Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Went off with a sore groin and a bruised ego. Doesn't deserve his spot in the team on current form. Back to being 'le sulk'.

He will get his form back and go on and run again at some point I'm sure of it but our fanbase over rate him terribly. He's not world class and if Ole had got the players he wanted in January and the summer I don't think he'd even be in the team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I keep giving this guy 1, 2 or 3 rating. Getting tired of those numbers. Just didn't perform again, lost the ball easily, can't hold the ball & being outsmarted by defenders as well. It's like Lukaku flash back hold up play all over again.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Needs to be out of the team for a bit, Greenwood - Cavani - Rashford for now and let Martial work his way back in.

Those saying he needs to be sold are crackers, he's out of form, that is it.
Absolutely.
If some posters have their way, we wouldn't be able to put a team out, so many get so much stick, possibly rightly in some cases, but sell everyone who has a poor game, or a run of poor games?
Martial is clearly very low on confidence, but he will start scoring again sooner or later.

kundalini

Decent shot after link-up with Telles but otherwise the pattern seemed to be United play the ball towards Martial, it either got intercepted or they waited for him to control it then dispossessed him, broke at speed, created a good chance to score.

He wasn't the only player who had a horrible first half.

Having a tough season so far. Just needs to find some momentum and build from there.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Decent shot after link-up with Telles but otherwise the pattern seemed to be United play the ball towards Martial, it either got intercepted or they waited for him to control it then dispossessed him, broke at speed, created a good chance to score.

He wasn't the only player who had a horrible first half.

Having a tough season so far. Just needs to find some momentum and build from there.
Momentum stems from movement.
He should try it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very glad he came off. Whether it was his lingering groin injury or garbage mentality - he had no interest in putting effort on his first touch ball protection. What Mickey Mouse world does he live in to think he can take a first touch, while marked, by lethargically putting his foot over the ball away in the premier league? What’s the stats on his atrocious possession loss today?

Bobski

Static Martial is a waste of time, mobile, relentless, penetrative running Martial is exceptional.

AngliaRed

I think he is our long term problem.

he’s very predictable nowadays. He plays like he doesn’t give a feck most of the time and his hold up play is very limited.

sell him or bench him and get sancho then we could line up like this.

Rashford........Greenwood.......Sancho
.......................Fernandes.................

M Bison

Supports
York City
Really poor today, has all the ability to be a top striker but doesnt have the determination or drive and it showed massively today and against Soton with how others perform. Not sure what the longer term plan is with him but i cant see him ever being a no 9 for a top-top side.

Ace of Spades

He needs to start performing now. Talent is useless without dedication and hard work.

If things are not going well for you, do the basics right at least. DanJames is a better option than Martial in the form he is in right now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think he is our long term problem.

he’s very predictable nowadays. He plays like he doesn’t give a feck most of the time and his hold up play is very limited.

sell him or bench him and get sancho then we could line up like this.

Rashford........Greenwood.......Sancho
.......................Fernandes.................
Martial is playing himself out of his future at the club. Especially as OGS is an esteemed and iconic goal scorer and so knows better than most on what constitutes a reliable forward.

The United

Thought he was getting better after Bruno came in. But, yeah, not looking for him in long term if he does not get out of his own shell.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Catastrophic loss of form and confidence. Happens to all strikers and he will rebound. Some day soon he’ll bank in a hat-trick.

acnumber9

Got pocketed by Balbuena today. Got tight to him and tracked him everywhere.
He must be the easiest player to mark in the league. I mean, Mata came on, can barely run but finds space easily. Same for Greenwood and Rashford. Martial is always on the verge of being tackled.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can’t see him making that run Rashford made for the goal. His movement just isn’t there

pascell

An infuriating player, movement at times is non existent and is as inconsistent as the day we signed him. We've done everything to keep him happy and motivated, gave him his no.9 shirt, made him our 1st choice striker and he's still labouring around the pitch.

