tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Martial when he misses a chance :
acts like he stubs his toe
"owwowowowowoww pute pute pute"

Pavl3n

He has to kickstart his season against West Ham. I would rest Bruno and Marcus and play Martial, Mason and Pogba. That's more than enough quality to beat them. Time to live up to the 'ice cold Martial' nickname.
Two out of the three names you mentioned are weak mentally and we need that win.
I wouldn't start Pogba ahead of Bruno, unless we are playing 3rd round of FA Cup at home.
And that's how I'm recently feeling about Martial vs Rashford or Cavani. I could even put Mason ahead of Martial - at least Mason forces the keeper to make a save.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Did you know?
Anthony Martial is the only player in Champions League 2020/21 edition who scored 2 non penalty goals, and has Goal Difference 0.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Im with you here. It’s always easier to not be over critical of Martial or Rashford because both have a very loyal and vocal fan base on here but both of them could, and should be upgraded on. They would both be very good cover for better quality options.

Neither would get into any of our successful teams over the last 30 years.
Absolutely. There is heavy bias for them because they’re all we have. You have to call it as it is though - we’ve relied on these 2 for goals in the past 3 years (with cameos from x other fringe players) and it’s obviously not been good enough.

Statistically, when you have a strong pattern over many games, you’d be a fool not to acknowledge it. They’re poor finishers and horrible decision makers. Seriously, just sit and watch United 99 and 07-10. Tell me if Rashford/Martial get in there with their snail-like decision making

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Let's hope he gives us a couple of goals today and puts this barren run behind him. C'mon Tony!

lsd

The Oracle
Amazing how good we look without him. Faster and more dangerous when we have players that actually make runs behind defenders.

Surely he loses his place now

crossy1686

career ending
How long do we tolerate the martial tribute act? He’s had his time and his chance here, get someone else him and ship him off to some mugs in Europe

el3mel

An injury might help him. He needs a break from the sport as he has been really abysmal.

Guv77

No coincidence we stepped up a gear once he went off.
Rashford yet again showing him that running off the ball, making runs in behind is what gets you chances.
False 9 give me a break. He can’t pass and can neither keep hold of the ball, ends up on the floor far too easily.

spiriticon

Nah he's definitely better in the centre, he's just not used to being on the left....:rolleyes:

HowYouDoin

Should be out of the club.
First he was same level as Rashford a few years ago then Rashford surpassed him and became a far better player.
Then Cavani showed us what we were missing in not having a real number 9.
And now Greenwood who played really well in the 2nd half will also claim that number 9 position as his.

Martial isnt a difference maker, he is our 3rd choice as a number 9, should be out of the club.

Frank White

This place is probably going to be rough...... Another stinker today. Going to need him to find some form quickly no idea what's happened to the guy.

slored1

I wonder what distance did he cover in the first half. Fecking strolled around the pitch expecting the ball to come into him, and if he got it he fecked up. Absolutely terrible.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just so bad at the moment...to the point where he was just actively harming us being on the pitch.

Stretfordender

He’s finished at this club, he is everything that is wrong with that first half performance. The movement of Rashford and Greenwood when he went off was of the highest standard. He’s 25, mentally he hasn’t got the right attitude to be a united player. Got to go!

Obiorahking_

Bad again. Albeit in his less favored position but still didn’t excuse bad performance. Needs to pick up steam fast, but I think Greenwood is making a case to start ahead of him at least until he gets his shit together.

Marcelinho87

Needs to be out of the team for a bit, Greenwood - Cavani - Rashford for now and let Martial work his way back in.

Those saying he needs to be sold are crackers, he's out of form, that is it.

Steven7290

It has gotten so bad I actually feel bad for him now. Can't even do the basic right consistently. Maybe he really needs a break away from football.

swedishgloryhunter

Well i dont think we will sell him in january unless theres a major bid but this is a make it or break it season for Anthony. Hes had his chances for so long.

He needs go get his act together and quick.

Raven

I think some time out will do him good. I hate that he's probably picked up a shitty injury but a few weeks off might help him get his head straight in front of goal.

T_Model101

Very poor today, but we will need absolutely everybody over the Christmas period, especially considering Cavani may have a ban hanging over him.
So I hope he isn't out for long

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is struggling badly. But he will turn it around. No doubt about that.

mu4c_20le

Starting to feel like the season he cheated on his mrs. Hopefully its not issues off the pitch again and just confidence

jamesjimmybyrondean

Pains me to see him like this after impressing last season. Needs to sit on the bench for a while and earn his spot back.

Status
Not open for further replies.