Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nobody is going to have much money this summer. Nobody will give us what we want for him or match his wages.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Haha, everybody is there at that point but let's not feel too bad, he only has himself to blame for it.
20+ goals last season, this was supposed to be the season he materialises from potential to a top tier no.9, man. I’m tired, Robbie.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Literally, what the hell has happened to him?! I can’t believe how bad he has become, last season was a great platform for him to improve from.
He was fine until Zlatan came, then he sulked, did it again when Lukaku showed up, then had a very good season without those guys who work harder and played better, so he looked class, now Cavani is in. Boy back to sulking. We should have known it when he was angry when Jose took his number and gave it to Ibra. Not a nice thing to do, but it is Zlatan ffs, it is the world of football today, and Martial have done nothing in football, compared to Ibra, to react like that.
He thinks highly of himself but does not show it on the pitch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thought Southampton game might be the turning point this season but shame it wasn't. Very poor season for him. Hopefully he steps up
and scores few goals.

Ace of Spades

That was an abysmal performance, and I usually don't like to post immediately after games,but the difference in effort in him and James was like night and day.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He was fine until Zlatan came, then he sulked, did it again when Lukaku showed up, then had a very good season without those guys who work harder and played better, so he looked class, now Cavani is in. Boy back to sulking. We should have known it when he was angry when Jose took his number and gave it to Ibra. Not a nice thing to do, but it is Zlatan ffs, it is the world of football today, and Martial have done nothing in football, compared to Ibra, to react like that.
He thinks highly of himself but does not show it on the pitch.
He did it when Sanchez came too iirc.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Seriously, what's happening to this guy? I'm a massive fan but it's hard to defend him.
I think a summer move would be good for both parties, question is who? And who do we sign?

bondsname

I’ve been patient with him but it’s enough now. It’s even come to the point we should consider selling him, this is beyond unacceptable.

Guv77

Where's the "it's only a blip" crowd?

This lad gets more free rides than any player I've ever known.
Don’t forget the “he will play himself into form” brigade, 30 games and were still waiting.

Djemba-Djemba

That's where I am too, alas. Depresses the feck out of me these days, watching him. Where's his redemption coming from? Hard to know.
I thought he'd cracked it last season and he'd push on from there.

But it's not even like it's only been a slight decline, it's been shocking. He's been atrocious all season, I can't work out what's happened to him.

He offers absolutely nothing. Over halfway through the season and he has 4 goals. Embarrassing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll improve and he'll come back to being useful, but he's so bad right now. Don't like how he's playing as a striker first of all, just stay central and in the box more often. Not sure what to do with him this season as I think he'll need a full off season to get it together again so he'll be relatively useless this season. But anyway. Very frustrating but I do think he'll come good again and at least be a useful player.

crossy1686

career ending
We play with 10 men whenever he plays.

He's had an appalling season.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think we might have to get rid this summer.
If we don't sell this summer we will never get anything nearing the £50m we paid for him. He can always put this season down to *covid and whatever else he feels like blaming but two seasons of this and he's worthless

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sadly, last season is starting to look like a flash in the pan for Martial. Tonight he looked like he had forgotten how to play centre forward. No movement in and around the box. No hold up play. It was a strange one. When he came on against Southampton a few weeks back I thought he'd found himself again. Looked lost tonight.

Djemba-Djemba

He'll improve and he'll come back to being useful, but he's so bad right now. Don't like how he's playing as a striker first of all, just stay central and in the box more often. Not sure what to do with him this season as I think he'll need a full off season to get it together again so he'll be relatively useless this season. But anyway. Very frustrating but I do think he'll come good again and at least be a useful player.
Problem is he's not on useful player money.

He's on top player money.

arthurka

What is Jesse Lingard doing these days? We could use a player who runs about and scores the occasional goal. This guy is just stinking up the place.

Like many, I was a Martial believer for so long. Got fecked over by Mourinho, thought he was one of our players of the season last year even though it was clear he wasn't a pure striker. That lockdown period was brilliant.

But I've given up, I genuinely hate watching him play. How can you play for the biggest club in the world and show so little desire to do anything off the ball. I think they could stick me up top and I'd make a few better runs than this bastard. Don't even know how much we'd be able to get for him and from who, he's not a striker but he's not a winger either. Which team would he fit??

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He saved up all his energy for that one burst and shot. Poor guy must be exhausted after that.

20+ goals last season, this was supposed to be the season he materialises from potential to a top tier no.9, man. I’m tired, Robbie.
This is it. It's been 5/6 years of almost, almost, almost.

Needs to be moved on but realistically he'll hit a decade here before we sell him to some Ligue 1 team like Lyon or Marseille for £6 million

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Starting to actually hate him, such a flegmatic player who is so lazy to make any runs, always on his heels, just open his eyes a bit whenever the ball is near him but still way too often surprised the ball is played to him to be pushed over so easily rightafter. He should be send to stands or at least bench and we should play with Greenwood, James and even Mata for now. I am really fed up with him. We really need to upgrade him in the summer otherwise our next season will be again disappointing waiting for this guy to finally wake up. Nothing player, In 5 years whoed no progress except his maybe first season where he surprised everyone to look already good enough to start for us. Not acceptable to develop at this pace though.

Redlyn

It looks stupid in hindsight that we preferred Martial to Lukaku. At least Lukaku could score some goals no matter what you thought about his build up play and whatnot.
It wasnt like it was one OR the other, seeing as we went and still got a striker in Cavani. Martial has proved to be not good enough but Lukaku didn't suit us and we got good money for him. Frankly no regrets there.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
The problem comes when martial has competition for the ST role, first happened with ibra, then lukaku, now cavani. It’s no coincidence, he lacks the mentality to deal with competition at a big club.

crossy1686

career ending
Don’t forget the “he will play himself into form” brigade, 30 games and were still waiting.
I wouldn't mind, I'm not quick to jump in on a player and write them off, but I've never seen anywhere near the levels of ability to warrant the adulation he gets from some sections of our support. He was decent at the end of last season but for the 5 years he's been here he doesn't even look a better than the day he joined the club, I'd rather see Greenwood start over him now.

kirk buttercup

Should be back up for Rashford on the left from now on . He is not a CF and we need to stop playing him there. Give Greenwood the time at CF. can see him going to Italy or France to play & that may suit him better but he is offering very little for us now .

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should not start again until he earns his place and if we have to play him, it has to be on the left wing. He offered us nothing upfront, confidence looks shot, but we can't carry players.

GledTheRed

He gets worse, didn't think it was possible.

He plays like he wants to get subbed on 60 mins, doesn't look arsed about getting tugged.

Saddy

Shocking player now but on such an inflated salary.

I remember Spurs were interested in him so PSG/Poch would be his only destination and maybe Inter Milan might consider him.

He should only be considered to play left wing to rest Rashford as lower/mid table central defenders are completely bossing him

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Need to get the fake crowd to boo him off the next time he plays like that.

Redlyn

He had a good season last year. How did it turn to shit to this extent. Even his main strength which is his build up is non existent. He had ONE good moment the entire match. Just incredible.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Loved what Jenas said about Greenwood getting into the box quickly when James was on the ball, and martial done none of that...too right he didn’t, brings nothing for us anymore, Rashford was always better on the left. Time is up for Martial me thinks.
While I agree with the sentiment on Martial, I don't think Greenwood got into the box again after that comment. He seemed to spend most of the match out on the right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.