Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

He's a good player but was just extremely overrated by United fans at one point. Had to do with him coming while LVG was playing his crap football and he looked like the only good player back then so people rated him higher than what he actually is in comparison to the turd he was surrounded with back then.

A good option to have in the squad but he should never be a main starter or a player we build the attack. That is all about it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He's a good player but was just extremely overrated by United fans at one point. Had to do with him coming while LVG was playing his crap football and he looked like the only good player back then so people rated him higher than what he actually is in comparison to the turd he was surrounded with back then.

A good option to have in the squad but he should never be a main starter or a player we build the attack. That is all about it.
He really wasn’t. He was a golden boy winner at the age of 21 after carrying a poor Utd side. Supreme talent that looked like he would be one of the best in the world. I had loads of rival supporting friends who thought he was top quality and a very scary opponent. He has fantastic talent, but that’s only part of the requirement.

Luke1995

I think most of the Cafe would agree that Martial has more natural ability than Rashford but Rashford has more work-rate

For a while I thought that they could be the perfect starters for us but it never quite worked out...

I'd still rank 2015/2016 as Martial's best season for us.

Andersons Dietician

He refused to shake hand with Mbappe and you can tell from his facial expression when the board held his number. One thing to be feel angry/dissatisfied to your manager's decision to take you off but dont be dickish to your own teammate.
Le Sulk is fitting name for him.
Yeah but didn’t happen, and he was coming off injured. So if he was upset about anything it was the knee injury.

Mailo

Anyone holding their breath for Martial to have a stormer of a season is in for a tough ride, and deservedly so.

He's even weaker than Mkhitaryan, mentally. The guy has less will and determination than wet toilet paper.

Irwin99

I remember his first few months under LVG and he looked like one of those strikers that got one chance and it was a goal. He was seriously so composed and clinical for his age. It's sad that he's not really become the player we wanted him to be but he still has time on his side if he sorts out his (alleged) attitude problems and consistency.

lex talionis

If only Martial could be bothered to put in a serious effort on the pitch even when things are going perfectly for him.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I said in the Ronaldo thread, I reckon he’s done at United.

Ole, like Fergie, needs to be able to trust his strikers and I don’t think he trusts Martial anymore.

I expect him to go Italy or back to France this summer. If we got what we paid and his wages off the books, good deal. Doesn’t have the mentality to play at the highest level despite unbelievable talent (better than rashford by a good distance).

Gandalf

I said in the Ronaldo thread, I reckon he’s done at United.

Ole, like Fergie, needs to be able to trust his strikers and I don’t think he trusts Martial anymore.

I expect him to go Italy or back to France this summer. If we got what we paid and his wages off the books, good deal. Doesn’t have the mentality to play at the highest level despite unbelievable talent (better than rashford by a good distance).
According to Duncan Castle we have offered him to Real on loan with an option to buy. With how cash strapped they are it might actually happen.

jesperjaap

I disagree, he was very highly rated by everyone and has a ton of ability. He has nevr really progressed though and just not sure he has the drive and attitude to match his ability. He had a decent season at points before this one, but his form has been so sporadic at best over his time here we really should be looking to replace him.Maybe not this season as I think even with that sporadic form he is a good number two behind Cavani, so agree with you in terms of a good squad option.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Had a terrible season. Has all the ability in the world. Not a player you sell.....at all.

SAF is the GOAT

I remember Ole said himself in a podcast(The high performance podcast) that unlike SAF when a player doesn't match his(Ole's) expectations - Ole would not shout at him but he be quite about it and take into consideration that the player must be moved on.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Well it would depend on who we brought in. I wouldn't want us to go with Cavani as our only number 9 next season that's for sure.
Regardless of who we brought in , a loan with an option to buy is stupid. Either sell him or get a guarantee to buy at the end of the loan deal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he doesn’t go, really hope he has a great season next year. There are some United fans who could do with some words being rammed down their throats. I won’t dispute his poor season, but it’s as if this season is the first time anyone has ever seen him play or something. This is comfortable his worst spell. And I feel, at least on here, it’s just turned him into some figure of hatred, which I don’t really get. He’s a player playing poorly; that much is clear, but I don’t see why he should lose support for it - every thread about almost anything has a spell of random Martial put downs, banter or whatever it is about how basically useless he is.

