Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

I can't be the only one who thinks he didn't dive for the penalty, the defender made more contact than Luiz earlier against Wolves.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A whisker wide of a hat trick, best performance of the season. Hopefully it kickstarts a much better 2021.

Red & White

Delighted to see him get a couple tonight, just the sort of game he needed and hopefully he can kick on now and give us another strong second half to a season.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I can't be the only one who thinks he didn't dive for the penalty, the defender made more contact than Luiz earlier against Wolves.
He made the contact because Martial was on his way down and left his leg hanging there.

It was a dive but it changed nothing so whatever. It will put doubt in ref's minds going forward though.

snk123

Barely celebrated both goals, dived for that pen at 6-0.

Playing armchair psychologist here but I think he’s pissed with all the criticisms coming his way and wanted to set it right, and knew that goals against this Soton side wouldn’t be enough.
His family has received death threats. He’s been racially abused. He’s been made the scapegoat of literally every bad collective performance this season.

I don’t think his mind is there to give his all. Ole needs to make him motivated - he looks so off from his body language.

Raven

Playing armchair psychologist here but I think he’s pissed with all the criticisms coming his way and wanted to set it right, and knew that goals against this Soton side wouldn’t be enough.
He's probably still a bit bummed out by the death threats and racism towards him and his family. Probably quite a scary time for him, showed a fairly strong mentality to respond with such a performance.

BEST No7

Brilliant two goals finished them superbly, hopefully kicks on from here. This talk of him not celebrating is bs tbh. The game was over just like scoring in a training game, especially with no fans there

UncleBob

Pretty much standard, that

InfiniteBoredom

Pretty much standard, that
Not really, you won’t see him doing a knee slide at the corner flag, but reactions today were very muted.

It’s been a rough season, and now with explicit racism and death threats on social media, I would be surprised if it didn’t weigh on his mind.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Very happy to see him get the goal tonight. I know he’s been really poor this season but people have genuinely been ignoring how good he was at the end of last season and just how much it has impacted the team losing that level of quality this campaign. I hope that this can be the catalyst for him and our strike force to really finish the season with a bang. I’m pretty confident that if they find form we can go very close indeed.

Brad2020

Racism fails because Martial prevails! Hope they catch the people who sent the vile tweets and threats.

Great to see him score two goals. The first one was a magnificent effort, I hope this is a turning point for him, United need him confident going forward.

Devil may care

Looked hungry, took his goals really well and could have had a hat-trick as well as getting a penalty. Hopefully this will serve as a confidence booster.

RedDevil@84

Hope it is a step in the right direction for Martial. The team desperately needs someone to keep scoring. We cannot have our 2 experienced forwards blanking.

Obiorahking_

Glad that he got going but as one of his biggest supporters earlier on he is still on borrowed time.

frookydinho

I've been very critical of him, but that first goal he scored was fantastic. That was a proper number 9 goal

Alemar

2 goals out of 3 great chances. Very solid conversion rate today

el3mel

There was contact. He did dive.
Yeah. There was a contact. The way he threw himself was exaggerated though. No way the contact deserved the way he fell off.

But who cares. It was for us anyway. Good job for the 2 goals though. I really liked the finish in them.

RUCK4444

I don't blame him but it was definitely a dive. He said as much to the defender by the look of it.

They should rescind that red card for Bednarek imo. Super harsh to lose him for 3 games for that.

RedDevil@84

The way he threw himself was exaggerated though. No way the contact deserved the way he fell off.
Refs won't give you anything if there is no hard fall. You stay on your feet and refs won't give you anything, even if you are pulled back in the box.
Some dive a bit less dramatically though. This was prime Salah dive.

Swiss_Red89

I liked how he didn't look happy when he scored. Shows that he knows that his performances weren't good enough recently and he now has to step up more often when called upon.
(I don't hope it's the other way around and he was just sulking because he didn't play from the beginning, but don't think so).

Really hope this gives him confidence. We need this Version of Tony.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Played well and dispatched his chances with aplomb. Hopefully he can kick on now because his ability to link and hold play is absolutely superb when he's playing well and takes us up another level.

el3mel

Refs won't give you anything if there is no hard fall. You stay on your feet and refs won't give you anything, even if you are pulled back in the box.
Some dive a bit less dramatically though. This was prime Salah dive.
That's a good point in fairness.

-Supreme-

His touch, strength and link up is what we saw of him last year but for whatever the reason he was no where to be seen this season.

Hope he kicks on now as when he's on form he's on par with Bruno as our most important players in the team.

AshRK

Good showing today. He has a top class player in him but needs to be consistent. I hope this Kickstarts his goal scoring form and he can end the season with 20 plus goals in all competitions.

Foxbatt

There were two contacts made on him. The second one was when he was already on his way down.

Mcking

Think he should continue from the bench if Cavani is good to play against Everton.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fingers crossed that's the start of him kicking back into form. I said it a few weeks ago, but Martial getting back into the kind of form he was showing last season is probably the single biggest boost this team can get that might just push us all the way to truly competing for the title in the last weeks of the season. For now he should stay behind Cavani (who shouldn't be expected to play every match), but if Martial can get back into top form he's still our best option up there.

OhGee

Yes, battling it out with Wan-Bissaka at the moment.
4 actually - one short of Cavani. Hope he goes on a crazy run like after Project Restart and prove all of you haters wrong. We need all of our front players to start banging them in if we are to be considered serious title contenders

Djemba-Djemba

4 actually - one short of Cavani. Hope he goes on a crazy run like after Project Restart and prove all of you haters wrong. We need all of our front players to start banging them in if we are to be considered serious title contenders
Please don't use that term.

It's so stupid.

He's been fecking terrible this season and the Sheffield Utd game was him at rock bottom. He was good tonight when he came on though and I'm praying it kick starts him back into form. A fit and in form Martial and we will have a great chance of winning some trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.