Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

The 2 finishes were great.

Well, I hope he kicks on from there and helps us in the upcoming crucial period of the season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
For the first time in awhile he looked really bright. Thank God. Let's hope for more of the same going forward.

Raven

That's what the feck I'm talking about. Best performance of his season by miles. That was like the Martial of last season. I hope this is a proper return to form now.

The Original

Martial is so cool...Martial scores, looks unbothered. Martial misses, looks unbothered. Martial scores an excellent second, still unbothered.

RedDevilRoshi

Really hope those two goals do him the world of good and kickstarts his season now.

So unlucky not to grab a hattrick either tonight.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Delighted for him - looked like the martial of last year tonight

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know I’m in the minority, but I love that he dived for a pen at 6-0. If you wanna win the league you’ve gotta be bastards :devil:

RUCK4444

I've been super critical of him and rightly so imo, two very well taken goals tonight which hopefully will give him some confidence.

If we are to stay in the mix at the top we need him playing well. All most of us ask is that he puts the work in on the pitch and shows that desire, speaking for myself I can forgive the missed chances if you can see the player is giving his all. Let's hope the penny finally drops.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Big game from him in that 2nd half, hopefully this fires him up ready for the next month. We need all of our forwards clicking. Excellent goals.

RedIan

Same here ive given him some shit for being lazy. Tonight he showed what he can do, superb close control on the chest and bang pick those two out. I may add about time But a great 45 minutes.

Mbappe2021

Supports
Real madrid
I am one of his biggest fan but damn the penalty was soft and he has the bad habit to hit the floor way too easily . Great 2 goals but should have scored the one vs the goalkeeper,i was expecting him to fake to shoot or a step over and then shoot with his left.

Glorio

I was watching a shooting drill on the official site a few weeks ago maybe (the one that had the Diallo goal), and Martial was banging goals in for fun - probably why Ole's been desperately trying to play him back into form.

Hopefully he kicks on - if our forwards rediscover last season's form, we'll be a force.

Idxomer

1st goal was class.

Hopefully, he kicks on and we get the Martial of last season in the next few months.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Took both goals incredibly well and won the pen. Better performance, looked hungrier and driving to the ball.

Kudos to him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think I speak for everyone here, Solskjaer and Tony himself when I say that, if he gets into a run of good form now, it's thanks to you!

Here's hoping he does kick on, though. Getting to where we are in the league with the three m's being out of form is very impressive, so who knows what we could achieve if they all got back to playing how they did last season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We need this Martial for the second half of the season. Unplayable today, so strong, excellent control and finishing.

Silas

Hope this is just the start! Inches away from a hattrick.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
2 good finishes, a little disappointing that none of his attempted 1-2s came off. That's the forward of last season I want to see - a #9 linking play, making runs, and finishing 1v1s.

The United

He and greenwood touch the ball too much before they shoot. I thought he could have gotten another goal in the early 2nd half where he gave the defense to close him down by well touching the ball instead of shooting it right away.

Both of them finding some scoring form would be vital to our 2nd half. Hope it starts for Martial now.

G-MUFC

Absolutely loved his goals tonight! Wish so much that he would play like that more often and score more goals like that. Night and day to what he served up against Sheffield United. If we can get him to kick on like this for the second half of the season it'll make a massive difference to us.

InfiniteBoredom

Barely celebrated both goals, dived for that pen at 6-0.

Playing armchair psychologist here but I think he’s pissed with all the criticisms coming his way and wanted to set it right, and knew that goals against this Soton side wouldn’t be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.