If he left, I’d have zero issue, but until he does, he’s here and I hope he returns to the best version of himself, which is clearly better than this season’s form, as we’ve all witnessed time and time again.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Let's face it, he's not turned out to be as good as we require if we're to compete. Put him against some of our best strikers down the years, that have been mainstays of the team for years and always performed, or any top striker at the moment, and the issues are obvious. He's never ironed them out and he doesn't look like he ever will.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left. An over the hill Cavani is better than him. It's painfully obvious. At least we don't have to listen to "Martial FC" anymore.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Give him one more year. He was playing promisingly before he got injured again. He’ll be like a new signing and all that jazz. He seriously needs to sort out his movement and work rate and I’d say next season is probably his last chance with ole.

The thing is he has 4 goals and 6 assists in the league and was injured twice. 1500 mins. If he managed to stay fit despite some of his worst form here he’d have most likely gotten in around the same ballpark as Rashfords numbers (11 goals and 11 assists in double the minutes) I personally feel like there currently isn’t as much between the players as some people think apart from public perception and being likeable. The truth is neither is in great form or working hard enough off the ball and Cavani ended up showing them both up for work rate and desire last season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he doesn’t go, really hope he has a great season next year. There are some United fans who could do with some words being rammed down their throats. I won’t dispute his poor season, but it’s as if this season is the first time anyone has ever seen him play or something. This is comfortable his worst spell. And I feel, at least on here, it’s just turned him into some figure of hatred, which I don’t really get. He’s a player playing poorly; that much is clear, but I don’t see why he should lose support for it - every thread about almost anything has a spell of random Martial put downs, banter or whatever it is about how basically useless he is.

If he left, I’d have zero issue, but until he does, he’s here and I hope he returns to the best version of himself, which is clearly better than this season’s form, as we’ve all witnessed time and time again.
Whilst I agree that some of it is over the top, he did not only have a very poor season with regards to his ability, his teamwork was poor and, like it or not, seeing players sulking rubs a lot of people the wrong way. His form has suffered when there is clear competition for his place, which is not great at a club aiming to win things.

The way I see it, he's not come close to realising the potential we saw when he first arrived, but he's still a very good player at a very low current stock. It makes no sense selling, and having him and Rashford push each other for the left forward role will be healthy. Bearing in mind also, that Rashford will start the season recovering from surgery.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Let's face it, he's not turned out to be as good as we require if we're to compete. Put him against some of our best strikers down the years, that have been mainstays of the team for years and always performed, or any top striker at the moment, and the issues are obvious. He's never ironed them out and he doesn't look like he ever will.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left. An over the hill Cavani is better than him. It's painfully obvious. At least we don't have to listen to "Martial FC" anymore.
I don’t think Cavani is better than the Martial of the previous season though. He’s better than this 4 goal version of him though, but we would need to be saying that is what we see Martial as then - a 4 goal striker. He’s better than he’s shown lately.

If the two players could somehow be merged they’d be one hell of a striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Whilst I agree that some of it is over the top, he did not only have a very poor season with regards to his ability, his teamwork was poor and, like it or not, seeing players sulking rubs a lot of people the wrong way. His form has suffered when there is clear competition for his place, which is not great at a club aiming to win things.

The way I see it, he's not come close to realising the potential we saw when he first arrived, but he's still a very good player at a very low current stock. It makes no sense selling, and having him and Rashford push each other for the left forward role will be healthy. Bearing in mind also, that Rashford will start the season recovering from surgery.
‘Sulking’ is in all likelihood just made up bollocks that has stuck with Martial now. There’s no real indication that he’s moody or anything like that. This is how he has looked for 5 years! But fair points, Martial is not Tevez, and has never been Tevez. His confidence is also likely low too, which perhaps some could consider when mentioning that his game isn’t at it’s most vibrant.

As I said, I make no excuses for his form, it just doesn’t sit too well to me that a player who has, by all accounts been a fan favourite and provided us with many great moments as a player here is completely shat on when losing form. It’s like just a week ago (metaphorically) it was ‘Tony Martial came from France’, and now he’s public enemy.

Regarding selling him, I’d have no issue. I’m always down on the condition we can get better. There are United players I don’t rate, but none that I dislike. You would certainly need to do more than play shite for that to happen anyway.

And regarding the competition thing, I think that’s another myth that has become gospel on here. After we bought Lukaku, Martial was dropped, despite a great pre-season and was being brought on in the final 15 mins every match, and was coming on to great affect, scoring many goals from the bench. He eventually forced his way into the XI. Jose never really took to him, but he performed when given a chance. He was dropped when in great form for Sanchez, but even after that, he was again in form in Jose’s last season, a point in which I recall the caf regularly saying how ‘it’s Martial (and Pogba, believe it or not) who he has treated poorly who are keeping him in a job’.

