Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

If any of you people can see the midfielders aren’t looking for him neither is the main attacking outlets Rashford & Bruno it’s a no brainer that he won’t be involved and since the others are losing the ball constantly he is the playing it safe most of the time.

Last season he was the main man before Bruno and when Rashford was injured this season is all about Bruno Rashford and Cavani it’s easy to understand why he’s playing like he’s playing.
Mate, there's nothing to look for. He doesn't make any runs, is always isolated on the far left, Luke Shaw offers more attacking threat than he does. Only time you see Martial is when he drops deep takes a touch and passes it back to exactly the same guy that passed him the ball. Bloody Mctominay offered and offers more going forward than him. Stop the agenda. Even when he plays up front doesn't offer shit all.

The only difference between this season and last season is Cavani. Just like when Ibra/Lukaku came he doesn't have the mentality to fight or perform for his spot and prefers to cower down and sulk like a coward. Get rid. Replace. ASAP.

RedIan

Poor again, no energy or passion and definitely no movement. Greenwood needs to be given the nod on the right and Rashford on the left with this “le sulk” on the bench.

Walters_19_MuFc

Its like his forgot how to dribble which is something he used to be so good at when being played on the wings.

He's also playing more like a wide playmaker, as opposed to a winger. Too many times he's playing in the pockets which, against compact sides such as today, means you very get room to run with the ball.

The space is out wide and as we saw from Greenwood when he came on, when you hang out wide, it gives you the opportunity to go at your man. Martial had very little, if any, opportunities to do that today and that was based on his poor positioning.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah he’s in-defendable at the moment. Just shocking this season. No real threat, not using his dribbling and doesn’t even have the goals/assists to fall back on. I’m pretty gutted to be honest, one of my favourite players and looked to be kicking on to being a world class player last season. I never ever imagined he would be this poor this season.

Gavinb33

If any of you people can see the midfielders aren’t looking for him neither is the main attacking outlets Rashford & Bruno it’s a no brainer that he won’t be involved and since the others are losing the ball constantly he is the playing it safe most of the time.

Last season he was the main man before Bruno and when Rashford was injured this season is all about Bruno Rashford and Cavani it’s easy to understand why he’s playing like he’s playing.
So it's everyone else's fault right, Anthony is that you?

KennyBurner

How did I know this thread was going to be filled with frustrated posters singling him out? He was average at worst. My biggest criticism of him is he doesn’t take on defenders anymore. I don’t know why and Ole should be pointing this out to him if he already isn’t.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How did I know this thread was going to be filled with frustrated posters singling him out? He was average at worst. My biggest criticism of him is he doesn’t take on defenders anymore. I don’t know why and Ole should be pointing this out to him if he already isn’t.
Not his movement or lack thereof

eire-red

EL and cup games for the rest of the season please. Another nothing performance, we look so much better with Rashford left, Cavani up top and Greenwood right.

It was a bizarre decision to start Martial today.

el3mel

Feck him off then to a team where he can be a main player. I doubt anyone will miss him.

Nr.7

Can’t stand the sight of him. I actually dont want him to hit form ( if that’s even possible), I just want him gone.

MattofManchester

Deluded. He made two good passes all game, did absolutely nothing for 65 minutes outside of that, and apparently that's an "average" game.

Saddy

This fraud sums up where we are as a club - thinks he's made it and gets the big contract then shows no desire to match the increased effort teams put in against United. Clearly thinks he's better than he is !

We will not challenge for trophies and the league title with him starting in the team.

Needs dropping and telling firmly where he stands so he has to fight for his place against Rashford down the left - if he doesn't improve this season he should be sold

Holters

I've said this for years now. I hope we cash in on Martial - if there is even any value left at all. He can't handle competition (Zlatan/Cavani), his work rate is atrocious, his body language is provocative and he seems to struggle mentally with prolonged blue patches. Shifting Rashford over to the right, who is clearly more effective on the left, is not the right move. Greenwood has shown promise of getting back into form lately. He should be playing on the right. If we are going to play Martial, play him as a number 9. He doesn't work on the left. His only contribution to this team is his hold-up play. We need to move on from Martial. We would be so much better off bringing Grealish/Sancho in to compete for the wings rather than continuing to hope Martial will make it to the next level.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Because he was crap and has been all season. A teenager came on for him and improved us purely by using his legs to actually move on the pitch. Nobody with any sense would still defend him.

DevTheRed

I don’t think his personality is good enough for the club. Sure you need arrogance to play for the club, but he just doesn’t seem to care about anything, he doesn’t work hard enough.. he’s on player who I would have no regrets if we sold. Good player, but will never be world class.

Idxomer

He's been scapegoated by the fans and Ole, he was okay overall but was substituted before two worse performers in Cavani and Rashford.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His wages are too bloated, he's not even trying to stay one whole season on form... f*ck form, there's no solid effort to begin with.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think he needs to go in summer, he's had plenty of chances.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Believed in him for a long, long time. But it's just gone now. What a shame could have been a superstar of the game but no energy, passion, commitment, desire. Just atrocious, must be dropped for Greenwood ASAP.

Raven

He's been scapegoated by the fans and Ole, he was okay overall but was substituted before two worse performers in Cavani and Rashford.
I agree, he was definitely better than the other 2 jokers but he only played 120 minutes a couple days ago.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'm a huge Martial fan, but I have to come to accept he is not good enough. Last season was a fluke, just hit good form, something clicked and it worked out great.

But this is more of the Martial we have seen at United. Time to move on I'm afraid.
I disagree with that to be honest. He’s never been this poor in a Utd shirt. Even under Mourinho when he was in and out the side, he continued to carry a threat and chip in with goals and assists. This is absolutely not his true level and I think that’s been clear but Man Utd are an elite team and we can’t wait around to wait for his performance level to return to par. He will be shipped out if he stays at this level all season.

acnumber9

What did Martial do that was better than the two or three really good crosses Rashford put in? Except for not bother trying to get on the end of them?

Idxomer

OK :lol: FFS
By what metric was Martial better than Rashford?
In the metric where he didn't make one brainless decision after another all game.

He also didn't leave the WBA player pass the ball as he likes while he stood there beside him doing nothing before the goal.

the_cliff

Martial plays like we're up 5-0 when it's 1-1 and plays like it's 1-1 when we're up 5-0.
How can you look more bothered when we're up 5-0 against Southampton than today.

The only reason Martial didn't look brainless is because he never touched the ball. I couldn't remember one thing Martial did the whole game. But I remember Rashford making runs, trying whipping in crosses beating players. Martial did absolutely sweet feck all.

yamo123x

Another 200k banked this week, what a total waste of time, would rather us give elanga, diallo or Mjebri some minutes ahead of this arrogant lazy individual.

Barthez

He’s a good player but not a great player in my opinion. Probably time to move him on.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
From who? He doesn’t start for anybody who could afford his wages.
More due to his age/position. I'm not suggesting we could make our money back, but you'd expect someone like Inter/Roma would be willing to stake £30m on him. Think he'd do better in a less physical league.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Like Troopz often says "I've had enough of this shit Robbie". Martial can piss off as far as I'm concerned, disgraceful performance lacking even the most basic things required for a player

Bobski

Lazy, static, waste of a shirt recently.

Wasting his ability because of his mentality.

acnumber9

Just checked his stats for the game on Whoscored. He’d zero dribbles, zero shots and zero key passes. Average at worst apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.