Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
First half he seemed to be doing the basics ok, holding up the ball. 2nd half he gifted Wolves chances to counter with poor passes that were either intercepted or left the recipient in trouble.
Watch it another time, mate, if you can take that. He was constantly giving the ball away and couldn't control the ball.

Master Yoda

I always said we have one of the most overrated attackers. I mean look at Traore, half injured still beats/dribbles a player. I havent seen Martial go through defenders for a while, he cant hold the ball either. Completely useless. I dont even know if he was the nr 9 at some point, changed position couple of times, nothing works.

We need a striker who can hold on the ball for atleast 2 seconds. That would be a great feking start I would say.

acnumber9

At this point I'd love to see him dropped to the bench, because this bashing has been coming for some time now. Let Ighalo start ahead of him, if he performs better we'll know it's a Martial problem. If not, it's obviously a tactical issue.

Today 6 or 7 players were pretty rubbish. If it's one or two, fine, blame the players. 6 or 7? That's a tactical issue.

Drop him to the bench for a few games, let Ighalo start. Let's see what happens.
Or, the unthinkable third option, neither are good enough.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Some on here didn't want Haaland because 'that would hurt Martial's development' :lol:

thebelfastboy

Terrible performance from him today, probably his worst in a United shirt. Offered absolutely nothing.
Still, there's a player in there somewhere... Just not in that position.

KeanoMagicHat

Terrible second half performance, his form is concerning. Started the season well but has dipped since Christmas.

He'sRaldo

Or, the unthinkable third option, neither are good enough.
Same way Rashford wasn't good enough earlier in the season? Same way Fernandes was pretty average playing in a double pivot today? He wasn't good today, pretty damn poor actually, but no one was really. That's on management.

I'm tired of poor management wasting our best assets. In any case, let Ighalo start. I need to see for my eyes that the system is alright and the problem is with the striker.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Really disappointing today. I disagree with some though, think he has shown he can play with his back to goal this season. When playing well he has a good touch to trap a ball and bring others in to play. Consistency of course is a huge issue. He also needs others to play close to him to work through the middle.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I genuinely don't get it, he didn't had a shit game today. It was an average game with some good things in terms of hold up play and positioning in the box and some bad moments with poor touches and at least two opportunities to start a counter with a run where he failed. But what I don't is why people feel the need to go over the top, to some when he has a good game he is supposed to be the future Ballon d'Or winner and for others when he has an average or bad game he is the worst player ever and has all the flaws in the world.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Felt he was getting no support in the first half from our players but did reasonably ok winning freekicks in decent areas.
2nd half though he was nonexistent.

Axkiko

Get rid of him. Enough is enough. 24 years old and nobody can figure out what's his best position. He play as left wing and provide nothing on assist. He play as striker but he rarely go inside the box. What is he doing on the pitch?

Lazy, unambitious player. Sell him.

mu4c_20le

I genuinely don't get it, he didn't had a shit game today. It was an average game with some good things in terms of hold up play and positioning in the box and some bad moments with poor touches and at least two opportunities to start a counter with a run where he failed. But what I don't is why people feel the need to go over the top, to some when he has a good game he is supposed to be the future Ballon d'Or winner and for others when he has an average or bad game he is the worst player ever and has all the flaws in the world.
Agreed, I thought his movement was decent as well, he was constantly dragging the defenders out wide, but our play was too slow to be effective or threatening. I get people want him to play off the shoulder of the defenders and make runs straight at the goal, but that isn't realistic when they defend so deep like they did today.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
One of the worst strikers to play for this club. Welbeck offered more.

Don't be daft now. He's not hitting the heights that he can in theory, but he's far fecking better than Welbeck.

entropy

Watch it another time, mate, if you can take that. He was constantly giving the ball away and couldn't control the ball.
He has no one to link up with though? every time he was in possession he barely had anyone around him. I am not defending him but we seem to lack any strategy to get him involved and his frustration only seems to grow more and more.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He is not a centre forward and doesn't know how to be one. He's a left winger at best, but wingers need to cover a lot of ground and he doesn't do that either.

He is just never where a striker should be.

acnumber9

Same way Rashford wasn't good enough earlier in the season? Same way Fernandes was pretty average playing in a double pivot today? He wasn't good today, pretty damn poor actually, but no one was really. That's on management.

I'm tired of poor management wasting our best assets. In any case, let Ighalo start. I need to see for my eyes that the system is alright and the problem is with the striker.
No because when Rashford was playing poorly you could see it wasn’t for want of trying. You may need to see a good striker playing first for that test to work.

