Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've given up on Martial. Thought he turned a corner last season but he's regressed. Players like him used to play for the likes of post Invincibles Arsenal (post Fergie United then!)

No fight, low effort. You'll get some good highlights of him on Youtube because he's a very good footballer but he just doesn't seem to have the personality or mentality to be in top title challenging side.

vanderstar

How can Ole switch Cavani for Greenwood? Maybee Martial contributes too little so Ole forgets hes on the pitch?

Ludens the Red

Things you can do and not lose your place in the team
- never score
- never assist
- not run
- not close people down
- not try and recover the ball when you give it away
- incomplete passes
- can't hold the ball up

How this guy is still starting games is beyond any form of reason

Red_toad

Wise business would be to sell him when he is still young and fetch good money.
He's on big wages and has been main striker for United and done very little this season. I don't know how Ole is going to solve this problem? Looks like he can't be bothered most of the time and just isn't a threat to the opposition, just so easy to mark. Has it in him to perform much better, but how long do we have to wait?

Eddy_JukeZ

He should be binned for that performance.

One of the worst performances I've ever seen from an attacking player with some form of rep.

Stacks

starting to feel sorry for the kid. I like him as a guy and he must have the weight of the world on his shoulders. He knows united number 9's must score more than 2 league goals (we don't do Firmino's) esp when he cried when Zlatan took his shirt and then proceeded in scoring 30 goals off the bat in an injury season. As each game goes by and he doesn't score, with Cavani and the United media breathing down his back, he must be feelin it man. I pray for the kid. He needs a break

slored1

Infuriatingly utterly dreadful. Went missing and was bullied and outfought from the old man Jagielka and Chris Basham. Should be benched until he shows that he gives a feck.

RedDevilRoshi

Martial is in awful form and needs to be dropped, but doesn't mean that he needs to get out of the club. He's shown over a longer period of time he can be a good player. That sort of opinion won't be popular tonight but anyway. A focus on the here and now, a terrible performance.
Sorry what long periods are you referring too?

2 good seasons out of 6?

The guy is majorly inconsistent. Tonight’s performance isn’t anything new as we’ve seen it way too often. Take nothing away, he is a very good player on his day but does not show it anywhere near consistently enough.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's on big wages and has been main striker for United and done very little this season. I don't know how Ole is going to solve this problem? Looks like he can't be bothered most of the time and just isn't a threat to the opposition, just so easy to mark. Has it in him to perform much better, but how long do we have to wait?
I think he's having a Hazard 15/16 type of season. He was class last season, and there is a good player in there. But complete garbage this season and getting worse. No confidence and no work rate which is the worst combo. Besides, we need depth. Maybe he just turns into a depth player which is what I think he will be. So it's worth keeping him anyway. But definitely not the answer as a starter.

lsd

The Oracle
starting to feel sorry for the kid. I like him as a guy and he must have the weight of the world on his shoulders. He knows united number 9's must score more than 2 league goals (we don't do Firmino's) esp when he cried when Zlatan took his shirt and then proceeded in scoring 30 goals off the bat in an injury season. As each game goes by and he doesn't score, with Cavani and the United media breathing down his back, he must be feelin it man. I pray for the kid. He needs a break

Now i hate you as much as i hate Martial. At least he gets paid a fortune to annoy me

Welbeckham

Needs to be benched. Been awful recently. Subbing Greenwood before him was stupid enough from Ole, not to mention letting him play the full 90 minutes.

SAFMUTD

Low on confidence and on poor form, time to move him on. Don't understand why Ole keep insisting with him when he's been shit all season.

Name Changed

weso26
I think it's the worst performance I have ever seen in a United shirt. Absolutely disgraceful, awful attitude and zero work rate.

Rhetorik

Jagielka owned him tonight. I cannot understand how he played the 90 after that first half.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Lazy as usual. Just get rid man, we're not winning anything significant with this guy leading the line.

Sylar

Not sure how he lasted 90 minutes.
Was hoping he would use today to perform and start a good run but that was a disgraceful performance from him

The worst is when he loses the ball and either stands or sits and sulks whilst others run past him to try get the ball back

It's even more frustrating because he's hardly in the box or moving there to score for us

midou

Now i hate you as much as i hate Martial. At least he gets paid a fortune to annoy me
This is completely wrong mentality, caring more about Martial's feelings rather than United's success.

P.S wanted to quote both posts in your reply.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Wtf. Feeling it? Who gives a shit? He put himself in that position.

El Zoido

One of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a United player. Words cannot describe.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not good enough as a striker. Needs to start in the wing or not start at all. Just does not have the movement or workrate.

Oranges038

Actually don't care if I never see him play again at Utd or anywhere else for that matter.

DomM

Why Ole kept him on for the 90 minutes is beyond me, its like playing with a 10 Yr old who doesn't enjoy football, didn't create a single thing, no movement off the ball, just stands there like a bloody zombie, quite pathetic performance.

I would be looking to sell him in summer and use the funds to buy a proper winger who can get to the line and put in a decent cross, something that has been missing for a few years now.

Giggs' right foot

Yep, that was it. He's playing - not solely based on today, but this season as a whole - some of the worst football I've ever seen from a United-striker/attacker.

He seems so mind-numbingly unsynchronized with players he's played with for 3-to-5 years. That's not only aggravating - that's actually impressive how you can sink that low in quality and football IQ.

Rashford definitely has been up and down this season and when he's down, he's just as useless as Martial, with no grit or fight in him - but with Martial, he's never up anymore. He's not doing anything, orchestrating anything, solving anything. He's just there. A stool in the corner which absence you'd never notice.

He is not good enough. He genuinely wouldn't start ahead of Vardy at Leicester, Jimenez at Wolves, Lacazette at Arsenal, Watkins at Villa, nevermind teams like Liverpool, Spurs, City, Chelsea etc. If that's the case, then you shouldn't be near the starting eleven at United.

Chairman Steve

Does the concept of position competition seem to affect him? We buy Zlatan he disappears, We buy Sanchez he disappears, We buys Cavani he disappears.

Hardly a player you’d want in a successful squad. Fergie would have passed on him with his 4 strikers vying for 2 spots philosophy.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Couldn’t care less if he’s sold in the summer. That’s how I feel about his performances this season.

Hes useless at the moment. How many times can one player get beaten to the ball?

Strats

Should never have lost the ball before the second goal and it was infuriating when he stopped and sulked after a mistimed pass where Bruno had to chase down the Sheffield player to prevent a goal.

His feck ups this season have been incredibly costly in important games. The absolute sitter he missed at home against PSG comes to mind.

sidsutton

Takes some doing to be so consistently shite. Not even an occasional moment of brilliance. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.