Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

It's a little unfair on him that Leicester played with a defence and goalkeeper today. How's Martial supposed to play when all these other players are running around him making blocks, closing him down and just generally stopping him from waltzing around the pitch enjoying his afternoon stroll?

He reminds me of a paddle boat. Except the water is thick sludge and the boat is made of paper.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Good on the ball but never a striker down the middle for us. He has far too much missing in his game to be a 9 for us.

el3mel

Oh how I missed his silent domination.

The only thing he seems to focus on doing at the moment is diving at least one dive a game. Nice one though.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Had a stinker today. He just cannot push himself. You have to be at 110% and he cannot do that.

MattofManchester

250k a week. A complete liability. I'm done with seeing him in the shirt.

Granted, Ole's obsession means we'll keep seeing him.

snk123

Scapegoat again. Didn’t do much wrong. Never given the ball to even do something. Tracked back well as well.

Again the frustration will be vented out on him.

ShinjiNinja26

Absolute shadow of the player he was last season. I don’t know how it’s possible to go from playing the best football of your career to the worst the very next season. :confused:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Scapegoat again. Didn’t do much wrong. Never given the ball to even do something. Tracked back well as well.

Again the frustration will be vented out on him.
Do you recall many games were Robin van Persie/Rooney/RVN were completely quiet, even when they didnt score? They dont add anything to the team with their link/hold up play, they don't make runs that create space for others, they don't win duels, etc..? And this, basically every game.

snk123

How many times did he even get the ball you? We were just fecking outplayed in the middle

acnumber9

Is it fair to say he hides behind his markers sometimes? Or nonchalantly strolls to the wings a lot? It's strange because he can be so strong and be decent at dribbling direct but his effort is.. odd.
He definitely does that. Easiest striker to mark that I’ve ever seen.

snk123

Do you recall many games were Robin van Persie/Rooney/RVN were completely quiet, even when they didnt score? They dont add anything to the team with their link/hold up play, they don't make runs that create space for others, they don't win duels, etc..? And this, basically every game.
Do you recall many games where fecking Leicster outplayed us? Had more of the ball and controlled the midfield? Do you think RVP would have alone made a difference - what did Cavani do when he came on? We were just awful all throughout the pitch and the continuous blame on Martial is unfair

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Do you recall many games where fecking Leicster outplayed us? Had more of the ball and controlled the midfield? Do you think RVP would have alone made a difference - what did Cavani do when he came on? We were just awful all throughout the pitch and the continuous blame on Martial is unfair
Cavani is neither good enough, and yeah, Leicester has outplayed us multiple times in the past 5 years. Not 10 years ago, but Martial adds nothing and adds nothing for months. Being a striker isn't just about scoring when an easy chance is presented, and even those he misses.

snk123

Can’t pass to a statue.
Do you want to go over the game and see how many times he didn’t get the ball because we were shite in the middle?

Blame him when he’s dogshit like he has been many games this season - but this wasn’t on Martial

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fecking awful again, I mean Christ compare his performance with Ian Nacho's even if you ignore Ian's goals

mav_9me

Just because others were bad doesn't excuse him.

Of course he is not to blame for the performance, far from it cuz we were never in the game.

But it was like we were playing with 10 men.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Yep. The clock of patience has surely run out on Martial. Time to cut our losses and offload him in the summer.
ran out for me months ago.
He fills me with a sense of dread when he plays.

We will never win a major title with him in the team. Ever.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shouldn't have been picked on form, nevermind injured. What did we gain from watching Martial gingerly jog about this evening?

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
ran out for me months ago.
He fills me with a sense of dread when he plays.

We will never win a major title with him in the team. Ever.
He was good last season. This season he has been a passenger in almost all games. And he doesn't look too bothered to lift his game or his attitude to get firing again. He's done.

DomM

Offered exactly zero today, his complete lack of effort is infuriating, someone needs to give him an absolute rollicking for not even trying to run into space behind the defence, most of this season has been a complete waste of space. We definitely need a new striker and if Cavani leaves make it two.

acnumber9

Do you want to go over the game and see how many times he didn’t get the ball because we were shite in the middle?

Blame him when he’s dogshit like he has been many games this season - but this wasn’t on Martial
No need. He didn’t fecking move. He moved so little it needed to be pointed out at half time on national television. By one of the greatest strikers to play the game.

el3mel

There're only 3 months remaining this season and he has only scored 7 goals total including only 4 in the league. :lol:

I mean even if we ignore his performance, this is an embarrassing output from a United striker, and he played regularly as a striker for most of the season.

I swear even Lukaku wasn't even that bad when he was having a terrible season before leaving.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There's only 3 months remaining this season and he has only scored 7 goals total including only 4 in the league. :lol:

I mean even if we ignore his performance, this is an embarrassing output from a United striker, and he played regularly as a striker for most of the season.

I swear even Lukaku wasn't even that bad when he was having a terrible season before leaving.
Normally if a striker doesn't score much, you'd even look for other way he might contribute to help the team but he is basically useless

Sylar

He turns up once every five games or when he wants.
Woeful season

Chairman Steve

Isn’t he 3rd highest earner at the club after DDG and Pogba? That’s really worrying. He should have at least 15 goals in all competitions at worst by now, but he’s on half that.

Andersons Dietician

Offered exactly zero today, his complete lack of effort is infuriating, someone needs to give him an absolute rollicking for not even trying to run into space behind the defence, most of this season has been a complete waste of space. We definitely need a new striker and if Cavani leaves make it two.
Half of his problem was that he was trying to run in to space. No one filling in behind to take the ball so his runs would actually be useful. Amount of times, play broke down as he was making a run inbehind when it would have been better if he did his usual and dropped in to space so we could move up the pitch.

El Jefe

He has a lot of talent but he doesn't understand the game at all, especially the strikers position. When his dribbling doesn't work, he looks absolutely clueless. Any normal striker, when struggling, seeks to find different solutions and hunts weaknesses, Martial just keeps doing the same thing over and over again.

Worst value for money striker in the league atm.

Redlyn

Shocking. Who could have predicted this radical decline after last season. Absolute shadow of a player. His time is up I would imagine.

G-MUFC

I'm amazed by the amount of excuses Utd fans make for Martial.

He was so poor today. He's often so easy to mark too.

We won't be winning any league or European title anytime soon with Martial.

Swearing Budgie

How much did Martial cost us again?

Did an agent put out a presser linking all the big teams to him in the hope we would bite? Or was he actually rated and on everyone's radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.