Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GledTheRed

Shouldnt even be near the starting lineup at this point. We desperatly need to get in a player like Sancho to replace him cause this awful "shape" of his is hurting us badly. Just dont understand whats going on with him tbh, is it something mentally or why isnt he performing??
I'd rather Neto or Raphina.

Giggs' right foot

I will be so thrilled the day he leaves... walking around with his chin in the air, not taking runs or anything... imagine having peaked at 19.

Drainy

In the metric where he didn't make one brainless decision after another all game.

He also didn't leave the WBA player pass the ball as he likes while he stood there beside him doing nothing before the goal.
Rashford actually put himself out there for people like you to criticise him and was actually one of our better players if you watched more than the last 10 mins. Martial did nothing all game and was rightly hooked.

acnumber9

More due to his age/position. I'm not suggesting we could make our money back, but you'd expect someone like Inter/Roma would be willing to stake £30m on him. Think he'd do better in a less physical league.
Can’t see them taking on that wage. Aren’t Inter in big money troubles?

Jackal981

Get him out of the club asap. If his name is Anthony Martin he would be playing in Championship. What can he even do in the pitch

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I disagree with that to be honest. He’s never been this poor in a Utd shirt. Even under Mourinho when he was in and out the side, he continued to carry a threat and chip in with goals and assists. This is absolutely not his true level and I think that’s been clear but Man Utd are an elite team and we can’t wait around to wait for his performance level to return to par. He will be shipped out if he stays at this level all season.
I do agree, his level is better. But my point is that overall, over a season, it's not enough. We should be seeing a lot more from him now, top players step up when the team needs them.

I don't think it's working, I can't see it work out for us anymore. His style doesn't work, what we demand is maybe too much for him.

OrcaFat

Badly out of form. Maybe he’s unhappy with Cavani taking his central spot. Not pulling his weight just now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Rashford at least was trying.

Martial was just walking around the pitch like the fat bloke on a pub team. :lol:

Smores

Can't see a single reason why the manager persists playing him. Not only does it make our performances worse but what kind of example is it setting when you can play that bad and get games.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Badly out of form. Maybe he’s unhappy with Cavani taking his central spot. Not pulling his weight just now.
If that's his attitude at having to share his position with other top strikers, how exactly does he expect to ever play for a big club?

Terrible mentality. Total passenger this season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Unhappy with Zlatan taking his number, Sanchez taking his role, Cavani taking his spot makes him unhappy and not fight. If that is the case, it is not the attitude required.

Idxomer

Rashford actually put himself out there for people like you to criticise him and was actually one of our better players if you watched more than the last 10 mins. Martial did nothing all game and was rightly hooked.
This is pointless.

Considering I pointed to an incident in the 1st 5 minutes, it's obvious I've only watched the last 10 minutes.

Btw I think Cavani should've been brought off before either of them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I do agree, his level is better. But my point is that overall, over a season, it's not enough. We should be seeing a lot more from him now, top players step up when the team needs them.

I don't think it's working, I can't see it work out for us anymore. His style doesn't work, what we demand is maybe too much for him.
I begrudgingly am beginning to feel the same way. Massive shame as I love him as player on form and I’ll always have a fondness for some of the magnificent goals he’s scored. Honestly no idea what’s gone so wrong this season.

Frank White

0 key passes, 0 successful dribbles, 0 crosses & 0 shots. Quality wing play.
Jesus, you can't argue with that but some posters will try and Raven just happens to be one. Another nothing game from the lad and by that I mean quite literal he just does nothing.

Early on Martial FC had the he "held the ball up well" to use as a tool to argue why he should be playing but even that's gone now. He's had a absolutely shocking season and honestly wouldn't be sad to see him go at the end of it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think that Cavani coming along might be it. Similar to when Zlatan came along. If he can't up his game and see the opportunity in learning from a much better player in Edinson, then he's at the wrong club. We're not a little pond, we're a large ocean. As you say, he'd thrive at an Everton type club. Time to get rid before he stinks the place up to point it transcends to younger players.
Yeah. Turns to shit the moment a senior striker is brought to the team.

Get rid. Never going to turn the corner.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
In the metric where he didn't make one brainless decision after another all game.

He also didn't leave the WBA player pass the ball as he likes while he stood there beside him doing nothing before the goal.
I'd be quite happy to see him make some brainless decisions, it would mean he's actually doing something. Maguire was making more runs down the left than him.

acnumber9

Clueless.
You certainly are. He was fecking dreadful. How can a forward do nothing at all and still be considered to have been better than Rashford. Name one positive thing he did in the game today, one occasion where he tried to create something.

sokol11

Yup, already said he was poor. Anything else to add?
That he is shite lazy cnut that should leave as soon as possible? My mood dropped as soon as I saw him in the starting lineup as I knew we will be playing with one player less. And sadly so it was...

Giggs' right foot

Since last season as number 9 the competition he’s had has been Ighalo on loan and a 33 - now 34 - year old Cavani. fecking hell, if those short-term deals is enough for him to sulk, he shouldn’t be a footballer at more than a mid-table club.

Raven

Jesus, you can't argue with that but some posters will try and Raven just happens to be one. Another nothing game from the lad and by that I mean quite literal he just does nothing.

Early on Martial FC had the he "held the ball up well" to use as a tool to argue why he should be playing but even that's gone now. He's had a absolutely shocking season and honestly wouldn't be sad to see him go at the end of it.
If you're gonna name me and chat shite, you may as well tag me. I've said he was poor today and agree he's had a poor season, so what exactly are you banging on about?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He got the basics right, which is more than any other attacker on the pitch.
Which basics are these, he often stood still when balls came in, played the ball back to the man who gave it him on the wing. He didn’t beat his man once, often looked frustrated and gave fouls away when he lost the ball. A throwaway comment to say he got the basics right when we’ve all just watched the match to see he absolutely didn’t.

acnumber9

Actually, he didn’t. Less passes than Rashford, less successful passes, more unsuccessful touches and didn’t try to create a single thing. If the basics are pass backwards, then yeah he probably passed backwards more.

Raven

That he is shite lazy cnut that should leave as soon as possible? My mood dropped as soon as I saw him in the starting lineup as I knew we will be playing with one player less. And sadly so it was...
He worked hard today. Why don't you try watching our matches?

Bristol_Red_87

His lack of movement and instincts as a forward are atrocious.

He has had one purple patch post lockdown last season and has otherwise been distinctly average or non-existent.

Whether its a lack of confidence that plays out as a lack of effort, who know's, but either way, he simply doesn't have the mentality to be a consistent performer for us.

Move on in the Summer, please.

Idxomer

I'd be quite happy to see him make some brainless decisions, it would mean he's actually doing something. Maguire was making more runs down the left than him.
He isn't a left-winger anymore, it's a mistake the manager keeps playing him there and expecting anything different after last season.

Drainy

the basics!!!!

He was dispossessed as many times as Rashford and had the most bad touches out of everyone in the team, while creating nothing, having no shots, beating noone and giving away the joint post fouls.

CLUELESS.

OrcaFat

Since last season as number 9 the competition he’s had has been Ighalo on loan and a 33 - now 34 - year old Cavani. fecking hell, if those short-term deals is enough for him to sulk, he shouldn’t be a footballer at more than a mid-table club.
Quite so.

OrcaFat

Unhappy with Zlatan taking his number, Sanchez taking his role, Cavani taking his spot makes him unhappy and not fight. If that is the case, it is not the attitude required.
I agree.

Mani

Clear lack of efforts frustrates everyone, no clear movement and he needs everything in his foot, would play VDB in his place with slight tweak in formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.