Again, if we are to upgrade, by all means - I’m not defending him in that sense, but I feel like everything good he has done here has been erased and the narrative is that he’s been some sort of terrible signing altogether, which I disagree with. Think our fans need to chill out on the vitriol towards our players in general, personally. Critiquing the football is one thing, but I said the same many times about Lingard, while being very critical of his football. Just seems too easy once a player loses form to turn them into some demon, who we go all over the Internet clowning and ridiculing.

Raven

‘Sulking’ is in all likelihood just made up bollocks that has stuck with Martial now. There’s no real indication that he’s moody or anything like that. This is how he has looked for 5 years! But fair points, Martial is not Tevez, and has never been Tevez. His confidence is also likely low too, which perhaps some could consider when mentioning that his game isn’t at it’s most vibrant.

As I said, I make no excuses for his form, it just doesn’t sit too well to me that a player who has, by all accounts been a fan favourite and provided us with many great moments as a player here is completely shat on when losing form. It’s like just a week ago (metaphorically) it was ‘Tony Martial came from France’, and now he’s public enemy.

Regarding selling him, I’d have no issue. I’m always down on the condition we can get better. There are United players I don’t rate, but none that I dislike. You would certainly need to do more than play shite for that to happen anyway.

And regarding the competition thing, I think that’s another myth that has become gospel on here. After we bought Lukaku, Martial was dropped, despite a great pre-season and was being brought on in the final 15 mins every match, and was coming on to great affect, scoring many goals from the bench. He eventually forced his way into the XI. Jose never really took to him, but he performed when given a chance. He was dropped when in great form for Sanchez, but even after that, he was again in form in Jose’s last season, a point in which I recall the caf regularly saying how ‘it’s Martial (and Pogba, believe it or not) who he has treated poorly who are keeping him in a job’.

Again, if we are to upgrade, by all means - I’m not defending him in that sense, but I feel like everything good he has done here has been erased and the narrative is that he’s been some sort of terrible signing altogether, which I disagree with. Think our fans need to chill out on the vitriol towards our players in general, personally. Critiquing the football is one thing, but I said the same many times about Lingard, while being very critical of his football. Just seems too easy once a player loses form to turn them into some demon, who we go all over the Internet clowning and ridiculing.
Nicely said. The amount of truth bending and fabricating that goes on in this thread is unbelievable.

Champagne Football

He gets injured a lot and is inconsistent.

If someone offered 30 million for him, then snap their hands off and use the money to invest in other areas. Diallo and James can cover the wings. Greenwood can be back up to Cavani.

Sting

Not to say I told you so but I always kind of expected he would turn out this way. The fact that he was alien to the premier league coupled with his close control made things a lot easier for him in his first season. But if you really watched him closely you could always see the lack of movement and variation in his play. He is kind of like Robben in that sense but way less effective.

I wouldn't be against selling him especially if we can get good money for him.

Varun

Staff
I don’t think Cavani is better than the Martial of the previous season though. He’s better than this 4 goal version of him though, but we would need to be saying that is what we see Martial as then - a 4 goal striker. He’s better than he’s shown lately.

If the two players could somehow be merged they’d be one hell of a striker.
A fully fit Cavani will make the gulf between them wider if anything.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

This is how I wish our fans were.

I was a big Martial fan over the last couple years but have given up a bit on him this year because the team has progressed a bit whilst he seems to have stalled.

I have always enjoyed him as a player - he has given us a lot of great moments and even helped us with some cups. When I look at players like Veron or Forlan in terms of performances then Martial is no where near a flop.

As long as he is here I will believe he is a useful player even though he might not be a player we can rely on day by day.

The guy is also known to have a good and fun personality- yet our fans call him a sulker because he sulks or moans after missing a chance.

Its weird why our fans are so judgemental on players mentality - like we saw people question Rashfords ability vs his player status or mentality.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
After a season where we have complained bitterly about depth, we offer one of our more talented attackers (albeit in very poor form) on loan, go figure. Its bollocks. We'd be back to square one.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
After a season where we have complained bitterly about depth, we offer one of our more talented attackers (albeit in very poor form) on loan, go figure. Its bollocks. We'd be back to square one.
Who is going on loan?

IncyWincySpider

A disappointing season for him and I really hoped he would still be here next season and pull it together again. But if he does go why can't we just sell him rather than loan him FFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.