Djemba-Djemba

I still think he's a top player and it would be madness to sell.

But he's been an utter fecking disaster this season and he should be dropped. Don't know what on earth has happened to him but it's a real worry.

Lee565

Can see him becoming another ben arfa at this rate, all the potential but being let down to fulfil it by his attitude/mental strength.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Went off with a sore groin and a bruised ego. Doesn't deserve his spot in the team on current form. Back to being 'le sulk'.

He will get his form back and go on and run again at some point I'm sure of it but our fanbase over rate him terribly. He's not world class and if Ole had got the players he wanted in January and the summer I don't think he'd even be in the team.
This.

The commentators called it a "blessing in disguise" when he went off, because Rashford offered a LOT more after the change and it completely turned the match around.

Hopefully its not a lengthy injury, but when he gets back Martial needs to deliver right away. Hes been dire so far and we cant have our "main CF" in this kind of form

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This.

The commentators called it a "blessing in disguise" when he went off, because Rashford offered a LOT more after the change and it completely turned the match around.

Hopefully its not a lengthy injury, but when he gets back Martial needs to deliver right away. Hes been dire so far and we cant have our "main CF" in this kind of form
He's still a decent player and he will get some form back at some point but there's a reason why all our rivals rate Rashford higher than Martial. He delivers more consistently and delivers when it counts.

RedIan

On form he is superb, the problem is hes not on form often enough. Really poor today, no movement, poor touch, knocked off the ball too easy and face like a slapped arse... rashford looked twice the player when he came on.. is it time to move Martial on and get a consistent classy fast forward in. PX for sancho and let greenwood take his number 9 spot??

Last edited:

Chicharito_

I can’t see him making that run Rashford made for the goal. His movement just isn’t there
He doesn't have the pace to make that run, he is quick with the ball at his feet but he can't run in behind..he's actually quite slow in a long sprint.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
What the hell is it? Is it just confidence? The odd time he did get out first to the ball, he was swatted aside like he wasn't there. I thought he had come on so much in that regard after the resumption ladt season. He offered nothing apart from that one nice link up with Telles and shot. I'd have the other 3 ahead of him every day of the week at the moment and would consider having another look at Ighalo. Needs something and needs it quick.

lex talionis

It’s impossible for any of us to understand WTF is going with Tony, but there’s no doubt it’s entirely psychological. He has the talent and athleticism, but he looks all wrong on the pitch.

Rooney went through numerous bad patches in his career, but he always fought hard even when he couldn’t beat keepers. Somebody needs to get to the bottom of his personal demons and lift him out of his mental funk.

GueRed

It’s impossible for any of us to understand WTF is going with Tony, but there’s no doubt it’s entirely psychological. He has the talent and athleticism, but he looks all wrong on the pitch.

Rooney went through numerous bad patches in his career, but he always fought hard even when he couldn’t beat keepers. Somebody needs to get to the bottom of his personal demons and lift him out of his mental funk.
even in his rough spells he still fought and did a lot of donkey work for the team

Going on five years of watching Martial it's clear to see he lacks the drive and determination on the pitch to push on to the next level..

eire-red

He needs to have a period out of the team, he's really bad at the moment. Mata coming on also shows that Martial, Rashford and Greenwood isn't working up front, opposition defences have figured out how to defend against them.

Mata offered something different, and that assist for Rashford was top class. Greenwood is so dangerous in the box too, you can't teach that finish, its just instinct. Martial is almost worse on the wing than up front, he's not beating men, working back, or stretching defences.

I think this season has shown how we really need genuine wingers. Rashford is fine on the left, but on the right we need someone who wants to get to the byline and looks to do something different, and is comfortable on the touchline. Martial needs to get his act together, going forward I see him fighting it out for the CF role with Cavani and Greenwood. I hope he gets back to top form, we'll need him at his best over December, especially if we have any injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.