Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

I have defended Martial at times. That’s it now. No more excuses, no more credit left in the bank.

He’s not a young player now, he’s a senior footballer who should be in his prime.

The only word I can find to describe that performance is “vile”

MVP_88

The very fact we pander to him by playing Rashford on the right says it all. He’s not our best left winger or striker. You can have all the talent in the world but if you have no application or drive, you’re nothing. Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood best strikeforce. Dan James first choice sub.

Djemba-Djemba

I have defended Martial at times. That’s it now. No more excuses, no more credit left in the bank.

He’s not a young player now, he’s a senior footballer who should be in his prime.

The only word I can find to describe that performance is “vile”
I feel the same way as you.

It's one thing to play badly or be having a bad season. We've seen all that before.

Tonight he was an utter fecking disgrace, lazy and immobile. If the ball wasn't hit perfectly directly to his feet he didn't bother trying to get it, if he gave the ball away he just stopped and moaned instead of trying to win it back, if he had to track back and defend he'd slowly jog back and just wait to get the ball.

He was disgusting tonight and if a crowd had been in he'd have been getting booed.

G-MUFC

I almost get the impression that he's unhappy that Cavani was signed and now he's performing badly as a way to throw his toys out of the pram. He wasn't happy when we signed Lukaku either.
He was like an extra defender for Sheffield United tonight. He has to be sold if he keeps this up. His attitude and work rate is appalling. He's so easy to defend against when he plays like this. We'll never win the title with this guy as our central striker.

sidsutton

It might be in a foreign language but picture tells the story.

Dog awful.

He must have thought the pitch outside of that one square was lava.

What frustrated me more was the terribly weighted pass to an overlapping Shaw right at the end of the match. Just incapable of the basics right now.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
When you watch united training videos he trains at exactly the same level as well, no intensity at all.The most inconsistent player in the league is playing as striker for Utd.
To be fair, he is probably the most consistent player in the league this season. Bad and consistently bad.

Lentwood

I feel the same way as you.

It's one thing to play badly or be having a bad season. We've seen all that before.

Tonight he was an utter fecking disgrace, lazy and immobile. If the ball wasn't hit perfectly directly to his feet he didn't bother trying to get it, if he gave the ball away he just stopped and moaned instead of trying to win it back, if he had to track back and defend he'd slowly jog back and just wait to get the ball.

He was disgusting tonight and if a crowd had been in he'd have been getting booed.
Exactly. And the bit that is most disappointing is that I turned to the missus when he went down holding his shoulder after three minutes and said “well that’s him done then”

If ever there’s a player to chuck the towel in up against a rugged CB like Jagielka it’s Martial

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I mentioned in another thread about how I was wondering what Matic was doing the whole game. Not enough based on this clip.

Sure, he made a few good tackles at the end. Defended a one-on-one very well, but by that time the damage had been done.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I'm afraid his race is run at United. I had such high hopes for him this season. The end of last season gave me great hope that he'd kick on this year. But he's not a kid and has had a million chances and hasn't become a goalscoring forward or creative force.

Djemba-Djemba

Exactly. And the bit that is most disappointing is that I turned to the missus when he went down holding his shoulder after three minutes and said “well that’s him done then”

If ever there’s a player to chuck the towel in up against a rugged CB like Jagielka it’s Martial
Haha I said the same thing here.

He's not the type to battle through the pain is he

The Oracle

I've said it before, and I will say it again...

Martial gets paid £250K per week

Harry Kane gets paid £200K per week

Could you imagine Harry Kane being as lazy as Martial was tonight?

It would never happen, Harry Kane's attitude is top notch, whereas Martial's attitude absolutely stinks.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Opens thread. Closes thread.

Don’t have the energy to deal with you all. It was a rubbish performance but some of you are being vile.
Are you saying it's acceptable for a Manchester United starting striker to have as little goals as he has this season, all while putting in feck all effort? I'm grateful we got Cavani in. The effort he puts in into playing the game has opened my eyes up to how Martial is getting away with murder out there.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We are moving Rashford from left to the centre and then to the right to accommodate this fraud. 2 PL goals by Feb is truly appalling.

Rashford needs to stay on the left. Cavani through the middle and Martial on the bench.

RedDevil@84

As posted before, I would sell him.
He may become an awesome player tomorrow. But I think I have seen enough. He may have an excuse or a very valid reason every time he goes out of form, but for whatever reason, it is not happening. And it is time we realize that and let him go. Th excuses just keep changing, but it is all the same result.
Something or other does not work for him.

Cberg

Such an infuriating player to watch. I gave him some hope despite his general lack of effort, but I've had enough now. Give him back to Monaco or someone for free, just get him and his attitude out of the club.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Don’t have the energy to deal with you all. It was a rubbish performance but some of you are being vile.
"Don't have the energy" just means don't have any answers/justification for defending him.

Instead of trying to take the high ground (and failing miserably), give positives for Martial or just avoid the thread?

tjb

Thing is, if he hadn't given that ball away he wouldn't be as criticized...but this emphasizes the problem. He's played like this countless times this season. He doesn't even look at where he's passing at times. People let him get away with it, on the basis of one average dribble

Instead of trying to take the high ground (and failing miserably), give positives for Martial or just avoid the thread?
Why would he do that though? His entire redcafe existence is to prove what a wonderful person and fan he is.
So he comes in, tells people off for not being as wonderful as him, and then on to the next thread.
We have a fair few of these on the caf these days.

Welbeckham

He’s done. We’ve been patient, but he’s done. How can anyone defend him when he doesn’t care in the slightest? Plus he’s not a good footballer apart from three times in a season.

VivaRonaldo85

The very fact we pander to him by playing Rashford on the right says it all. He’s not our best left winger or striker. You can have all the talent in the world but if you have no application or drive, you’re nothing. Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood best strikeforce. Dan James first choice sub.
That’s something I’ve been thinking too. It’s a double whammy right now in that he not only stinks the place out for 90 mins but generally keeps Rashford out of his most destructive and dangerous position of left forward

Jacko21

Thought he’d done well to stay on the pitch for 65 minutes... was in disbelief when it was Greenwood that made way for Cavani!

stw2022

Average squad player. Decent touch. Not much else. The fact he’s been here for a few years now and still for all intents and purposes first choice is, in its own way, hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.