Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
His performance today is what I would expect from Dan James. He ran around, he tried. That's it. Not what you want from a 'gamechanger.'

UnitedRepublic

He had a alright game to be fair wasn’t lazy and wasn’t selfish. Was involved in the build up for Cavanis 1st chance & was in the box at the right moment for Cavanis second chance. Cavani should of left the ball when Rashford cut it back and Cavani got a bad touch on it. Martial is a team player he needs players that link up with him you won’t see him take a shot out of nowhere.

It’s kinda hard being a striker in our team right now you won’t see the ball too much. We’re just a bunch of individuals with no playing pattern no passing no triangels it’s embarrasing we need to do better it’s not that the movement is bad it’s the placement of the players we’re not exploiting the dangerous areas with triangel passing and such. We only do side ways passing to the wings and from the wings it goes to the box or back to the second third(middle) of the pitch. If it goes to the 3rd of the pitch we’re to far up the pitch and not packed enough to open up teams with quick short passing 1-2s.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Ash_G

He had a alright game to be fair wasn’t lazy and wasn’t selfish. Was involved in the build up for Cavanis 1st chance & was in the box at the right moment for Cavanis second chance. Cavani should of left the ball when Rashford cut it back and Cavani got a bad touch on it. Martial is a team player he needs players that link up with him you won’t see him take a shot out of nowhere.

It’s kinda hard being a striker in our team right now you won’t see the ball too much. We’re just a bunch of individuals with no playing pattern no passing no triangels it’s embarrasing we need to do better it’s not that the movement is bad it’s the placement of the players we’re not exploiting the dangerous areas with triangel passing and such. We only do side ways passing to the wings and from the wings it goes to the box or back to the second third(middle) of the pitch. If it goes to the 3rd of the pitch we’re to far up the pitch and not packed enough to open up teams with quick short passing 1-2s.
Agreed, although still not the level we'd want I did think we saw a reaction from him. I agree with your overall point that Martial is someone who thrives when we link up quickly e.g. his play with Shaw in the box but we're not getting enough of that between our attacking players. I think Martial can do more himself to be impactful on games e.g. run at someone, try a shot etc but I also think people have been harsh on him as we really don't create much for him to work with nor do we create any real space for him or other attackers to get one on one with a defender.

Wilt

Struggling to think of a more overrated player than Martial

Had a bit of a reaction today in terms of effort level...but he was still way, way off it. I'm fully on board with selling him, if we can get a buyer for a reasonable fee.

Zero chance he ever becomes a truly top-end forward with his low desire and fragile confidence. You can't aspire to win things consistently while having players you have to baby into form every few months.

Brophs

The One and Only
Against those packed defences when he's on the left he ends up almost becoming a playmaker out there and it doesn't really suit him. He's not a player who's going to see a pass, so the move ball usually gets funnelled back into midfield.

Cecc07

I don't know what is going on with him, but I just give up on him. He should be benched and maybe sold if he did not improve his form. New striker will be needed.

snk123

Some of you lot are a right bunch of idiots who’ve never even touched a football.

Matt851

I love this rewriting of history going on here. Martial shows a lack of effort in one game yet here we are talking about his laziness throughout the season. Classic shit posters.
Oh come on, one game! I can only assume its the first game you watched this season if you wanted
It was an improvement tonight. Obviously still not good, but wasn't bad either.
I didnt see any improvement. Would be better off playing dan james

Sylar

Think he was the wrong person to bring on when Scott came off.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Martial doesn't look like he care. He is probably thinking of going back to France once the transfer market open, there are likely some teams willing to take him. I think he will gone for less than 20 million. I consider him a flop moving to Utd at a record fee as a teenager. Hasn't progress in the last 3-4 years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He wasn't giving it away carelessly and worked hard enough off the ball. But he didn't do anything of note. He didn't create anything. He didn't have any chances. Can't recall a single shot from him.

