Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done.

the team and him, really needed a performance like that.

he’s had good games this season, but hasn’t taken it on. Hopefully it’s the start of a run. That’s what we need.

OmarUnited4ever

Despite his miss, let's give him a pass for this game, he did well in many situations held the ball well, city defenders fouled him countless times and the ref let it be.. stupid feckin' ref.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good, one of the reason for the win. His hold up play and composure was so good, should have scored though, it was very easy chance. But his overall game was so good.

slored1

Missed a sitter but was superb other than that. Hope this game starts his redemption to the form he showed last year.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Despite lack of goalscoring form, it's amazing how easily he can win something for the team.

What to do to make him bang goals, again ? He's really not that far from being complete European attacker.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Such a shame he missed. That was a perfect performance from him, but you have to score that chance. I think all season he's going to be off in terms of confidence in front of net, and won't be able to get it back until a good off season. But glad to see him put in his best performance of the season in this game.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I have criticised him lots this season, but wow brilliant today! Absolutely delighted.

snk123

That goal would have been the icing on the cake. Needs to lace more or go on the other side ffs

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Gutted that he missed that. But he can take this forward. Good game from him.

SuperiorXI

I was annoyed that he was starting but he played an excellent game and made me eat my words. Keep it up Martial, all we want is you firing consistently.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think it’s been underestimated just how much it has impacted us this season having him so off form. All of our best performances in recent years have come with Martial playing like this. Everything goes through him when he holds the ball up like that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He missed a very good chance but apart from that he was really good. Penalty aside it was criminal how City were just hacking him down constantly with no repurcussions.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's the Martial we know and love (some of us at least :lol: ).

A month or two ago I said that Martial kicking into form would probably be the single biggest thing that could push us into a true title challenge. It's probably too late for that, but if he does manage to get back into form I tend to think that will drive us on to a comfortable second place and hopefully success in the cups. Fingers crossed this is the start for him as an on-form Martial is a huge boost for us.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's early to tell if he's turning it around, and that wasted chance was criminal, but he's definitely made some people who claim he can't hold up the ball look really silly and ignorant. He's one of the best at it on the side, and if he can keep up these levels of performances, then the goals will eventually come. Come on Tony, show us what you can really do and get back to being one of the best players on the squad.

Holocene

He doesn't get enough credit for his hold up play. I think it's because of his size. If he was much bigger, there would be lots of talk about his ability to hold the ball.

Shimo

Good for him, he needs to carry this kind of performance against the lower sides. Really wish he had finished the chance he had, would have raised his confidence even more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Quality performance... Dunno where he pulled that performance from but more of it please.

If he keeps playing like that the goals will surely follow

kiristao

This was like the project restart Martial at the end of last season minus the goal. We really need him to continue this sort of form till the end of the season. Dropping him for Cavani just might have been the best lesson for him.
His previous best numbers were when Jose was pitting him against Rashford for the LW position.

tomaldinho1

Quality when G Nev said he was rag-dolling their defenders when they started bouncing off him on that run

Foxbatt

Good game. What happened to his scoring? You could bet your house on him to score before this season began.

Mindhunter

He held up the ball well and won us the penalty but it seems we are the only top team that has strikers who can do everything but score. I don’t want to ignore his miss. There is no long term future for him here if he can’t put that in the back of the net. He just doesn’t seem like someone who craves goals.

spiriticon

Martial has always been a strong player on the ground and not easy to barge off the ball. It's one of his best qualities.

I wonder if he would be a good midfielder actually. He hates playing in the penalty area anyway

Ludens the Red

He played really well but I’d stay clear of blowing too much smoke up his arse. This should be the standard level of performance from him.

SER19

I can't make sense of him. How was this the same man we saw recently.

RUCK4444

Martial, martial, martial... you hurt my brain.

If that version turned up every week he would be a nailed on starter here. I just can’t forgive the lazy performances.

Id consider changing my mind if he puts a consistent top effort in for the remainder of the season (we need him to.)

The penny needs to drop with him. Extremely frustrating player.

3KDré

Played well but he really annoys me that he chooses the same place every time he is one on one. The whole goal is open, but he will always try to roll is past the keeper's left. These types of 1v1s should be his bread and butter.

Vaibhav Raj

I am trying really really hard not to think about the chance he missed and focus on his otherwise impressive display. Against big teams where we are going to get few chances and are always in danger of losing the lead, I'd rather have him be shit with his hold up and general play and score the goal when he gets the chance.

Golden Nugget

Brilliant. Haven’t been happy with at all this season - I hope he continues this and starts proving everyone (including myself) wrong

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its harder to take chances in these big games as you have to go from concentrating a 100% on defense, pressing and holding up the ball to give the defence a breather for 10 minutes at a time to suddenly being presented a chance at the other end. Its hard to summon the technique under such mental fatigue.

Andersons Dietician

Sometimes he does turn in to the incredible hulk and just man handles people or they bounce off him. Played well, but annoyed by the just stopping having a chat with the ref asking for a could whilst play was still going on around him and he should have scored that 1 on 1 but he was good today.

Ashish Negi

Amazing performance, Cavani does not involve like this in our buildup. When Martial plays no 9 and play well then United plays well.

Also considering He was not fully fit and ole said till warm up they were not sure of him playing and then Tony simply bullying city's 100 Million CBs was joy to see.

Counterfactual

Martial, martial, martial... you hurt my brain.

If that version turned up every week he would be a nailed on starter here. I just can’t forgive the lazy performances.

Id consider changing my mind if he puts a consistent top effort in for the remainder of the season (we need him to.)

The penny needs to drop with him. Extremely frustrating player.
He personifies our entire season...

Status
Not open for further replies.