Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Lose

Truly pathetic, he'll be another Sanchez for us and we'll have to subsidise his salary to get anyone to take him I suspect.

Said it at the time and I think proven right overall that we should have let him go at his last contract renewal.

crossy1686

career ending
He had a good season last year. How did it turn to shit to this extent. Even his main strength which is his build up is non existent. He had ONE good moment the entire match. Just incredible.
Based on the evidence we have, last season was the anomaly, this season is just a return to the norm. Saha was better.

Gandalf

Significant that tonight you could actually hear the coaching staff imploring him to move and perhaps even more significant that he appeared to ignore them. If Ed is still out Greenwood has to start up top in the next game, the total lack of effort is an insult to the rest of the team.

Superunknown

He's an utter waste of time in that centre forward position. He can't stay in that position as he comes too deep or he goes too wide too often. He doesn't work his arse off to get on the end of things. His movement in general is very, very underwhelming. I've gone right off him this season and he's now taking away game time from somebody else who could make it, such as Greenwood.

Needs to be benched. There's no way Ole or any of the coaching staff can be looking at his performances and think that this is acceptable.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I wonder how much Tony's camp paid Sergio for this tidbit

"But the thing that Anthony has which is quite similar is when he is running at top speed, he can stop the ball absolutely dead, in a split-second.

"That is the same as what Messi does. Leo will be running with the ball, on a mazy dribble, and then all of a sudden he’ll stop suddenly and change pace or change speed, or go the other side.

"Anthony can do that with ease and in fact he has done it many times. He dribbles the ball one way, stops suddenly and then goes the other."
What complete and utter drivel. No wonder why we lost faith in Sergio, his heads gone!

Devil may care

There's no defending his current performances and he's gotta be on borrowed time, all of his talent and got an undeserved start yet showed half the effort of James and Msson.

youngrell

Honestly baffled by his performance this season. Was time to kick on and realise his potential but his work rate and quality has taken another nose dive. And this time we can’t even blame him being treated unfairly or whatever. He just looks like he’s given up.

crossy1686

career ending
Saha was in a different fecking league! Jaysus. Don’t sully his name with comparisons like that. Saha was made of glass but a fit Saha would fecking transform this team.
:lol: fair enough, you've got a point. Saha was miles better but he was the first disappointing striker that came to mind, through no fault of his own I might add, injuries ruined him.

el3mel

That moment in the first half when James was running on the right to make a cross in the box for Martial and he was just jogging so lazily not even trying to reach the near corner to receive the cross was absolutely pathetic.

Cavani instead of him and that's either a goal or a close save by the GK.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Was once one of my favourite players but he’s not even trying out there. God knows what’s wrong with him. I’d snap someone’s hand off if they offered us £50m.
I’d take ten quid and a bag of chips. The season before last I wanted him sold, last season thought, ok, happy I was wrong, turns out I was right all along

spiriticon

Nicky Butt needs to take videos of Tony Martial and use them as training videos for the young kids on how NOT to play as a No.9.

Martial is an absolute reference point and you won't see movement like his in a No.9 for many, many years to come. There are valuable lessons to learn here.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Don't know what is going on with him right now but he is very, very poor. Will be afforded another chance on Thursday which is probably a good thing as it is a dead rubber. But should be benched for Chelsea.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
It's just weird, dude plays a new position last season and excels and then to this. You know what's also weird? The current football landscape in the age of Covid. He'll be back, hopefully. Be interesting to see his numbers before and after that long in season Covid induced break from last season.

ROFLUTION

Is this the Cavani effect on Martial? We saw something similar when Zlatan came in. I don't think he has the mentality to play for a top side.
Maybe just that he gets better with continuing games with no one disrupting his form/starting spot?

Had a good stint last year, looked like he was about to blossom, and now its much miss and little hit. Still think we should hold on to him, though. He's still above average and nice to have if we get in better players - Like what Torres is to City.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Incredible lack of posters leaping to blindly defend him and call posters "agenda driven".