Thats the issue with him this season. He hasn't looked like scoring, he never gets in chances and never creates them anymore. I dont mind a performance like Cavani where he got the chances but missed. It happens to all the elite strikers. They are the elite strikers not because they score every chance, but because they will always get them. XG is a great stat to show this. Lewandowski and Ronaldo, over the previous 5 + years, are either under hitting their xG or right around it. They aren't "clinical", but they just know how to get so many good chances. Cavani is the same. You know he'll score the next ones. With Martial? You don't know when he'll get a chance again. As someone in our front 3, he just plain and simple doesn't do enough.

mav_9me

His performance today is what I would expect from Dan James. He ran around, he tried. That's it. Not what you want from a 'gamechanger.'
Spot on

He wasn't giving it away carelessly and worked hard enough off the ball. But he didn't do anything of note. He didn't create anything. He didn't have any chances. Can't recall a single shot from him.

Thats the issue with him this season. He hasn't looked like scoring, he never gets in chances and never creates them anymore. I dont mind a performance like Cavani where he got the chances but missed. It happens to all the elite strikers. They are the elite strikers not because they score every chance, but because they will always get them. XG is a great stat to show this. Lewandowski and Ronaldo, over the previous 5 + years, are either under hitting their xG or right around it. They aren't "clinical", but they just know how to get so many good chances. Cavani is the same. You know he'll score the next ones. With Martial? You don't know when he'll get a chance again. As someone in our front 3, he just plain and simple doesn't do enough.
Getting so few chances is the biggest worry for a forward. That's been the case with him pretty much all season. Add to that horrendous misses with whatever he has gotten and then his complete lack of work ethic in attack makes for a disastrous season.

UnitedRepublic

According to media Martials family has been reciving death threats and security levels has been raised around his house.

How low are some people willing to go to express their frustration. At the end of the day these players are humans trying to do their job. The fans that are doing this is just putting more pressure on the players and making it a living hell for them. We’re Manchester United we have to be United.

It’s better to stay quite if you don’t have nothing good to say. I’m sure that the club tells the players that they have to perform better and that they’re trying to get the best out of the players.

Frank White

According to media Martials family has been reciving death threats and security levels has been raised around his house.

How low are some people willing to go to express their frustration. At the end of the day these players are humans trying to do their job. The fans that are doing this is just putting more pressure on the players and making it a living hell for them. We’re Manchester United we have to be United.

It’s better to stay quite if you don’t have nothing good to say. I’m sure that the club tells the players that they have to perform better and that they’re trying to get the best out of the players.
Like it's probably been pointed out here the majority of the people doing this probably aren't even United fans not that that's any consolation.

Attention seeking lowlifes who hide behind a anonymous profile. Disgusting that's it's even come to this but disabling the comments or just allowing verified followers to reply might have to be the way forward if nothing is done by twitter/Instagram to combat it.

Raven

They're not United fans, they're scum who don't have a place in this world.

Djemba-Djemba

He was much better today, I appreciated the effort. But his dribbling ability is no longer exist anymore, not just one game, this whole season, never the same player as last season anymore. Feels like I was screaming for Grealish at one point today.
I mean that is a huge problem isn't it.

Martial actually put some effort in for a change and we have Utd fans appreciative of it. He should be putting in the effort every game!

I'm glad he's on the bench tonight, he should be on the bench for a while even if he comes on and scores the winner. He needs to be made aware his lack of effort and energy in recent weeks can't be tolerated.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I mean that is a huge problem isn't it.

Martial actually put some effort in for a change and we have Utd fans appreciative of it. He should be putting in the effort every game!

I'm glad he's on the bench tonight, he should be on the bench for a while even if he comes on and scores the winner. He needs to be made aware his lack of effort and energy in recent weeks can't be tolerated.
I’m glad too. Greenwood deserves his chance. Greenwood recently been offering much more and good work rate too.

Dinghy

Imagine how good those goals would have been if Cavani scored them.

Polar

Long time no seen. Nice to finally have Martial back in business. Forgot how good he can be.

Mainoldo

Good runs, good hold up play, good finishing.

Hopefully that gave him some confidence and hopefully get the ignorant off his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.