excuse for that lack of movement. You'll see Firmino for example popping up all over the pitch and working harder then most players in his team. And on top of that, we actually try to press from upfront with Ole. He needs to up his game really.

SER19

I like martial. I think with better players behind him he can be great. But he should be ashamed of himself tonight

Bebestation

Yeah and it is a different system too playing in that City team. Aguero is a proper 9, this version of Martial is, I don't know, more a false 9 and needs proper runners and goal scoring wingers around him to make it work imo.
But, even then there is no excuse for that lack of movement. You'll see Firmino for example popping up all over the pitch and working harder then most players in his team. And on top of that, we actually try to press from upfront with Ole. He needs to up his game really.
Ole's whack tactically.

Martial isn't good enough to lead the line so if he's starting Greenwood I have no idea why he doesn't play Greenwood centrally and in the box whilst Martial can play behind him instead.

Martial literally makes no forward runs until he drops back first so play him behind a striker if you are playing him with a damn striker like Greenwood. Ole is lost. Would have helped Greenwood out aswell.

Mainoldo

He can’t do it on his own without quality. He’s not that type of player. Similar to Greenwood they need service.

He’s missing Rashford and Pogba I don’t expect a good performance from him until one of those return.

meamth

There can be no middle ground for some.
Some people forget that when Martial was missing, Rashford was shite.

In the beginning he made runs, but what's the point?? Lingard won't make that pass, Fred let him down, the supporting cast aren't just good enough.

Irwin99

Even with Rashford and Pogba i'm not convinced he's a proper number 9. He's just too passive. I think patience is running thin and if the club are in for another striker then it's either the left wing position or leave, and considering Rashford clearly prefers the left channel then it wouldn't surprise me to see Martial leave in a few years. He's a very talented player but this is his 4th season now.

meamth

Nonsense, his goals don't hide the limitations in his game
Young strikers will always have the shite period.

This is his shite period. He haven't found that consistency yet as a top striker, give him chance.

We all want a young squad, this is how we trust them.

The Purley King

Utter gash.
Tonight and also for a few games previously.
Where is the fecking effort? You can ponce about in midfield if you are inzaghi in the box but he’s not anywhere near a poacher.
His total lack of application, not just tonight but for his entire career does not make up for his undoubted ability.
Either shape up or feck off tony.
My money is on feck off.

Oldyella

This Martial FC thing is stupid anyway. You will think he had led us to a league title while being the top goal scorer judging by such title. It just shows we are desperate to overrate any good thing happening in the current period because of how shite we are.
The Martial FC is bloody stupid in general. Ridiculous term that seemingly comes up whenever anyone supports a player.Wish it would die a death, we are all utd fans, not martial fc, or ole fc, or jose fc fans.

As for Martial, we need to start looking at replacements, we cant rely on a striker that only plays well when Rashford plays. Hes had his shit this year and it's not working out. Hes got a lot of good attributes, but still cant nail down a position. And his lack of drive is infuriating.

Hammondo

Ole's whack tactically.

Martial isn't good enough to lead the line so if he's starting Greenwood I have no idea why he doesn't play Greenwood centrally and in the box whilst Martial can play behind him instead.

Martial literally makes no forward runs until he drops back first so play him behind a striker if you are playing him with a damn striker like Greenwood. Ole is lost. Would have helped Greenwood out aswell.
Martial would be terrible behind a player, and Greenwood has not proven he can lead the line.

Hammondo

Young strikers will always have the shite period.

This is his shite period. He haven't found that consistency yet as a top striker, give him chance.

We all want a young squad, this is how we trust them.
Hes never shown good movement though, hes been criticised for it since he joined.

crossy1686

career ending
Been saying this since the Mourinho fallout, but Martial just isn't good enough to play for United. He's massively inconsistent and we still don't know his best position.

Is there literally anyone left out there who's scared of selling him in the summer in case he becomes the next De Bryune or Salah? Because that was the concern a few years ago. The fact is he just doesn't have the right mentality to succeed at the level we want to compete at.

Sell in the summer if we get find a suitable replacement, while we can still get our money back on him or even make a profit. It's time to give someone else a chance.

James Ward

He should change his middle name to "the statue". Anthony "the statue" Martial.

Another player to get rid of in all honesty. You would think with the Euro's coming he would be putting in 200% to try and get into that France squad.

Just remember there is a reason why France are not picking him, he is not good enough whatsoever and his work rate is brutal.

He's a good player. not a great player!

Bebestation

Martial would be terrible behind a player, and Greenwood has not proven he can lead the line.
And why is Martial crap behind a player? He played behind strikers and in striking partnerships growing up.

Greenwood doesn't need to damn prove himself to lead the line for us - we need to win the damn match because Martial can't lead the line himself because he drops deep - what is the use of having Greenwood out wide in your understanding today?

Status
Not open for further replies.