Perhaps the agenda we had was our eyes.

Rockets Redglare

I’ve always been a big Martial fan but he has been absolutely dire this season.

He’s always seemed to be a confidence player and blown hot and cold but he seems a shadow of his former self at the minute.

peridigm

2015/16 --- 17g 10a (LVG)
2016/17 --- 8g 8a (Jose)
2017/18 --- 11g 9a (Jose)
2018/19 --- 12g 2a (Jose/Ole)
2019/20 --- 23g 9a (Ole)
2021/20 --- 7g 5a (Ole) through 30 appearances

All comps obviously but he's not good enough to lead the line. Would be interesting to see where those goals came from position wise. Bet it's mostly on the left. Best I can tell is he's only scored 6 penalties and missed 3.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Is this the Cavani effect on Martial? We saw something similar when Zlatan came in. I don't think he has the mentality to play for a top side.
If this is true, then we know all what we must about the boy's mentality.

I'm just perplexed he can't use Edi's experience to his advantage and learn something from the legit goalscoring machine.

Stevondo8

He’s just really poor for whatever reason at the moment. No effort, ineffective. One moment of quality for his shot around the hour mark but beyond that, anonymous.
Rashford, Bruno and James weren’t exactly great either tonight, but at least they effected the game and showed some energy/enthusiasm.

On current form, he’s 3rd choice for me. Wouldn’t be bothered if he was sold in the summer, him plus 30m for haaland?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It’s the biggest indicator as to how poorly equipped we are in attack that after over a half a season of poor performances he still starts so often.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Bit OTT right now. Drop him definitely, see if he can come back. At his best he has been a dangerous attacker, useful for any team.
No. We’re talking over half a season of continued crap performances and if his utd career was put in a pie chart divided into crap, mediocre and awesome, I know which would be the smallest slice.

rooney2009

I don’t understand why we keep hammering him
We all know He is a good player that is very low on confidence and out of form
Everyone is now having a go like we did Dan James,Lukaku,Lingard etc
Why don’t we just support our players when they are having a bad spell
He will come good again
We have just won a game let’s celebrate
Firminho and Mane are not on form atm that doesn’t make them bad players
It’s so easy and at times lazy to keep having a go at the same person
It’s like we are always looking for a scapegoat

UtdAgain08

I'm gutted about Martial at the moment. I got carried away thinking he would reaching a crazy level, hoping that this is just a long poor period for him and its a confidence thing. This is the first time though I've actually thought he might go at the end of the season and I wouldn't feel like its a mistake and we would regret it. I really hope he turns it around, I think he has an amazing amount of natural ability.

Dan_F

I’ve always been a big Martial fan but he has been absolutely dire this season.

He’s always seemed to be a confidence player and blown hot and cold but he seems a shadow of his former self at the minute.
Agreed. Confidence looks absolutely shot. I think calling for him to be sold is far too early, but if he isn’t happy with being a squad player for now, and can generate some interest for himself, then I would be too against letting him go.

I’d also say Cavani has played quite a few games like this, without the same levels of criticism.

Superunknown

It’s the biggest indicator as to how poorly equipped we are in attack that after over a half a season of poor performances he still starts so often.
We're a bit too generous with some players. Giving them chance after chance to turn the corner. Plus, we're a little light in certain spots, too.

If Martial gets benched soon or sold, he can't complain that he hasn't had chances. I'm very, very worried that we've already seen the best of him or the best that he has to offer.

Castia

It’s always the same with Martial, when in form he’s a good player but it feels like he’s usually either sulking or out of form.

We need a top class striker.

SuperiorXI

No. We’re talking over half a season of continued crap performances and if his utd career was put in a pie chart divided into crap, mediocre and awesome, I know which would be the smallest slice.
Ruthless, you may be right. Remains to be seen. I think he deserves more of a chance but wants dropping for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.