Stretfordender

Get your Martial excuses ready. The boy is hopeless, he has no fight, desire, heart or willingness to work hard. Needs to be moved on!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont think he is a CF. If all our players were fit i would put him on the RW. Have Rashford on the LW and Bruno in the ten. Pogba and Fred behind.

Martial is not a poacher like Van Nistelrooy was. He is not a target man like Diego costa is. And he is not an Aguero.

Play him on the RW and see if he performs.

Kostov

He was absolute shit today, no excuses. We also compliment him by a coach who has no idea how to play football and it's not a nice sight to watch.

He'sRaldo

No because when Rashford was playing poorly you could see it wasn’t for want of trying. You may need to see a good striker playing first for that test to work.
I suggest you go back and read Rashford's performance thread during that period.

In any case, I think anything other than "he's shite" will fall on deaf ears, so I say drop him! At least it will save us all the hassle.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He cannot push himself as well like other players can. Gets very tired easrily.

Ace of Spades

Felt he was getting no support in the first half from our players but did reasonably ok winning freekicks in decent areas.
2nd half though he was nonexistent.
This. He seems to have a serious mentality issue and just seems to give up when things get tough. He wants everything to be smooth and perfect, but when the chips are down he goes in a shell more often than not.

Both Jimenez and Martial had to do similar roles, difference was Jimenez kept trying till the end whereas Martial just sort of gave up.

I haven't given up on him, nor am I the 'Marial FC' type, hope this break gives him time to recover. We do need competition for him, and better wing options.

Conor

He was awful, but he also had very little chance of being able to play well, given how we attacked today.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think as well it was telling of Ole's mind when he said he is looking for a striker who will break his nose to score. That was a passive aggressive dig at Martial, in a sense that he does not work hard enough.

NinjaFletch

He's good at running at players in the channel between the right back and the right centre back and shooting with his right foot.

He's average or bad at everything else. I don't see any reason to be optimistic there's much more to come from him tbh.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Good thing seeing the majority coming to conclusion he's not a striker. Something I have been saying here for ages and still people were totally convinced whenever he was poor that the problem was him playing on the left and he's a striker by nature ? :houllier:

Can see Ighalo benching him and I'm not even that convinced with him.
With him i don't think it matters where he plays when he hes "one of those games" like he had today and vs Burnely. I dont know what the feck it is whit him. It seems like hes not mentally checked in, and he does absolutely nothing all game

Ace of Spades

His best moment was when he tackled Juan Mata just as he was about to shoot. Inspired.
That was quite stupid, was so frustrated when that happened. It fell perfectly for Mata, and on his left too with a bit of time to pick a spot.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
When you look at how Jimenez played today and worked his fecking ass off watching Martial makes you puke.
I was thinking the same. He also dribbled past a few players and worked De Gea. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if we were to swap them at this rate.

el3mel

With him i don't think it matters where he plays when he hes "one of those games" like he had today and vs Burnely. I dont know what the feck it is whit him. It seems like hes not mentally checked in, and he does absolutely nothing all game
True and I absolutely hate that about him. When he's poor he's not just poor, he's simply invisible and doing feck all. Other top players can still nick a goal or so whenever they have performance but Martial isn't one.

However he's not good enough to be striker in general imo. Always maintained that opinion. It was just used an excuse whenever he played poor. We should have kept him on the left, at least even while being rubbish he can make one good dribble one on one and create something.

Everything about him as a striker screams he's not one. Spends the majority of the game outside the box and barely takes good positions in.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
How does this guy have a cult following on here? Baffling.

Lost patience with him today. That moment when we were bombing forward in the second half and he was the last man sauntering behind everyone was the moment I realised he doesn’t belong here.

Bin him off to Spurs in the summer (if Jose has gone by then).

Kostur

海尔的老板
I was thinking the same. He also dribbled past a few players and worked De Gea. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if we were to swap them at this rate.
Me neither quite frankly. He's still living off his hype against that Liverpool match I presume. 6 years and he hasn't developed shit.

RedIan

He looks like a player who doesnt have to fight for his place. Very little movement form him, poor touch nd caught in possession. Id trade him for wolves 9 any day.

redshaw

At this point I'd love to see him dropped to the bench, because this bashing has been coming for some time now. Let Ighalo start ahead of him, if he performs better we'll know it's a Martial problem. If not, it's obviously a tactical issue.

Today 6 or 7 players were pretty rubbish. If it's one or two, fine, blame the players. 6 or 7? That's a tactical issue.

Drop him to the bench for a few games, let Ighalo start. Let's see what happens.
I see Martial moving to the left with Ighalo up front and Greenwood/James on the right.

While Martial has been disappointing, over a season he's one of our better attackers and probably is better on the left while Rashford is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.